It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to Xbox One, looking for game recommendations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Just picked up an Xbox One about a week or two ago. I had a 360 back in the day that I basically didn't use, and have barely played on any console before that or since.

I've picked up Borderlands 2, COD4, Plants vs. Zombies 2, Rocket League, Halo Maser Chief Collection, Grand Theft Auto 5, Titanfall 2 and The latest Witcher.

I always played on the PC with a keyboard and mouse, so when I first tried console gaming back in the day I got frustrated in about 2 weeks and just gave up. This time around it's feeling a lot more natural, and I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.

So far I've spent most of my time playing COD4, went through the campaign pretty easily and just started doing online multiplayer where I'm pretty consistently in the bottom 2, but have improved from being maybe 1 kill and 15 deaths to 5 kills with 10 deaths. Really like the gameplay, but I played it on PC for a bit and it seems a little stale to me. Titanfall is still downloading, but it let me do the little practice area and I really enjoyed the mechanics. GTA5 is fine, but I'm not super in to it and doubt I will be.

Right now I'm just sort of trying things out when they pique my interest.

Any games you really love that you can recommend? There's a lot of older games I'd like to try, but sticking to stuff that's come out in the last few years is preferable. I tend to like FPS type things, especially if there's more of a twist like Overwatch. Loved TF2 for a long time. Shoot I wish TFC was still around. I was quite the sniper with my 56k. Prefer something that's beginner friendly, but also something I'm not going to get bored of when I get good. Prefer something with on online multiplayer component, but not something that relies on having friends (ha!) since basically nobody I know is into video games at all.

Looking for what are now apparently called couch co-op games too. Something I can play split screen with one console.

Appreciate any help!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Project CARS 2
#getAwheelTOO

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
PC Gamer here , but with that lineup you are doing well on your own
I could add Borderlands the Prequel and the new Resident Evil (7) . I havent tried the latter , but my son says it is great.
Resident Evils take a certain type of gamer , though. I believe they are coming out with a new Dead Space. That is one heck of a shocker series. Play that one at night , with no one around , lights off, and earbuds....
Turned my hair white...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I could add Borderlands the Prequel

Oh yeah, that came with the pack I got. I can't remember the name of it.

What do you mean by a certain type of gamer? If you mean good, I'm out for now.

I heard Dead Space was amazing!

I used to always mock console gamers, but I don't really have room in the spare bedrooms for a desk. Also like being in the living room on the comfortable leather couch and reclining. That and being able to give my dog scratches while he's curled up next to me.

Appreciate the tips! Tell me more about Resident Evil.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Love xcom 2. Play the first 2 for 360 first (backward compatible). New dlc for xcom 2 was supposed to drop a few hours ago...but got screwed up. Also fallout 4 (get an ssd)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Smite. Its a mobi style. But addicting.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I could add Borderlands the Prequel

Oh yeah, that came with the pack I got. I can't remember the name of it.

What do you mean by a certain type of gamer? If you mean good, I'm out for now.

I heard Dead Space was amazing!

I used to always mock console gamers, but I don't really have room in the spare bedrooms for a desk. Also like being in the living room on the comfortable leather couch and reclining. That and being able to give my dog scratches while he's curled up next to me.

Appreciate the tips! Tell me more about Resident Evil.

I am a pure horror and RPG fan. Some like Borderlands , etc. I do like. However , at my age , if a game makes me jittery and anxious that one is for me. That is the "special type" of gamer I referred to . I also find the Silent Hill series excellent. Though a little outdated now.
My son doesnt own a PC. Yet he owns every single console from back in the day to the new Nintendo (whats it called?) Switch ? He got the new Zelda and is waiting for Skyrim to hit the Switch . He found out he could bring his Zelda character into Skyrim including armor and weapons. . That would be unique and interesting.

If you like fun zombie games try the Dead Island Definitive Edition Collection. 1 and 2 . Those are fun . Ever wanted to fight off a group of zombies with a boat oar ? Interesting.
Peace and welcome fellow gamer.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Forgot the main one my son still talks highly about today: Dying Light. Being a FPS fan and online , there ya go...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You already have one of the best games ever created so I'd say sink your teeth into the 100+ hours offered by the Witcher 3 , it's not multiplayer but who needs friends when your living the life of a Witcher.

Other than that PUBG is coming XBone soon.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Like zombie games. I was obsessed with Left 4 Dead. The second one not so much.

Man, Left 4 Dead has some awesome memories attached. I remember getting kicked from every match within a minute when I first started. I got REAL good at that game. One of the few times I ever added a friend. Me and that dude would just lay waste to any team we came up against.

Bet if I played I would remember those maps just about perfect.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Battlefield 1. It is a must own title.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ive heard good things about Destiny 2.

Was planning on picking it up this weekend.

I mainly play Battlefield 1 and 4.
Lately ive been playing a lot of 7 days to Die since the new content release.

For a great scare - extreme claustrophobia and full on, startled screams - Alien: Isolation.
Your butt cheeks will be sore from clenching.
If you play with the Kinect on and a headset. The Alien will be attracted to any noise you make in real life.
It gets pretty intense.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

U can connect your pc to your tv tho

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Kerbal space program , never tried it on console though , try a demo first , it is pretty hard , but i learned the ropes without having a clue about orbital mechanics/physics.

Perseverance is the key with this game , i spend weeks learning to orbit , rendevous and docking even with more then 2200 hours into the game there are still things to learn.
edit on 12-9-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
down world of tanks its free or prominence poker also free forza is also free atm if u have xbox life its a good racing game trials might also still be free c u on the battlefieldđź‘Ť

ps trials is worth it 2
if ur in to those kinda games

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

If it's shooting games your after the battlefield games are good, better than CoD I'd say personally.

World of Tanks is good for a free game, they've recently added a campaign mode.

If you like building games there's a few out now, I've been playing Ark a lot for the last few months which is a survival/building/FPS, basically you fight and tame dinos, build bases and kick ass. This is a game best played with others though unless you go into a PvE server or a player dedicated one, either way you can literally get 1000+hours out of the game.

GTA is good, but to get anywhere it's either expensive or will suck hours out of your life in grinding.

Resident Evil 7 is awesome I'd say personally.

Also, there's a tonne of free games these days, keep an eye out for deals and the free games you get every month, sometimes you get good games. Trails Fusion is free atm, you have to get a motorbike to the end of an obstacle course... It's a lot more addictive than it sounds.

Hope this helps and good gaming

edit on 12-9-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I didn't know that about Alien.

Now that, that will be fun when drunk.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
RIME for xbox..if you like zelda type game

edit on 12-9-2017 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Resident evil 7, one of my favorite games definitely a new experience and had me jump a few times

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Forza Moto Sport 5-6. 5 is free right now if you have a live membership. The Live membership is worth it, you get two free XB1 games per month as well as 2 free 360 games. 4 free games a month = 12 games for a $24.95 live 3 month membership.

The master Chief collection was okay, Halo 5 is just okay. I recommend you get GAMESPASS. I also have that, its $10 a month, but you have access to over 100 games, most of which I don't play, but there are quite a few that I like. I will cancel that membership soon, you can try it free for 14 days. I have had it for months.

Other games you might like, Fallout 4, Open world post apocalyptic game.

FarCry4, open world FPS, great game!

Skyrim, REMASTER, Open world game that will suck the life out of you. I would play Witcher 3 first, which you have already.

Gears of War, REMASTER, such a fun shooter! The single player campaign is great.

Resident Evil 7 is one that I still want, I played the demo on XB1, it has promise, and I cant wait to play it. Maybe for Halloween, I will buy it that week.

The Evil Within, great scary game, by Bethesda makers of Elder Scrolls and Skyrim.

The nice thing about a console is, you buy a game, and it runs, that's it. There are even MOD communities for some games. If you want to try them.

edit on 12-9-2017 by kurthall because: add

edit on 12-9-2017 by kurthall because: add

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join