It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US Gun Associations to Join:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
For your consideration:

Here are some lesser know gun organizations:

1. Redneck Revolt and John Brown Gun Club

According to Dave Strano, one of the founders of Redneck Revolt, the John Brown Gun Club was founded in the aughts to offer gun training to “the radical community and also to distribute free anti-racist literature at gun shows in Kansas and Missouri.”

2. Pink Pistols

The Pink Pistols membership got massive bumps on the heels of two recent national events: the massacre of 49 people at LGBT nightclub Pulse in Miami, and the election of Donald Trump.

3. National African American Gun Association

Like other groups on this list, the National African American Gun Association saw its membership soar after Trump’s election; the organization’s numbers doubled to 14,000 after November 8. P

4. Liberal Gun Club

Lara Smith, the spokesperson for the Liberal Gun Club, says the group’s membership jumped “well over” 10 percent after Trump took the White House. “There is suddenly a significant uptick in the number of liberals realizing that we may, in fact, have a tyrannical government on our hands and the Second Amendment protects them too,” Smith said in an interview.

5. Huey P. Newton Gun Club

Last year, the Bureau of American Islamic Relations—a deceptively named group of Islamophobes—staged a protest outside of a Dallas mosque. There to counter them were members of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, named for the legendary Black Panthers co-founder.

6. Black Guns Matter

Maj Toure is a politically conservative African American who started Black Guns Matter because of anti-black police violence.

And to add a history lesson on 'gun control' in the US:

That’s what happened in the late 1960s when the Black Panther Party for Self Defense started patrolling Oakland’s black neighborhoods while openly carrying guns, which was perfectly legal according to California law. It took only a few months of that for the state legislature to draft the Mulford Act, aimed at ending open carry in the state. After 24 Panthers showed up at the state Capitol armed to the teeth to protest the bill, Gov. Ronald Reagan couldn’t sign it fast enough.

www.alternet.org...

The author of this article has an interesting approach to gun regulation:

I have a theory that the quickest way to get legislative gun control in this country would be to start a movement that successfully convinces millions of black folks to join the NRA. I’m not pro-gun, I just know that a gun rights movement fueled largely by white fright would suddenly see the logic in gun restrictions if more people that didn’t look like them carried firearms.

I think he is on to something here - you want the wild west ...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Nothing is keeping AA's from joining now.

I have a theory that the quickest way to get legislative gun control in this country would be to start a movement that successfully convinces millions of black folks to join the NRA.

I think he is on to something here - you want the wild west ...

Well...that's not very nice of you two. Wanting to use a race of folks for your own means?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Firearms manufactures must be loving this. They are, after all, the bottom rung of the military industrial complex.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

AA's can't open carry tho. ask YouTube

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Back in the '90s I occasionally hung out with a Grrrrrl grunge band. A friend of the band had been murdered, which shocked and alarmed the grunge community. So the bass player asked me to accompany her to a gun store.

Her hair was half turquoise and half orange that day as she walked ahead of me into the gun store. The reaction of the clerks was something to behold! Mostly confusion and just a bit of fear.

They relaxed once I started talking about the pros and cons of the various models. I personally recommend double action revolvers over auto pistols for safety and reliability and readiness for action.

Smith and Wesson Lady Smith in .38 caliber. That's the one I recommended. She didn't buy it that day though.

Now days gun retailers are used to a more diverse clientele than what was the norm in the '80s & '90s.

edit on 27-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
LOL... anti gunners must not have figured out that people spending their own money to legally own guns turns them into pro gunners real quick. This is self inflicted damage to anti gunners.

The more americans that have guns in this country the more secure the RKBA is in the end.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

That reminds me, I need to buy a new pellet rifle. I find that is the best way to take someone who has never fired a gun to work on safety and aiming basics then transition up to a Henry 22.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

apparently he didn't pay much attention to the dallas sniper shooting. there were many black U.S. citizens carrying weapons openly. some were long guns, you know the black scary kind. 👹👹👹
edit on 27-8-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

'The Pulse' nightclub is/was in Orlando but who needs actual "facts"?

Some folks would continue to read it after "oh that is alright, just a mistake, honest mistake.."
Some would wonder what else is incorrect?
Some would opine it is okay because it is kinda how I think...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

you can buy some 22lr colibris and have the same effect

just make sure you get the rifle ones.

something to look into.

Airguns are great though. Only problem i have with them is a decent one costs as much as a real gun and they are a royal pain to work on compared to real firearms.

still i like them. grew up on airguns and my kids will as well. the pistols make really good for practice and training.

Shot a buddies 454 casull a couple days ago. Not bad. Pretty easy to control.

personally i hate teaching new people to shoot. I give them snap caps and practice safe handling and when they do shoot I give them one bullet at a time. i dont do it very often and typically recommend they find an instructor and take a lesson. You just never know how people are going to react when new shooters get that nervous reaction.

for myself i always had a somewhat natural comfort with firearms. I read everything i could get my hands on before i started though.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I find that "ting" of a pellet gun to be a reassuring sound rather than the violent explosion of gunpowder to a new shooter. Especially when overcoming the indoctrination of scary guns. I used to go for the Daisy Old Pal BB gun route as it is the same mechanics for going to the level action 22, but found that the increased accuracy of pellets to be more rewarding in the end.

But more target shooters and gun owners means more people to understand why it isn't an evil activity.

top topics

join