It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico is 100% without power after Hurricane Maria — here's why that's a huge problem

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
6a reply to: marg6043

That all may be true (I really don't know), but is she an incompetent administrator? Even if she is, we have a President who expressely prohibited other nations from coming in and helping Puerto Rico the way we moved in and handled Haiti.

It's time to impeach the President of Puerto Rico.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You know that is not true.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

No, I don't. But lets say for the moment that it is true. I don't see how it's relevant. A proper disaster response shouldn't be, and in fact isn't reliant on ports. Haiti for example had zero ports after their earthquake. We have amphibious landing craft, and we also have a helicopter fleet. Both are entirely capable of landing and delivering goods around all of Puerto Rico, nothing is dependent on San Juan.

So even if everything that you say about the mayor is true, it's simply not relevant given the capabilities of the US Navy. Which goes back to the whole problem, we haven't deployed them to actually help like we should have. Thus, Trump (since this order would ultimately have to come from him) has completely dropped the ball. He's been sitting in a luxury resort playing golf while Americans are starving to death in the streets.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To continue showing what is actually happening in Puerto Rico, here is what a police officer from the island says is happening there. She speaks in Spanish but there are subtitles in English.

Meanwhile the mayor of Puerto Rico is not even attending meetings to try to help resolve the crisis in Puerto Rico, meanwhile we have got political trolls in ATS posting false stories on the mud pit which happens to be the #1 thread in ATS... Just amazing...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Mayor of Puerto Rico? I think you mean mayor of San Juan...

Other parts of PR were hit much worse than San Juan btw.

Go ahead and make a strawman out of her. The Trump supporters certainly have.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Let's see,

Carriers couldn't go 173mph nor could they power a nonexistent grid.

Destroyers not capable of your expectations.

Three amphibious helicopter assault ships with their attending hover and landing craft along with full hospital suites - are not enough.

13 Coast Guard Cutters and 40 helicopters are not enough.

Thousands of containers full of relief supplies delivererd to ports is not good enough.

USACE and SEABEE personell helping clear roads and getting power majority of hospitals not good enough.

Now you want an island wide amphibious assault staged!!!!

WTF

Next you'll be proposing entire inventory of operational B-52's be engaged in massive rain of supplies - only you'll be pissed they left out the B-2's and that Trump and the Air Force were holding out.

Everytime I come back to this thread something even more outlandish and wholly impractical is proposed and said to show Trump was at fault.

What I'm hearing loud rumblings of is PR teamsters allied with bad PR politicians not giving a crap about lives and welfare over their greed and power.

I see your commentary as but an extension of like kind.

Marg has it right and she ought to know.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

No strawman... She is an unapologetic supporter of Oscar López Rivera, a violent Marxist-Leninist (all Marxist-Leninists are violent) from Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional Puertorriqueña (FALN) who wanted to "liberate Puerto Rico from the U.S.... That means this Marxist Leninist Puerto Rican mayor, Carmen Yulín Cruz, is nothing but a hypocrite. No wonder the police officer says "this is being run like a communist regime". Cruz favors, like many others the independence of Puerto Rico, but during this crisis she is only trying to frame President Trump while it is her fault that people are going hungry.

Not to mention, the fact that the governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo A. Rosselló, is a member of the New Progressive Party. No wonder Puerto Rico has so many problems, which started long before this crisis.

edit on 2-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join