It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests and Breaking News - USA- LIVE - 08/26/17

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This stream has been bouncing around today's protests from different cities.
LIve stream here.(Will add more streams if possible)

edit on 26-8-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Aug 26 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Where is this one that's live now? Greenville, SC? The meeting he is talking about has a video on their Facebook page.

That's pretty confusing. I don't think these people are really what they self-describe themselves. If you look at the South Carolina Secessionist Party website, they're not actually secessionists or a political party. And what kind of actual black nationalist would be interesting in community building with white people?

If they're going to go through the trouble of labeling themselves, they could try using accurate labels ffs.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The current one is Knoxville.

When it changes, the city is listed in the bottom center of the video, in rather small print.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Okay, now it's a Knoxville stream. That's what I was looking for. Trad Workers were supposed to be there along with the organizing group which I'd never heard of, Confederate 28. Looks like the protest crowd is everyday folks. I don't see any Antifa. Interesting to see what's on the other side.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Okay, now it's a Knoxville stream. That's what I was looking for. Trad Workers were supposed to be there along with the organizing group which I'd never heard of, Confederate 28. Looks like the protest crowd is everyday folks. I don't see any Antifa. Interesting to see what's on the other side.

Wait until night falls. Then they will show up I bet.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yep, saw it. This looks like it'll be peaceful. They're on different sides of the street with a couple of barriers and a line of cops in between. Doesn't look like anyone is geared up for fighting either.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Good way to dilute greivances to real issues.

Pay actors to start new ones daily.

Neo-nazis?

Jfc really?

We got an isis crisis, their putting ebola in the granola, ignore your quality of life.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The Union didn't help pay for it. The monument was put up in 1914 by the Daughters of the Confederacy.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Damn shame they have to do all that to keep people civil. I'm glad the police have been allowed to do their job correctly though.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Current stream is Greenville.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Now Knoxville.....changes to fast.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Okay so "Confederate 28" has apparently arrived at the monument in Knoxville. That's what the shouts of "Tom Pierce go home" were about.

From Knoxville News Sentinel:

Confederate 28 affiliates itself with the United Kingdom-based skinhead gang Blood and Honour. The stateside group marked its return from a five-year hiatus in June by passing out stickers at a soccer game in Indiana and protesting a gay pride parade in Tennessee, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The local chapter of Confederate 28 is also affiliated with the mostly-defunct white supremacist group the South Knox Ten Milers, which is headed by former Knox County Commission candidate Tom Pierce. The group reposted Hicks' petition to save the monument.

Confederate 28 may be joined by members of the white supremacist forum Stormfront, according to posts within the forum.

Here's Tom Pierce. He's apparently also associated with League of the South, a neo-Confederate group that participated in UTR (black cross on white background is their logo/emblem):

Here's Tom Pierce (left) with Matt Heimbach (2nd from right), leader of Trad Workers (neo-Nazi) and somebody from the League of the South:

Trad Workers, NSM and League of the South are the biggest groups in the "Nationalist Front."

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why? If Antifa was coming, they'd almost certainly be there when the neo-Nazis were there. This isn't a nighttime event.

Or perhaps Antifa shows up at night like the boogeyman?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why? If Antifa was coming, they'd almost certainly be there when the neo-Nazis were there. This isn't a nighttime event.

Or perhaps Antifa shows up at night like the boogeyman?

Because they are so brave they not only cover their faces but like to use the dark of night to cover their actions and hide from authorities. That is when the trouble will begin, later in the afternoon, around dusk. It is SOP for that group.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
LIVE: Freedom of Speech San Francisco URGENT Press Conference with Patriot Prayer's Joey Gibson

Update live stream

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Also here stream #2

LIVE Stream: Left Wing Protest in San Francisco, California (8-26-17) | August 26, 201

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
stream #3

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The organizers, the signmaking, the transportation, the advertising, the stages/microphones/sound techs, the streams, the donations, the websites, the business designations (INC, LLC, NFP, NP)... there is now an entire industry around protesting.

Protest is a product.

We have commodified and commercialized grievance. I'm not sure what is worse, the industry or the consumers.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
"We have commodified and commercialized grievance. I'm not sure what is worse, the industry or the consumers."

Me either.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

That may just be the best protest-related comment I've ever read.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join