It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDEs and the Simulation Hypothesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Remember how you can expand or decrease the render radius in a video game? As you displace yourself the geometry of the game comes into view and you cannot see what is far behind. People who have had NDEs (Near Death Experiences) describe a state of expanded awareness where they can experience many things at once. One experiencer describes how she could be wherever she put her awareness and felt almost like she had a 360°field of vision.

Despite religious ideology NDEs seem consistent among their experiencers. This article makes an interesting point. Is this expanded awareness something like expanding the render radius in a video game? Within a simulation, can our awareness migrate into larger streams of information where things like ESPs would be possible?

Is Our Universe One Simulation in a Billion and its Relation with Near Death Expereinces

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I remember reading about some surgeon that put a message on the top of a cabinet to see if any people who had NDE/OBE's saw the message. No one did, so I don't think NDE/OBE's are for real. That being said, I do think something weird is going on with reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thyextendedself
People who have had NDEs (Near Death Experiences) describe a state of expanded awareness where they can experience many things at once. One experiencer describes how she could be wherever she put her awareness and felt almost like she had a 360°field of vision.

Well I've never died IRL, but the only dream I ever died in, It was like that. I felt like I was a part of everything and aware of everything, it was very overwhelming. Weirdest thing ever to happen to me. Strangest dream I've ever had. So whenever I see these NDE things that closely correlate with that dream it kinda freaks me out, but kind of reassures me. I mean it's either right or it's not ya know? Won't matter which once I'm there.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I had a near death experience. I've experienced a number of weird things since then.

One time I dreamed I went to work and accidentally started a fire. I woke up and went to work and they were trying to figure out how a fire started. It was in the same location as my dream. I didn't want to experiment with any on purpose out of body experiences if I was doing it by accident because the only other person I know of on here that did that, died.
Plus if I was traveling out of my body, what would keep me anchored in this universe? I could pop back in a parallel Earth and be dead on this Earth. I don't like the thought of doing that to relatives. I have wondered if I've already done that.

I have read about people who died and came back and they could see and report things that they shouldn't have known. So if I've had a NDE, maybe my original program in this universe could be glitchy and I might experience things that a normal program or person shouldn't see. That might make sense if the entire universe is a simulation.

I occasionally dream about parallel Earths. I spotted a parallel Earth boss I didn't like one time. I was happy he didn't get hired. My boss at the time didn't like him either after an interview but I was surprised to see he was the spitting image of a boss I didn't like in my dreams on a parallel Earth. My former boss had retired and potential replacement bosses were getting interviewed. There are little differences from one reality to another if the parallel worlds are similar. I suspect there are parallel worlds where Al Gore was president and Hillary was president and some where WW3 broke out and the world is a nuclear winter land. I've also wondered if the missing dark matter of the universe are gravitational effects from parallel galaxies. Even if the gravitational effect is minimal, thousands of parallel galaxies would make an impact. There could be a slight dimensional shift variance.
edit on 11/9/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I've heard the tales of people saying they were looking down at their body while the drs operated on them.
I get the idea behind the surgeon placing a message on top of a cabinet to see if anyone claiming to have a NDE, would have read it.
But then I also think, if these people are looking down at their body, I'd imagine that their focus would be on themselves and what they're witnessing.
I know if I was in that situation looking at myself from above an operating table, the LAST thing I'd be concerned about is searching around for hidden messages.

I'd think, these people are expecting to die, hence why they are looking down at themselves. There would be millions of things going through their minds. And I doubt looking for a sentence on a cabinet would be on the top of my "Now I'm dead, what do I do now" priority list.

Like I said, I get his idea, and it's a good one,
but I would think it would be based more on chance/luck that anyone would read it during an NDE, than it being solid proof that there is no NDE because no one read his message.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Very good point.a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Thanks, Just my take on it, is all.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I will also add that the US government has supposedly hired remote viewers to see things using their minds. If they had no success at all with the method, I don't know why they would hire people to do that. If governments are successfully using such programs and people, it is probably kept secret to protect the program and the people involved. I suspect multiple governments have such programs. Then if you consider more advanced mind techniques, aliens might communicate telepathically with whomever they choose. They might even operate spaceships using their mind at least partially. The controls of the ship could be programmed to receive electrical impulses from their thoughts. That would make it a lot harder for a human to hijack the ship. I had a weird dream where I attempted to take over an alien spaceship.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

expanding the render radius in a video game?

been there done that... And I would say yes ! Also There is some kind of alpha plane. If it really is all a simulation. What about distance ? what about time ? Time is just the execution time in the renderer. Well that would imply that there is a time between execution (ESP) and distance is just as relative.

So I guess the architect thought 'let's make the simulation so big that it's impossible to leave their planet' . Think about it Even Celestia can simulate the galaxy on a simple computer

edit on 9122017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I remember reading about some surgeon that put a message on the top of a cabinet to see if any people who had NDE/OBE's saw the message. No one did, so I don't think NDE/OBE's are for real. That being said, I do think something weird is going on with reality.

That logic is hilarious.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
NDE's allow a person to see certain areas/realms that are not accessible whilst they are alive.

NDE's can also be times of a life summarized in such a way that the vision is hell itself. These visions can be so realistic that it forces angels to get into contact with the person.

NDE's also let a person's spirit meet the Architect of this simulated universe.

So not only is the view 360 degrees but it can be other worlds as well like Heaven and Sheol, Hades, Tartarus and the Lake.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: thyextendedself

It's definitely possible.

Here is a link to a great article about a NDE...

www.cnn.com...

With our without knowledge or brain washing of a cult, NDEs are consistent with one another.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well I am glad you had a laugh. a reply to: sputniksteve

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Everything is real. There are many that are on planet earth that are living planet earth. Hence, many 2d to 3d eyes are living the world. Then we can draw the conclusion to what we have today. Many people seeing the living planet above water. Some people seeing the living planet beneath the water. Most people seeing the space beyond earth through telescope, images from space agencies and the sattelites, probes.
And we have what we have now: We know much about our surface, we can connect alot of dots in outer space and can know a whole lot about our place in the universe while knowing little about our deep oceans, all due to the pressure of H20.

All dilemma stem from this in one way or another.

On the other hand we have the flat earth hypothesis, digital simulation hypothesis(like it should be called), many world hypothesis, parallel universe hypothesis, big bang hypothesis and mandela effect hypothesis etc.

But, might it just be a super-wordly, super-natural,
analog-digital-organic-inorganic /+|-(backwards-slash is not allowed) wave-particle experienc
edit on 12/9/17 by Sump3 because: A slash disappeared. And I corrected from one dot to a continuation of a sentence. Instead I divided in to a paragraph

edit on 12/9/17 by Sump3 because: Edited end of first paragraph.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thyextendedself

The Simulation Hypothesis has been a hot topic over the last 2-3 years (maybe more) because of celebrities like Elon Musk. Some versions are more like The Matrix, while others are equated to video games, or some variation of a futuristic AI supercomputer program.

I must warn you that the Simulation Hypothesis is just "the next theory" in a developing society. Back in the industrial revolution, everyone thought that god may have created a "gear driven" universe and that we just couldn't see the machinery. Before that, there was a hidden aether, the basic elements, and sacred shapes, like Fire and Triangles. Before that were gods of the sky, mountains, rivers, etc, that explained the shaking of the earth and the flooding of the land. There were hidden lands in the sky, like Mount Olympus, and an underworld (with Hades) where everyone was certain your soul would travel to.

Coming back to today, there are now hidden computers running our software and generating our reality. And when the next great revolution comes along, we will explain the universe using that theory.

Every new hypothesis/theory about the universe seems to pull back the ever-hidden Veil. But, every time we pull it back further, we find that the story is more complicated and that the "elements" we believed controlled everything were too primitive to correctly express our reality.

In truth, we only experience a fraction of the universe and only have a handful of senses to experience the world around us. It's more probable that we don't have the faculties to understand the universe. We, in our current state, will not be able to understand the depth of what we're surrounded by, so we will keep defaulting to these stories, so that we can feel more comfortable about our place in this universe.

But if we are honest with ourselves, we'd admit that all of these "theories" are just the ramblings of a tiny species, trying to project ourselves into a future "place", that we (probably falsely believe) have either "earned" or have a given "right" to, so that we don't feel that we will disappear forever.

The sad truth is that we will probably return to the same state that we existed in before we were born. If there is something more, it is most likely so far beyond our comprehension that our stories and speculations are just our primitive attempts at put humans at the top of the universal food-chain--living out an afterlife as if it's a slightly better version of our lives on Earth. If you were an alien listening to these stories, you'd find them to be the ridiculous ramblings of a primitive society.

And don't get me wrong--I think it is great that we attempt to explore our world, our universe, and to explain things that are beyond us. But we should also recognize the limits of our abilities and try not to lie to ourselves about the nature of eternity.

You are a human. That is it. Try to make your time count. Stop pretending that Mario gave you an Extra Life mushroom for when you die.

new topics

top topics

join