It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Hurricane Irma Coverage and Tracking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I live in Northwest FL, and I feel that we might be out of the path of Irma for now... Looks like south FL is gonna get hammered, and I wish you guys luck. Might want to get out if you haven't already.

It appears that there is tons of coverage by the media on Irma, but most of them seem to be hyping the crap out of it.. and they kind of should considering its an insane storm. But I found that the other media agencies covering Irma are more about the fear mongering than they are about actual tracking and coverage forecasts.

I have found a source that has been my goto since I found it for the latest coverage. Its a news station out of Virginia doing the coverage, and they don't sit around and fear monger the crap out of this.. One of their meteorologists has kind of become a celebrity since Irma because he provides very good graphic models, and actually explains the situation in a calm and clear manner. It appears this guy is a straight shooter, has a vast array of knowledge and graphics to help explain exactly why Irma is what it is. His name is Tim Pandajis from 13News Now out of Virginia, and I figured I'd share the latest video that he has put out so you guys can get some better coverage.

Not sure if you care about the past videos, but you can go back and watch them if you need to learn anything else. I feel this guy is better than the weather channel on the coverage of Irma. Hope you guys find this source helpful.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thank you for the link.

The mainstream media is getting burned out by so much hurricane coverage. Starting to get their facts wrong, exaggerate and make things up.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I wish you people down there the best. A girl I grew up with lives down there but she came up here to stay at a friends house until this Irma passes. My brother in law lives in the Dominican he had lots of rain and wind but it went north. Says he lost power. Says they got lucky.
The most I have been reading about Irma is they are wondering where she going to turn right.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Fake news is calling it the most powerful ever recorded but:

Maximum Sustained
Storm Year Winds (mph)
Allen 1980 190
“Labor Day” 1935 185
Gilbert 1988 185
Wilma 2005 185
Irma 2017 185

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hope those folks evacuating from south florida have a car with great gas mileage, just talked with my dad in pasco county, he says the vast majority of the gas stations are dry.

If this thing does not stay just off the east coast of the state this could get ugly if other central and north florida counties are also short on gas.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

The Fake news is calling it the most powerful ever recorded but:

Maximum Sustained
Storm Year Winds (mph)
Allen 1980 190
“Labor Day” 1935 185
Gilbert 1988 185
Wilma 2005 185
Irma 2017 185

They have quit saying that is the most powerful ever and are now saying that it's the only hurricane to ever maintain 185 miles per hour winds for 36 hours.

The media has been talking about this hurricane for so long that they're finding very obscure statistics now. I wonder what they will be able to dig up before Sunday's landfall?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Lots of cars now running out of gas blocking the highway going north. I think that is I95?

Most people in the Miami area have not even left yet.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I75 I think, hate that interstate with a passion.
eta: on good days I have been parked on that interstate, thought that was several years back.

I understand why it is the evacuation route but it would not be my first choice large number of locals+ all the tourists= gas stations drained dry quickly.

They have a bunch of highways that run north south, probably make better time and have a better chance at finding gas.

This is going to suck, especially as slow as it is moving. (last I checked)
edit on 7-9-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

I have found a source that has been my goto since I found it for the latest coverage. Its a news station out of Virginia doing the coverage, and they don't sit around and fear monger the crap out of this.. One of their meteorologists has kind of become a celebrity since Irma because he provides very good graphic models, and actually explains the situation in a calm and clear manner. It appears this guy is a straight shooter, has a vast array of knowledge and graphics to help explain exactly why Irma is what it is. His name is Tim Pandajis from 13News Now out of Virginia, and I figured I'd share the latest video that he has put out so you guys can get some better coverage.

I really liked the way that weatherman does what he does, I learned a few things just by watching. Who knew?

Thank you, that was really informative.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm south of Florida, Miami to be exact, so here's to hoping this isn't the way I go out. Hate that because my family has passed a bunch of destructive hurricanes, they're not taking evacuations and readiness seriously, meaning I have to stay put because they are.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

my dad and sister are riding it out in pasco county.

just remember that if you have to go into the attic take an axe or hatchet.

I understand the thinking, Andrew was a long long time ago.

Honestly at this point your better off hunkering down, getting stuck on the side of the road would not be good.

Best of luck to you and your family.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Hey, thank you for that...I really learned a lot through the non sensationalized way this meteorologist broke things down. SnF Appreciate it...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Human suffering Advocate, Wolf Blitzer of CNN just said that South Florida will be uninhabitable for a month.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Good luck...as the poster above said regarding an axe...if ya have an 18v-20v circular saw or sawzall they will be much quicker and efficient in cutting a roof hole thats easily manageable to move through.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

someone should send ol Wolf there then...just sayin

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Hope those folks evacuating from south florida have a car with great gas mileage, just talked with my dad in pasco county, he says the vast majority of the gas stations are dry.

If this thing does not stay just off the east coast of the state this could get ugly if other central and north florida counties are also short on gas.

We had a small panic here in NWFL early on in the track. Gas ran out pretty quick, and people were getting in fist fights over bottled water. I just came back from the gas station and they were fully stocked on water, so I grabbed a few extra packs just in case irma heads more west.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Nope this is climate change, and if this hurricane season was hurricane-less it would be climate change too.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Human suffering Advocate, Wolf Blitzer of CNN just said that South Florida will be uninhabitable for a month.

I cannot really vocalize how much the 24 hour news channels disgust me, their whipping everyone into a frenzy for every single storm is why we have so many hanging out on the beach with a potential monster just out to sea.

As far as I am concerned they are culpable for every death.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

yea my niece works in Winn Dixie she said it was weird one day they had fights in the aisle, the next day it was like nothing unusual was going on.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thank you for the link.

The mainstream media is getting burned out by so much hurricane coverage. Starting to get their facts wrong, exaggerate and make things up.

I feel like this guy gets it. He isn't fear mongering.. he is like a throwback to the classic meteorologists of yester-year, a time before Jim Cantore was like a movie star and was always hyping things up. Weather coverage has become too hollywood.

<<   2 >>

join