It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have slept 12hours each day for the last 3 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just want to post this because of how odd this is for me, even though I have slept 12 hours before being that I was up for over 14 hours in one day; but, this is very unusual for me.

So starting on Wednesday afternoon at about 2pm, I crashed out till 4am Thursday morning (14 hours), I have nothing stressful at work, literally, and since every time I go to sleep, I sleep no less than 12hours and even starting this morning I woke up at 4:38am, went to sleep about 4:40pm yesterday...

Anyone else having this issue?

Even now, only being up for 2.5 hours a d drinking 5 cups of coffee, I'm still a bit tired.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

I have a cold that has had me down for a week. Maybe you have a bug? Also, its getting dark earlier now, fall maybe that has you tired. Try sitting in the sun everyday for a few minutes.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i would say listen to your body, it knows what you need.

i WISH i could sleep like that for a week or so....enjoy it if you can....this phase may not last long.

also it could be an indicator something is amiss....do a personal inventory with diet stress and other things and see if you can come up with a cause for the need for increased sleep.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

A healthy person can go 17 hours of being awake and feel not the slightest of being tired. Of course the more stressful and physical your job the more tired you will be, but even at that you should still be sleeping no more than 8 hours a day.
When I was working in the rolling stock train car industry, I had a ridiculous schedule of 1 week 6:30 Am - 4:30PM, and next week 8:00PM - 6:00AM, rotating. It was hell, but I managed to get sleep in, and I didn't sleep that long.

Two things could be your issue, one you don't have a sleep pattern, but usually that involves LESS sleep, not more.
Or, two there is something wrong medically. I'd see a doctor either way, fatigue and over sleeping is a prime symptom that something is wrong, whether it being a common cold, or something more serious. Better be safe and if this persists, go to a doctor and tell them everything.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Vitamin deficiency? Not eating well can have more effects than you think.

www.everydayhealth.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

How on earth can you describe that as an "issue", man i would love to sleep like that for a while.

That being said, i think vitamines might help you, specifically C and D. Preferably from food and not in pill-form.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Better be safe and if this persists, go to a doctor and tell them everything.

Yes, i would suggest you follow this advice, Komodo.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Please go get your bloods done.
Failing that, find a kinesiologist who should be able to get to the bottom of it for you.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It could be the change of the seasons. The change quite often affects my metabolism one way or the other. The other thing it might be is the body fighting off some sort of pathogen, the symptoms of which haven't grown to conscious level yet.

My ass has been dragging for about a week and a half. I'm attributing it to the change of seasons. I slept 9 hours last night and woke up feeling more tired than when I went to sleep.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I work night shift.

so what is this "sleep" you speak of?
edit on 23-9-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You might be nocturnal.

I am.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Dude, if your sleeping more than ten hours a day consistently, that is not healthy. Not only is it not healthy, but as has been suggested could point to health underlying health concerns.

I only need six hours myself, but usually do 7-8. I am functional on four, but not usually as friendly.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Do you snore loudly when you sleep do you know? If so, I think I may know what's going on..

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've noticed if I sleep longer than 8hrs I end up more tired through out the day. Over sleeping for me is almost as bad as undersleeping.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I almost always either sleep 4-5 hours or 11-12 hours, there is no in between. The longer periods of sleep usually occur during the times close to the changing of the seasons. I chalk this up to the fact that the human body is naturally set up for hibernation mode and my body is just doing it's natural thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

sounds like a problem I once had..

It runs in the family, my body have a hard time taking advantage of Vitamin D.

So I need to take Vitamin D in pill form everyday.. and I need all the sunlight I can get.

Or else.. my bones will weaken and I would be tired all the time and have a bigger chance getting a depression then other people.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

This is pretty common for everyone to experience every couple years or so. It's called 'sleeping beauty syndrome,' I believe.

Sleep can last abnormally long times for no apparent reason.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I had something similar happen a few years back. I could doze off within minutes of sitting down and sleep solidly for hours. Some days I would get out bed after sleeping a good eight hours, go to the couch and fall asleep for another four to five hours.

I finally went to see a doctor and after a few blood tests, I found out that my whole endocrine system is screwed up. From there I started taking thyroid hormone and the sleepiness got much better. After months of slowly raising my dose, we finally got it dialed in and felt 100x better. Also, as others have mentioned, vitamin D and B deficiencies can add to the issue. I take a daily dose 5000IU of vit D and a methyl folate supplement for vit B. Do to a gene mutation of the MTHFR gene, I can't process or absorb vitamin B, which is why I take the methyl folate.

There are a few other endocrine related meds I'm on that have helped with my energy levels and added to my quality of life, but the thyroid, vit B and D supplementation have been the biggest relief to the general sleepiness and over sleeping. Hopefully your sleep issues are seasonal or your body's way of catching up on rest and not anything major. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Forgot about.the.vitamn D...thx.just odd that I haven't changed my diet at all and never had.this

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

Thx you! Need to definitely check the vitD For air since we don't get a lot of sun here

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join