It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant comedian on Joe Rogan podcast today:: Dave Smith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Refreshing. Haven't heard of him until this podcast, but I'll definitely be checking out more of his material.
Nice delivery on ALL of the hot button issues and covers a broad spectrum.

edit on 25-9-2017 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I recommend for everyone to listen to the first 20 or so minutes, if you don't have time for the whole thing (like me). Super reasonable takes on kneelgate.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Meh..I'm trying to avoid anything with the word "kneel, kneels, kneeling, NFL. I've had too much.

Actually at 1:23:00 Joe jokes about how Kapernick is the story NOT Puerto Rico. LOL

There's much more important stuff happening but that's unfortunately how our culture is... short attention spans

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

I love Joe Rogan's podcast, he's not afraid to tackle controversial issues and does it in a very non-partisan way. He had a pretty good interview with Ben Shapiro a few weeks ago.

There's also another good clip in my signature

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have not watched this one yet, but I highly recommend the Joe Rogan Show. It's what I turn too for entertainment and good discussions these days. a reply to: knightsofcydonia

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWaterC1

Ditto. There are so many incredible guests from all walks of life. There's a little something for everyone.

I like his no nonsense approach to topics and he's generally well researched.

I have to give Joe Rogan HUGE credit in my early stages of my awakening seven or eight years ago. I first discovered his short talks on '___' and cannabis related stuff and thought, wow he had some good points and is very intelligent.. I've been hooked ever since .
edit on 26-9-2017 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yup, and I think they made that point earlier too. I just thought Dave had a very non-sensationalist take on it.

Anyway, I didn't mean to make it all about the NFL controversy, sorry for instantly bringing it into your thread, lol. I'll try to listen to the rest of it then.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Joe is one of a kind in the online entertainment community.

Ill tell you why "kneelgate" coverage (thanks for that) is just as important as Puerto Rico and all the disasters. Because we are facing a National disaster and crisis of identity and unity right now that will not go away.

In some ways Trump is doing all of us a favor by stoking the fires of what was reduced to embers for the last year since Kappy started the kneeling thing and its good for the same reason people in support of the kneeling say thats good: because it draws attention to an issue.

However, in this case, Trump is actually drawing attention to a fundamental societal issue DIRECTLY rather than obliquely like the kneeling does for police brutality. Unlike that very obscure and disconnected reference alluded to by kneeling, Trump is DIRECTLY calling out those who support anti american views and believe me its not just the kneeling thing hes talking about.

What if Trump is a lot smarter or more clever than people give him credit for? What if he realized this kneeling thing taking place in the NFL is a touchstone for an anti american philosophical trend thats been building momentum and support for DECADES?????

thats what i think this could be.

The fact is, the kneeling thing does not exist in some discrete little box. Its connected to alot of other social commentary and actions by the extreme "progressive Left". The 'kneelgate" thing is merely a more visible and perhaps easier to reference symbol for a much larger problem thats been silently festering and growing under the surface of the skin of the body politic.

The hatred of America is now firmly and overtly en vogue among the rich and famous. If someone feels like it they could create a thread with every anti american statement made by hollywood elite and famous people over the last X many years. I think many people would be astonished how well entrenched and popular it has become to hate America.

so Trump is doing all of us a favor by drawing even more attention to this. We are a Nation in crisis and we simply MUST get a very healthy PUBLIC dialogue going about what we are going to do about this.

We have various groups of people with divergent philosophical, socio political ideas of what America was, what it is now and what it should be. This is the great crisis and challenge that will affect probably everything else that happens in the fairly immediate future. We cannot afford to write this thing off as just the latest faddish nonsense being paraded by the Media. This is serious and we MUST tackle (heh) it immediately.

Ive already started engaging conversation in numerous social media discussions to provoke people into sharing their true thoughts and feelings about where America is going and what we should do about it. this is what i challenge every one to do. Talk to those who are willing to listen. Try to practice your arguments to yourself first and rehearse a bit so you can bring your A game to those discussions. Most of all try to also LISTEN to your opponents and refrain from saying offensive things that will cause them to switch off or burrow deeper into their mindless ideology.

we must push logic and reason to the forefront of every discussion. Insist that people provide rational arguments for their positions. Insist on a common understanding of words and their definitions.

Lets do this.

sorry for the tangent....but i felt that this Rogan show spent a fair amount of time talking about these very things and i think we need to keep the discussion going and even enlarge and expand it outward as far as we can.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Pretty much every work-day morning I listen to either Rogan, Colbert, Burr or John Oliver. Their perspectives on politics and people raise a smile or a good laugh and kick starts the day as I drink a coffee.

With Joe's show, it's all about the comedians, fighters and scientists he has as guests. He comes alive with the best guests. I'll play this one in the morning.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Nice! I wish there was more time in the day because after listening to Michael Savages 3 hour daily, there's not much left.
conservativestream.com...

I'm also a devotee of joe podcast because of his fantastic guests. Jordan Peterson and Brett Weinstein recently appeared together and it was probably the podcast of the DECADE

edit on 26-9-2017 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I still haven't watched it so it's on standby.

Have you noticed YT have been busy this week taking down channels and videos? I was a minute into one and it was removed. A couple of channels vanished between last night and this morning.

new topics

top topics

join