It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Super Injection" Delivers Several Doses of Drug at Once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Full title at link: The New All in One 'Super Injection' that Delivers Several Doses of Drug All at the Same Time

This is really exciting. The potential for healthcare is fantastic... but like anything, it could be mis-used/abused as well. And red flags are already popping up for me because although the title says "drugs," the article refers repeatedly and constantly to vaccines in particular.

The single jab offers hope for people who are scared of needles, and could prevent children missing follow-up vaccinations which leaves them vulnerable to illness.

Experts say the capsules could be considered for use on the NHS in 12 years, potentially allowing babies to have their polio, meningitis and pneumonia vaccine in one doctor’s appointment.

Professor Robert Langer, a senior author of the study from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, said: ‘We are very excited about this work because, for the first time, we can create a library of tiny, encased vaccine particles, each programmed to release at a precise, predictable time, so that people could potentially receive a single injection that, in effect, would have multiple boosters already built into it.’

The process was developed by the Massachusetts Institute for Technology (MIT) and funded by the Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation, using an existing polymer known as PLGA, which is already FDA approved.

It works using tiny capsules programmed to break down at different times, releasing drugs into the body weeks after being injected. They are made from a safe substance already used by doctors for dissolvable stitches.

They have already worked in mice to release their load nine, 20 and 41 days after being injected.

It will take another 10+ years to study and ensure its efficacy and safety:

Dr Kevin Pollock, honorary lecturer in infection, immunity and inflammation at the University of Glasgow, said: ‘I have used micro-particles before in mice. The safety aspects of such a delivery mechanism would need to be demonstrated in many animal models and clinical trials before these will come to fruition.

‘We are talking 12 to 15 years before such a proposed vaccine set-up would be considered as part of any national vaccine. But it is exciting to see since our proposed efforts to generate vaccines against HIV, TB and malaria have largely come to nothing using existing adjuvant systems.’

I wish the article had expanded more on that last part that I bolded: the "existing adjuvant systems" and how this procedure is different. An adjuvant is a substance added to vaccines which "enhances the body's immune response to an antigen." Source I'm not sure if this procedure uses different adjuvants or less adjuvants or no adjuvants at all! But I do know that these adjuvants are one of the concerns I've read about regarding vaccines, and especially for children. Maybe someone smarter than me will be good enough to help the rest of us understand???

Given the massive push to force so many vaccines on so many, and especially the youngest and most vulnerable among us (babies!) --

(Like this: Families Not Vaccinating to Have Fortnightly Payments Cut)

-- and in a world where anyone daring to say, "No, thank you," or even just, "Hey! Let's look a little closer at this," is verbally tarred and feathered and accused of wanting to murder their fellow man, woman and child, this could be a blessing or a curse. Time will tell of course.

Many of the comments after the article are quite interesting and informative and are well worth the read. (Not all, of course -- but many!)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The future is 1 pill with programmed Nanobots that can cure anything at any time, anywhere.

That and using certain frequencies to destroy parasites and pathogens.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

I saw that -- and it's also quite interesting and exciting... but also subject to mis-use and abuse.

More than ever, with all the technological advances being made, it seems that a "Patient's Bill of Rights" is more appropriate and necessary than ever.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Looks like they are trying hard to introduce some long-term brain programing !!

They could even get millions of people to "think" a certain way inside a specific timeframe in the future !!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
No thanks.

I understand why... but it's a crying shame that you, me or anyone should have to feel that way about such a promising technology. Unfortunately, the medical establishment has so tainted and corrupted the system -- and in so doing, lost the trust of the public -- that it's at least as much of a threat as a promise.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like they are trying hard to introduce some long-term brain programing !!

And that's just ONE of many dangerous and abusive possibilities...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Injecting capsules into the bloodstream? Sounds like a stroke waiting to happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Hmmmm... could be. I suppose that's just one of many potential safety factors they would have to further research...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Black_Fox
No thanks.

I understand why... but it's a crying shame that you, me or anyone should have to feel that way about such a promising technology. Unfortunately, the medical establishment has so tainted and corrupted the system -- and in so doing, lost the trust of the public -- that it's at least as much of a threat as a promise.

That is the Herd mentality if they can get past treatments for the herd vs treatment for the individual things will change for the better. Right now I agree more a threat

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

if they can get past treatments for the herd vs treatment for the individual things will change for the better.

I agree. Protecting the smallest minority from the abuse of the majority.... We really need a Patient's Bill of Rights and sooner -- not later!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Injecting capsules into the bloodstream? Sounds like a stroke waiting to happen.

These are nano particles. A viruses coating remains in place permanently. It's only when the virus make contact with a particular target on a cell that it injects the RNA into the cell. This system would have the viral coating disintegrate after a fixed period of time.

But there so many ways this could be abused. Think of what the Bulgarians did, or Escape From New York.

new topics

top topics

join