It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discarded Banana Peel Causes Racial Hysteria at Ole Miss

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: projectvxn

It was a racist act. Read the article I linked.

These two incidents are not the same.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You there, on the left, at what point do you hang your head in shame at the silly things your side comes up with to be offended about? I also heard on Tucker last night that now Math, yes MATH, is "racist".

One thing is for sure, they should stay away from banana farms, there are multiple bananas in those trees.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So the student is definitely a racist?
I, too, have eaten a banana and tossed the peel. Does that make me racist too?

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What rocks do these people crawl out from under? You really have to be looking for something to offend you if you think a banana peel in a tree is offensive. Furthermore, only a racist would relate a banana to a black, and/or a tree which tells me these three black students are racist. In fact, if they knew they were being referred to as black instead of African American then they'd probably cry racist, too.

link   

LOL!!! Can't believe there was even a discussion about this.

What happens when tgey see another Mississippian leave a watermelon on their porch? A lot of people do that to let them ripen there.

Seriously unbelievable....and I lived in MS for 10 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

How are these students going to survive in the real world if they are driven to tears over something like this?

They won't. this is how TPTB is preparing for depopulation..

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
God help them if the banana peel landed on a Robert E. Lee statue, instead of the tree.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So banana peels represent Black people now?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't even know why I'm bothering. This is a thread for right-wingers to dismiss the existence of racism while one of their peers says some racist bull# and they're all either in agreement or too lacking in character to call him out for it.

Ole Miss has a long history of racist incidents which shouldn't be all that surprising, considering it's in Mississippi. Here's a frat boy pleading guilty last year to hanging a noose around a statue of James Meredith, the first black student at Ole Miss who went on to be a USAF veteran and prominent figure in the Civil Rights movement.

Former Ole Miss student pleads guilty to hanging noose around statue honoring the first black student

BRO?! Why are they so sensitive BRO?! They're just going to "remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back" anyway? Amirite bros?

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: trollz

They won't. They'll remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back.

Yeah, they're so silly to be offended by a banana peel because clearly there are no racists spouting racist # in the world.

Hysterical over reactions to completely nonracist things, such as a banana peel, only serve to dilute the public's support when real racist things happen. It's the Boy Who Cried Wolf, y'all!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It's time to outlaw bananas and banana-eating on every campus.

Ole Miss is getting more and more PC so don't be surprised if they do. They no longer have Johnny Reb as their mascot because the furry cartoon looking guy was too intimidating ans scary. I used to say that jealous people were the most prone to do something insane without thinking, but that has slowly shifted over to these easily offended hypersensitive people.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah, they're so silly to be offended by a banana peel because clearly there are no racists spouting racist # in the world.

I think people have been whipped up into a frenzy over things that would not normally be viewed as racism if social and national media weren't blowing it out of proportion.

You have people seeing apparitions of Nazis and Klansman behind every bush and tree.

And you're blind...

Historically, "Ape like" imagery associated with black people 'isn't racist', got it. The use of bananas to compare them to apes is old, too.

link   
#BananasLivesMatter...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 31-8-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap formatting

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I don't even know why I'm bothering. This is a thread for right-wingers to dismiss the existence of racism while one of their peers says some racist bull# and they're all either in agreement or too lacking in character to call him out for it.

Ole Miss has a long history of racist incidents which shouldn't be all that surprising, considering it's in Mississippi. Here's a frat boy pleading guilty last year to hanging a noose around a statue of James Meredith, the first black student at Ole Miss who went on to be a USAF veteran and prominent figure in the Civil Rights movement.

Former Ole Miss student pleads guilty to hanging noose around statue honoring the first black student

BRO?! Why are they so sensitive BRO?! They're just going to "remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back" anyway? Amirite bros?

A banana peel confirms the existence of racism, and is comparable to an actual noose.

More at 11.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ok. So after reading the article I see the problem. Let's review.

She said the image was especially disturbing in light of an incident on American University’s campus in May of this year. The morning Taylor Dumpson was to take over as the school’s first female black student government president, students found bananas hanging from nooses across campus. Some of the bananas were inscribed with references to Dumpson’s sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha.

So at that University, there was an incident involving some asshats hanging bananas from nooses.

Now this news is starting to make some sense.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You're ridiculous lol they are complete snowflakes and if they are triggered by a banana peel they deserve to get made fun of.

link   

So the student is definitely a racist?
I, too, have eaten a banana and tossed the peel. Does that make me racist too?

I note you left out the historical racist reference associating bananas with black people in your OP. Thats why I brought the link about it last page. But go ahead and 'dummy up' now.

What huh, eating a banana isn't racist, leaving a peel in front of a black frat house, 'dangling from a tree', is.

link   
You cant fix stupid.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Banana peel racism is a slippery slope...It must be stamped out.

Yeah, not hung out to dry

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's hard for me to take you seriously when you can't even bring yourself to call out overt racism in this thread. You care about real racist things? Here you go:

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

How are these students going to survive in the real world if they are driven to tears over something like this?

They won't. They'll remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back.

Now's your chance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join