It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington DC’s role behind the scenes in Hollywood goes deeper than you think

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
A Massive conspiracy seems to be rolling along about how some U.S. Government agencies have been influencing movies and TV (and Radio) shows.

Big money involved as well as "advice".

Could it be that everything we see and hear from "media" is heavily controlled ?

The 1st Amendment say Congress shall make no laws infringing on speech and press.

But there's nothing about "freedom of influence" by government.

We know the "News and News-Entertainment" shows have question marks all over the place.

Is it possible we have been victims of a "silent" propaganda effort spanning decades?

Read some of astonishing information in this article !!

Washington DC’s role behind the scenes in Hollywood goes deeper than you think

The US government and Hollywood have always been close. Washington DC has long been a source of intriguing plots for filmmakers and LA has been a generous provider of glamour and glitz to the political class.

But just how dependant are these two centres of American influence? Scrutiny of previously hidden documents reveals that the answer is: very.

We can now show that the relationship between US national security and Hollywood is much deeper and more political than anyone has ever acknowledged.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The CIA is certainly heavily entrenched in Hollywood. I think they play the long game. Movies made in advance of upcoming social issues and planned events. Lends "legitimacy" to whatever the talking points are. Checking your link now.

edit on 3-9-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Of course, as this shouldn't be a secret to anyone, except to those who choose to stay wilfully ignorant and blind.

All major Influencial outlets have been infiltrated for the purpose of indoctrination. Movies, music, schools, news, advertising, video games, toys, etc.

And the biggest and most dangerous one of all, social media.

Don't be a shLeep!!

edit on 3-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

They definitely play the long game, because you can't brainwash over night. It takes generations of slow and steady indoctrination to desensitize and fully seep into the collective psyche.

What we see now is a product of generations.

Considering where we are now and the direction we are heading, the next generation will be interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Remember Obamacare?

There was an effort spearheaded by government to get every show to mention health care in some way as a propaganda effort.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a friend who watches these new soaps and they bring up themes and work it into their shows . I haven't sat down to watch and make notes but the material is there .

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This goes back at least to WW2 if not beyond.
Every movie was proceeded by a newsreel about the fighting in the Pacific or Europe.
Even when the Allies were losing those newsreels never made it sound that way.
Keeping morale high at home was directly tied to productivity for the war effort.
They might have learned a couple tricks since those days.
For instance how to make one ethnic group feel badly about their past and others enraged by what happened to their ancestors.
Always showing the extremes of the worst kind even though it may have been a historically small part.

Question: why are individuals chastised or losing jobs for using stereotypes but Hollywood makes billions from plastering them on the big screen?
edit on 3-9-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The CIA runs the mass media in the USA, particularly CNN.

You wonder why two boring people like Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper who both get low ratings are still anchors at CNN—one is likely a Mossad mole and the other a CIA agent.

Also, the Army, CIA and the MIC are very controlling of Hollywood. Try to get a war movie made and if its pro Army you get help if not you get nothing

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No, really? Super hero genre, fighting crime, terrorists, defending the flag and freedom.

Super soldier flicks, defending Freedom and Democracy, killing bad guys in foreign lands.

Super cops shows, detective shows, secret agents, ex military, police, CIA, everything between.

Can't hardly turn on the tv and scan the guide without seeing some flavor of war, crime, espionage, terrorism, etc.

So influential we are up to our necks and don't see it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Over here in the UK its a lot easier to spot the US biases, take NCIS for it to get access to such sites its pretty obvious that they'll have to toe the line and not show the US military in a bad light until they get nicked or shot dead.

If you want any form of military help you'll have to ensure that the military end up being seen in a good light and a military police sort of program would soon fail without their help.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Every movie was proceeded by a newsreel about the fighting in the Pacific or Europe.
Keeping morale high at home was directly tied to productivity for the war effort.
For instance how to make one ethnic group feel badly about their past and others enraged by what happened to their ancestors.
Always showing the extremes of the worst kind even though it may have been a historically small part.

Question: why are individuals chastised or losing jobs for using stereotypes but Hollywood makes billions from plastering them on the big screen?

Ever read Mein Kampf ?

By goodness , if people did they might realise just how very deeply entrenched people are in mass media-produced mind control by now .
If it was like that in 1910 in Germany , as Hitler described , there is no telling how much further on the manipulation machine is now , 100 years on .
And if it were not for sensibly militarily minded men in between times we would really be living in a pit of snakes as well.

Laws just or unjust may govern men's actions. Tyrannies may restrain or regulate their words. The machinery of propaganda may pack their minds with falsehood and deny them truth for many generations of time. But the soul of man thus held in trance or frozen in a long night can be awakened by a spark coming from God knows where and in a moment the whole structure of lies and oppression is on trial for its life. Winston Churchill

edit on 3-9-2017 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I doubt the intel services run the mainstream media. It would be too complicated for a start, and too expensive, as in the equivalent of a Manhattan Project running continuously in several different cities, 24/7.

But a few well-placed plants and easily-impressed journalists and editors, who can believe that their co-operation would assist national security (and, more to the point, might be rewarded with a few choice leaks somewhere down the line)?

That, I can easily believe. In fact, we know that it has definitely occurred in the past.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Because employees sign contracts with employers pre-employment.

"Hollywood makes billions," specifics? Are we talking Zach Snyder as a director? James Gunn? Are we talking screen-writers? Color-correctionists? Producers? Audio guys? Actors?

Of course modern media has biases/agenda. It's kind of the entire purpose of having entertainment... to entertain oneself with things they're inclined to like.

Don't like Hollyweird?

Don't watch movies. Pretty sure no one has ever forced me to watch a film with blatant propaganda that I haven't wanted to.

Remember American Sniper, Zero Dark Thirty, and all of the other war films that glamorize and sex-up the aspects of war?

Can't stand them. Clearly is filled with pro-MIC shillings. So - I don't watch them.

Really that simple. We live under capitalism. People (Hollyweird) can make whatever films they want.

Like I said there's undeniable agendas in many forms of entertainment.

But in my mind, if a fictional (even if it's "based on true events," it's still fictionally recreated) movie, newscast, video game, or whatever - can influence can "brainwash," one.... that's more on the individual than it is the one doing the brainwashing.

But then again, people are sheep-like and typically regurgitate what the TV or what society has to say so I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Scriptwriters always used current science predictions as inspiration for making movies. In the 1970's there was:

1. the fear that the earth would be turned into a wasteland due to nuclear war.
2. Scientists predicted there was going to be another ice age
3. pollution would turn the planet into a wasteland.
4. Government would rule countries by riot police
5. We would have to cull the human population
6. Humans begin exploration of outer space
7. UFO invasion
8. Human/machine merging

You can then match all of these to different sci-fi series and movies
(1) = Judge Dredd, Damnation Alley, Logan's Run
(5) = Logan's Run
(6) = Battlestar Galactica, Space 1999
(7) = UFO, Battle of the Worlds
(8) = Robocop/Cyberpunks

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
TV shows and movies have long been our primers for how to walk, how to talk, how to dress, what to buy, and what to think.

Millions of people around the world need go no further then their junk drawers, garage, or storage units, to see the result of subliminal programming on our psyche.

Ever woman knows that shampoo, that dress, or that pair of shoes, is not going to make her look like that super model being projected on the screen, but that doesn't stop them from spending their money on whatever items are being hocked at the moment. Not saying that men are any better. It is the same for any of their target audiences; preteens, teens, college kids, adults, even the elderly and toddlers.

From Virginia Slims, to Valley Girls, to SJWs, the media is always grooming the masses.

Hollywood has always been the great and powerful Oz that the government has controlled from behind the curtain for always.

(post by Diabolical1972 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I did notice that there wasn't a single gay scene in this entire season of Game of Thrones. Maybe Washington is having a change of heart?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I don't watch TV, but on Netflix, I've watch most of the episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I am certain that TPTB have made this aspect of the various Star Trek versions a vehicle for equating the masses with modern thought about a proper PC world. Every episode of that series is basically built on some aspect of being PC.

I am NOT saying that is a bad influence upon the herd, all I'm doing is agreeing with the OP about behind-the-scenes activities by our government to channel out behaviors along a desired path.

The biggest problem I sense is that if we as a nation become so soft in the PC approach to life and government that other nations, not so inclined, will walk right over us in any way they possibly can. --'Won't happen you say? I would hold up the eight years of Obama's administration as a perfect example of that weakness which continues within the very core of the Democratic party.

The Enterprise spread peace and goodwill of The Prime Directive where ever it roamed among the stars. Let us hope that the US government (and other decent governments) will always have enough weapons for backup security as did that idealized spaceship. Even The Prime Directive was voided at times when 'the other guy' wanted his way with the cosmos.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Even then thought it is carefully manipulated to achieve a politically correct affect.

You can fight bad guys in foreign lands, but if you are fighting in the Middle East, the bad guys are always morally ambiguous, full of shades of gray so that you are prompted to doubt good and bad. If the bad guys are Nazis, you are allowed to hate them all you want and there is no moral ambiguity about it, or very seldom and then it's often art house, not mass consumption.

Now ask yourself why it's so easy for people to hate a group when branded with the label Nazi in our regular culture today?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

That owes more to Gene Rodenberry's founding utopianism as set out in the original series, surely. Multi-ethnic crew, US TV's first inter-racial kiss, and so on and so forth. It would be more surprising if the various Trek spin-offs had headed in another direction that took them away from all the 'like to teach the world to sing'-type schmaltz.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join