It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chapter Numbers and Verses are Inspired of the LORD.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

OF late they don't bother me. I think I give the "go elsewhere vibe" better. They seem to get I am not receptive. The JWs the Mormons, and gods forbid the pentacostals, all are politely asked to "go away now". Mind you New Zealand has always been a place where religion is for the individual, so lets keep it that way eh? Kinda place.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Interesting OP, thanks for throwing it together.

A few questions arise, in my mind at least.

If God is able to preserve the chapter and verse numbers as some sort of sign (I'll assume - but open to other reasons) of his divinity and the preservation of truth in his word, than how come he couldn't just preserve the whole thing? Is there a "pure" Bible or set of scrolls? If so, where? Another thing that comes to my mind is the Bible's many inaccuracies in regards to science, history, or geography (to name a few). How could those things be there in divinely inspired texts? It does not make sense for God to put forth effort in more or less hidden signs and not clearer ones.

The answers to these questions, no doubt involve me opening my heart to find them. Well I tell you I have (in the past) and I'm left with the conclusion that the allegedly divinely inspired texts that make up the Bible can only have been by men, for men (and women), during and for the periods in which they were relevant.

From a theological side.. I would argue your findings to be the work of the Devil trying to steer you away from what's really important in those texts. Something about avoiding "foolish controversies, genealogies, arguments, and quarrels about the Law, because these things are pointless and worthless." As an atheist I'd suggest taking a more objective look at your faith and religion.

The truth shall set you free. That said, to each their own.

edit on 9-13-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

It is hard for me to take you seriously when you say thanks for putting it all together and then say it is the work of the Devil. I get called names, made fun of, and people say the vilest things about me, without even trying to prove it to themselves that what I have concluded about the Preserved word is true.

The chapter and verse usage was limited but started in 1227AD. Then the NT Wycliffe Bible in 1382 was the first to use Chapter and verse numbering in a printed version of Scriptures. The AV Holy Bible was first printed in 1611(translation started in 1604, that is seven years) was the first complete Holy Bible in English to use Chapter and verse. Since then all Bibles followed suit in taking on the chapter and verse numbering system, however there are a few who have removed the numbering and reduced it from single verses to paragraphs and chapters. It took a few AV editions to get the English for our generation in the AV perfected.

But God does say and it is important to say that the over all context of Psalm 12 is about preserving his called out servants, Israel, the immediate context of Verses Six and Seven are specifically referring to his words as purified, tried and that he himself would preserve His words. God has always used men in each generation to preserve his word, that by the time God got to the English Generation of today, which started under King James of England, as it was under his reign that the English Empire was established by the time he died, The Sun never set on the English Empire.

While that Empire has long been lost, English still remains as the predominate trade language of the world. Most computer software codes though they are reduced to the binary system of Zero's and One's, are primarily written in English for the most part.

I having actually read 25 different English versions completely through at least 3 times each since 1994. Since 2003 upon reading the AV for the first time I came to it with a pure heart, I asked God, "if this be your preserved word for us today please show me truth". It took me two years of reading, study and comparison that I realized there a few things that separated the AV from all other Bibles.

1) The English best represented the plural meanings of the Partial Hebrew and Greek manuscript copies that were available. Where the translator were uncertain, the prayerfully asked God to lead them, at times the just Transliterated and word at and other times they translated it. But they were the best English words for what we had. From the AV you could literally teach every other versions word changes just by knowing the many meanings of the English word.

2) Every word can be defined by the context in which the words are found. As I described above in Psalm 12:6, 7. NO need to far a dictionary to give you the meaning. And as the English language grew Dictionaries were made to keep up with the meanings not just spellings. I currently have a Noah Webster's unabridged dictionary which means it has all the original word's of the original 1829 version of his dictionary. Which have all the 360 plus revised Bible versions since 1830/1880.

3) It has all the words, phrases, verses and sections in it. This was one of the things that amazed me the most. Though some of the words, verses, sections seemed controversial to scholars as late as 2010. I found that the bibles I had been reading ad parts removed, some changed words. These bibles limited the plurality of meanings of the English word to one single specific point, causing a vast amount of application to be lost. Some of the words were just changed to synonyms of the original English word used the preserved version, which even led to more confusion for men to understand.

IN short the Preserved word of God as found in English AV Version is the most complete and accurate Bible to date.

4) It also has the most amazing inspired of God cross-reference system I have ever seen. Most Bible versions have a cross referencing system that has a theological slant of specific denominations. So when you buy their Bibles their system is usually found either in a center column or as footnotes at the bottom of the page. The one I speak of does not have to put the cross-references for you anywhere but in the text itself.

This means you must read the Preserved word of God enough times to have an actual familiarity of all the words in it. To this day 14 years later I am still finding words, phrases, sections and whole verses that cross reference to another part of the Bible.

5) Out of all the other Bible versions out the the preserved word of God is simple enough for anyone with at least a 6th grade education can understand it clearly. The preserved word testified of itself that it teaches and makes wise the simple. Having said that I know of a man who recently went home to Christ, who had only a 3rd grade Filipino education who taught himself English and how to read with the AV Bible I gave him. He was a real blessing to the church in the Philippines.

6) The preserved word of God has clearly in it has Historical Application, Doctrinal Application for tow separate groups, one Israel and the other the Body of Christ, the Church. And it has Spiritual Application for all men, saved and unsaved.

Once this was all realized by me I rarely use and Lexicons anymore, I rarely read commentaries anymore. I daily read it and mark the cross references in the margins of it so I can see God's word more clearly. I have found many truths that if I share them like I did about the Numbering of the Verses and the numbers of certain words many would say they are of the Devil. But The Holy Ghost teacheth by comparison of spiritual things to Spiritual things and the Bible is a spiritual thing that we must daily delve into and we will never fully know it all in this life time. Everyday I am surprised at things I see.

The Preserved AV Holy Bible is written for man to live in this world system united with his maker. It is a God inspired, God preserved and shows us the Love God has for all men, even though he has appointed one nation to serve him forever, that being Israel. We the Church will be with him forever more according to 1 Thess 4:13-18, this we have for our comfort in a world of wicked and perverse men.

I hope this answers your questions, and I assure you I was in no means trying to create any foolish controversies or arguments, surely you will not say it is of the law, which was the main context of the verse you quoted as found in Titus 3:9. It usually comes down to ones own bias. It was just an observation from years of reading the Bible. First I noticed little things in the AV like some of the the 3:16 verses having some real spiritual truths in them (milk). Then it grew to see the more in depth truths Meat. But every good meal for full nourishment contains good meant, Vegetables which usually followed by desert with a good cold glass of milk.

Be blessed.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Archbishop Stephen Langton and Cardinal Hugo de Sancto Caro developed different schemas for systematic division of the Bible in the early 13th century. It is the system of Archbishop Langton on which the modern chapter divisions are based.
The first Bible in English to use both chapters and verses was the Geneva Bible published shortly afterwards in 1560.
Chapters and verses of the Bible

And 13 again. 13th Century.

What makes 5 the number of death? Is there some reference or is it that Gen 5:5 has 5s in it. If so, then 5 wasn't the death number until the year 1560? (or 1382? I just read what you posted above).
edit on 16-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Gen 5:5 was the first natural death of old age. Acts 5:5 (which is historically Israel or Jews only church at that time) shows the first supernatural deaths of members who tried to lie tot he Holy Ghost. We never see that again. I am not counting a lot of names but Judas Iscariot does have 13 letters in, he did rebel against Christ. I am not looking a counting syllables or annunciations as numerologist do nor am I trying to see whose name comes up to 666.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Both Wycliffes and the Geneva Bible both have ommisions in them. The AV has those in the text of the AV as stated above in my findings in comparison to at least 25 Bibles I have read through since 1994.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Did I already say that Death has five letters and that Satan the one who brings death, his name has five letters in it, or that earth has five letters where all this death is on going every day?

If so and the combined references I gave earlier should be clear enough to show that five is the number of death.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Did I already say that Death has five letters and that Satan the one who brings death, his name has five letters in it, or that earth has five letters where all this death is on going every day?

If so and the combined references I gave earlier should be clear enough to show that five is the number of death.

Jesus has 5 letters.
Grace has 5 letters.
Birth has 5 letters.
Idiot has 5 letters.
Moron has 5 letters.

Here are 8,887 5 letter words.
edit on 1692017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Yes you did, I forgot. I read what was written in several pages, then responded to the OP, having already forgotten by then. That happens some times.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

yeah I know happens to me all the time.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

great to see but which ones were in the preserved word of God?

Jesus because he died the death for all men.

While grace has five letters it has far less instances of it appearing in chapters and verses of fives. However, one must accept his death in Jesus to get the GRACE of God. So yeah grace has five letters and fits in with personal death. See the preserved word for die to self daily. oh my daily has five letters associated with dying.

Birth has five letters correct again and look again to the preserve word of God. Israel was to be born again in the pre-death/cross doctrine of Jesus Christ for Israel In the Age of Preparation for the Kingdom of Israel. Then for all men under the age of GRACE today it says we must be born of the spirit. How ever what applies to you today is that you were born in sin when your mother gave you BIRTH.

You know the truth of God's plan and it is very evident. Don't blame me because of my faulty behaviour that you wont believe the truth. Each man is accountable for himself when the gospel of the GRACE of God is not applied. For us faulty believers Christ is our Saviour without him I too would be lost as you.

you will rise and fall on your own words and actions not mine or any other faulty christian. There is no teaching in the Bible that says a believers is made perfect the day he believes on Christ. I wish it were so if it would bring you to Christ. But you already know the truth but willfully have turned from it because you are none of His or you would obey the truth. That is what the Bible says. However there is a dead line for even ones like you if you will put your faith in Jesus Christ.

Oh and here is one you forgot TRUTH has five letters like GRACE it to have no chapter and verse numbers of five, However TRUTH Jesus Christ, His DEATH is what gives you true life.

edit on 17-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

There's no such thing as a "preserved word of god". Only books written by men and translated, added to and taken away from multiple times.

But I'm not surprised you ignore all the other 5 letter words. Just another thing that messes up your op and you can't handle it.
edit on 1792017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

only in your mind, because like most Bible rejectors you don't believe the word of God nor what it says, yet you know it vehemently and internally.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

by the way Terry I love your ATS Red Eye signature.

Where can I get one like it?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I used to be a Christian. I know the bible very well.

I also know it's made by men to control men. Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

by the way Terry I love your ATS Red Eye signature.

Where can I get one like it?

You have to ask Zeus, who will ask Dione, who will make a request from Eris, who then gets it made by Adonis, who then gives it to Nut to deliver it.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

there is no used to be. You either were or were not. You either are or are not. I suspect by your language and how you believe that you never were because the Holy Ghost would convict you of sin and it hasn't. It is a sign and seal and a earnest expectation of your salvation.

So just be truthful you went to a Christian school or Church but you were never really saved.

I would be interested to know under which denomination you thought you were a Christian?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

who created it for you?

Are saying these are their ATS Acct names?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I was. Past tense.

I know, it's English and you have difficulty with it. But do try to have a basic grasp of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

There is no past tense in Christ, you are or you are not. You cannot accept clear English and you tell me to go to night classes. You never had a spiritual BIRTH, you are still and always have been dead in sin and trespass.

Look into the preserved word of God and you will see that I am correct.

My offer still stand to send you a preserved word of God for you to read and study.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join