It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Chat thread.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hawks " the Pack. What a game. I love defensive football. As a Niners fan I'm supposed to hate bot teams but I don't. The Hawks were actually my AFC team way way back.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, so far, my picks are 5-4.... Less than stellar.. Looks like I am going to break about even this week.
edit on 10-9-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I wish I had more time right now, but I did climb off my roof and watch my LIONS win.....

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Hawks " the Pack. What a game. I love defensive football. As a Niners fan I'm supposed to hate bot teams but I don't. The Hawks were actually my AFC team way way back.

Mike Daniels was a beast. Rodgers did get sacked 4 times in the first half though. Not good.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I would have preferred a differing result...

Oh, well, I wasn't expecting much of a different result. At least it wasn't "We want the ball, and we're going to score.".

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Seattle's problem is that they have a really good QB who can't show how good he is because they don't protect him. Seattle seems to think he doesn't need a line between him and the defense. Shame too. Wilson is pretty good now. Imagine what he might be with a proper O-Line.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, most every fan, or fanatic ((((ME!!)))), figured that out long ago. It looked like we might have begun to sort it out a bit during pre-season, left tackle was looking pretty darn good, and the others looked to be jelling fairly well, too...then Fant, that left tackle I just mentioned, got his knee wrecked, and well, we're back to where we were last year.

We have a generational talent at QB, and the cheapest O-line in football. I'm fairly sure some college teams pay their O-line more...

At least the defense looks to be world beaters again... Early days yet, though.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Believe me, if it weren't for the fact that I can't stand Pete Carroll, I'd love to see what Wilson could do with a target like Tyler Lockett. He can flat-out out run most defenders and his route running is darn near perfect and he can catch just about anything that gets near him ...

But he needs a QB who has time to throw it to him.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

He's got one. What he needs is the line to give him that time. Wilson has proven that when he has the time, he's as good as anyone.

What they need to do is move the pocket, take advantage of his escape skills...so that he can use them with deliberation, not desperation. He's got the receivers, he's got the backs who are good enough to at least keep defenses honest. Unless this line starts jelling, and quickly, it's going to be a miracle if Wilson survives the season intact.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Is WIlson still in his rookie contract?

If he isn't, what on earth did they promise him to put up with no protection? He seems like a decent enough kid. Surely other teams would be interested.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

If they let him get away I'd wager the fans would tear the stadium down.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Not even close. But he's under team control at a very reasonable price, as these things go, for two more years, maybe three.

Trust me, we're all asking the same bloody question...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

...and not even figuratively, I think.

Oh, the poostorm that would erupt would be...hmm...extreme.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I see Bradford is out for Sundays game against the Steelers. There goes my pick.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Boy, this week is crazy!! Eighty percent of the games are going the opposite direction of what most of us thought.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That was some more BS that got pulled on the Lions. Maybe it was a touchdown, maybe it wasn't.... but a 10 second clock runoff with 8 seconds left and the ball at the 1/2 foot line? c'mon.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Boy, this week is crazy!! Eighty percent of the games are going the opposite direction of what most of us thought.

Seems the whole year is going that way. Tried something different this week and I got my first Thurs night game right.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Watching the draft I see a lot of poor teams getting better. Good teams holding their own. Last year was difficult to call. This year will be even worse I think. That said I don't see an AFC team winning the SB, maybe for a lot of years. Like the 80's and 90's.

www.espn.com...

16 straight SB's.

I mean if these teams are smart and patient they can keep the AFC shut out again:

Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Rams
Eagles
Vikings

Factoring in injuries and possible suspensions(it the new norm) any of those teams can win the SB this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join