It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devolution of man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
OK, let’s get real.

It used to be that if you did not know what gender you are then you went into a nice little place called an asylum and they helped you to figure yourself out. There is no such thing as a pangender. You can physically be one or the other not many different ones, however mentally you can be whatever you want and that is where YOU may need help so don’t bring anyone else into your mental problems.

You had respect for everyone unless they specifically did something to get that taken away and pretending to be one of the most hated icons in the world a Nazi means you deserve no respect.

I am a white man and I have never to this day met another white person that thought they were better or more worthy then any person of color, as a matter of fact in all the conversations I have had in my entire life I have never had another white person even suggest that. I only ever see it perceived in the media. We are all brothers and sisters and if you look far enough down the genetic line you will see that we are all related somehow.

Sure the slaves where an atrocity perpetrated by white (and yes colored man as well) in America and England but nowhere near the atrocities that were committed by people of their own race in their own lands of Africa, as a matter of fact if they had not been brought to the shores of England and America then most of their family lines would have died a long time ago in the genocides that that country has and does see.

I was absolutely sickened when the Mosul Museum was destroyed in Iraq and now I am just as appalled at the destruction of historical American artefacts, this does not make the past have not happened it just opens us up to making the same mistakes if we forget the old ones.

Most of the problems in the world seem to be created by the media so please do not believe all of which you read as a matter of fact go out and meet some of your neighbours you may find some new friends and people that are nothing like the news would like you to believe.

Leave hate to the news outlets and try to be better to your fellow man, learn tolerance and acceptance.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I am a white man and I have never to this day met another white person that thought they were better or more worthy then any person of color, as a matter of fact in all the conversations I have had in my entire life I have never had another white person even suggest that. I only ever see it perceived in the media.

WOW, just, WOW

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sakrateri

Actually all cultures part of our history experienced this.

Have you ever heard of a Eunuch? That's an example in many ancient cultures.

If I'm not mistaken, the current argument is how we curtail to it. What you're presenting is the question of is it new. It's not.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

as a matter of fact if they had not been brought to the shores of England and America then most of their family lines would have died a long time ago in the genocides that that country has and does see.

As a matter of fact? Of fact? If it was a fact, then the continent would be pretty much empty wouldn't it?

edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 23 Aug 2017 01:29:37 -0500Wed, 23 Aug 2017 01:29:37 -050017082017-08-23T01:29:37-05:00100000029 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Wow, this anti-racist thread is pretty racist.

Weird.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Actually all cultures part of our history experienced this.

Have you ever heard of a Eunuch? That's an example in many ancient cultures.

Eunuch´s were castrated males. Some of them were castrated from their child years, some were castrated as a penalty, for some jobs, it was necessary.

It´s not compareable to the current transgender move, it´s something totally different.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
[qu

I am a white man and I have never to this day met another white person that thought they were better or more worthy then any person of color, as a matter of fact in all the conversations I have had in my entire life I have never had another white person even suggest that. I only ever see it perceived in the media.

You gotta be kidding? You think it's made up, fake news?
It's more real than you think

I'm a white female and I've heard it by plenty of white men, its very common. They might not say it in front of a big crowd, but in private it comes out.
edit on 23-8-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I care, but i'm tired of caring while endlessly watching others give zero #s. It's trying to say the least. Things wont change until people do, and i hope it's within my lifetime.
edit on 23-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I am a white man and I have never to this day met another white person that thought they were better or more worthy then any person of color,

dont get out much do you ?

hey your own little safe space // echo chamber may be devoid of cockwombles - but out here in the real world we are up to our ankles in them

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It´s a thing, definitly. The question is, what´s the reason? Is it general hatred / feeling of superior, is it because that demographic did harm to the one once?

I for myself always try to think of the reason, when someone does something stupid in my eyes. What led up to the point? That does not mean I aproof it but I try to understand.

For example bullies. The overall % of bullies (not only in school, later on too) only gave forward what they learned is "normal". Physical strenght equals power. Or they are sadistic pieces of # from the beginning.

We are all a projection of our surroundings, to some extend. Someone who had no father/mother or extremly bad experiences with them, probably won´t see the own value to their own childs, being a good father/mother. I can give real life examples here.

Is that person to blame, despite knowing how it is NOT to have a caring father/mother. Can we expect that person to learn that afterwards or will it be uncomprehensible to them forever? Shouldn´t he/she be a better example, to make a change? But how could he/she know? Yes there is the media, portraying the happy family picture, so there´s that.

On the contrary:

It´s like, if you got beaten up (not a slap on the ass, really beaten up) as a child, is it okay to (no it´s not!) beat your own child the way you got beaten? Because you´re just handing it down? Of course not.

At the end, my conclusion is the following:
In each of the scenarios, the person in question knows very well what´s right and wrong. The fatherless knows that other kids had a better youth. The beating parent knows how it hurts, because they experienced it. It has to be. They just don´t care to care and that´s where I (try to) get back to my original point.

The ones thinking that they are superior because of their skin, religion OR POLITICAL SIDE (hello left), in my experience, failed to form their own identity, thus they need a preset standard to adhere to. Instead of making up their own mind they adopt visual markers (like the "typical" NEOnazi, Antifa etc) and the train of thoughts that is gladly overtaken, because, it´s pre-thought, so no need to act/think/get active.

That could be fascism, extreme forms of religions, basically everything.

And that, my fellow reader, is something that happens now, in first world countries worldwide, with the liberal/left, because most bring their FEELINGS to a debate. I´m neither right wing or left. I consider myself partly liberal-conservative (IT`S A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT THING IN EUROPE, inform yourself before you jump at me, right/left wing side).

edit on 23-8-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Gender identity crisis classification is a "mental problem"? That's a pretty insulting derogatory inference. What if it was you or your brother, sister or best friend?

You'd tell them they have "mental problems"? Yes, I got what you're trying to get across.. but you should perhaps rephrase that... IMO.

Best
edit on 23-8-2017 by mysterioustranger because: Edit

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
I wrote this here and there in similar topics over the years:

My niche is attracted to women, she´s on this board, too but mostly lurking. She knows it´s not the norm (it isn´t) and she even says herself it´s unnatural. She even jokes about her being "defect" sometimes. There´s nothing wrong acknowledging something that is reality. She´s not shy describing herself that way. Because she´s in touch with reality and knows that being homosexual is not the norm and thus something is off with her.

Not wrong, but off.

And now my opinion, although gender related:
If you think you are a women while having a penis and vice versa, something misfired and you have either a physical or mental problem. There is nothing to shame about! I´m not advocating the point of a "disease" or "fixing the problem" and such nonsense.

Those people are just like you and me when it comes to human rights.

But consider this:

In itself, it´s rather insulting against people with mental problems to make the sentence "you have mental problems then" an insult. Think about that. And that´s what I think about this, bunch of hypocrites.

"How dare you say I have mental problems, I´m not one of those" -> direct insult against people with mental health problems. If we start the political correctness #, let´s do it 100% please.
edit on 23-8-2017 by verschickter because: whoops, forgot to close the bold tag

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What about people who are born with both genital parts? Google it. Do we just execute them under some right wing abomination law?

The heart wants what the heart wants. I say what other people do is there business. My grandmother used to say, "people should mind their own business." It's really good advice.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Gender identity crisis classification is a "mental problem"? That's a pretty insulting derogatory inference. What if it was you or your brother, sister or best friend?

You'd tell them they have "mental problems"? Yes, I got what you're trying to get across.. but you should perhaps rephrase that... IMO.

Best

The guy across the street from me was a hardcore Republican until his daughter became a lesbian. Divine justice.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
So a divine being served justice by making his daughter lesbian?

Or what do you want to say?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sakrateri
OK, let’s get real.

It used to be that if you did not know what gender you are then you went into a nice little place called an asylum and they helped you to figure yourself out. There is no such thing as a pangender. You can physically be one or the other not many different ones, however mentally you can be whatever you want and that is where YOU may need help so don’t bring anyone else into your mental problems.

For people who are trans, they actually have physiological similarities to the gender they identify with at a neurological level.

A woman whom identifies themselves as a male actually has a brain that more closely resembles a male.

The same goes for a man whom identified as a woman. Their brains are physically feminine.

I am a white man and I have never to this day met another white person that thought they were better or more worthy then any person of color, as a matter of fact in all the conversations I have had in my entire life I have never had another white person even suggest that. I only ever see it perceived in the media. We are all brothers and sisters and if you look far enough down the genetic line you will see that we are all related somehow.

I've worked for and with white people who did feel like they were superior to other ethnicities.

That's the thing about subjective observation, it doesn't show the full story.

Sure the slaves where an atrocity perpetrated by white (and yes colored man as well) in America and England but nowhere near the atrocities that were committed by people of their own race in their own lands of Africa, as a matter of fact if they had not been brought to the shores of England and America then most of their family lines would have died a long time ago in the genocides that that country has and does see.

Speculation to prove a point? That's a pretty weak argument.

Most of the problems in the world seem to be created by the media so please do not believe all of which you read as a matter of fact go out and meet some of your neighbours you may find some new friends and people that are nothing like the news would like you to believe.

Leave hate to the news outlets and try to be better to your fellow man, learn tolerance and acceptance.

Unless they identify as another gender, then we can go on hating them, right?

Your logic is flawed
edit on 23/8/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Well, yes:

Gender Dysphoria

Gender dysphoria occurs when there is a persistent sense of mismatch between one’s experienced gender and assigned gender.

Definition

Gender dysphoria (formerly gender identity disorder) is defined by strong, persistent feelings of identification with the opposite gender and discomfort with one's own assigned sex that results in significant distress or impairment. People with gender dysphoria desire to live as members of the opposite sex and often dress and use mannerisms associated with the other gender. For instance, a person identified as a boy may feel and act like a girl. This incongruence causes significant distress, and this distress is not limited to a desire to simply be of the other gender, but may include a desire to be of an alternative gender.

Psychology Today

Why should the OP rephrase what was said, just based on the appeal-to-emotion logical fallacy? I'm not trying to continue a derailment of the thread, here, but there is no need to complain about how something is said simply because it might hurt the feelings of an imaginary person in an imaginary scenario.

Gender Dysphoria is a recognized mental disorder--there's no need to beat around the bush about that reality.

And to the OP: You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Was it Dick Cheney?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Well, yes:

Gender Dysphoria

Gender dysphoria occurs when there is a persistent sense of mismatch between one’s experienced gender and assigned gender.

Definition

Gender dysphoria (formerly gender identity disorder) is defined by strong, persistent feelings of identification with the opposite gender and discomfort with one's own assigned sex that results in significant distress or impairment. People with gender dysphoria desire to live as members of the opposite sex and often dress and use mannerisms associated with the other gender. For instance, a person identified as a boy may feel and act like a girl. This incongruence causes significant distress, and this distress is not limited to a desire to simply be of the other gender, but may include a desire to be of an alternative gender.

Psychology Today

Why should the OP rephrase what was said, just based on the appeal-to-emotion logical fallacy? I'm not trying to continue a derailment of the thread, here, but there is no need to complain about how something is said simply because it might hurt the feelings of an imaginary person in an imaginary scenario.

Gender Dysphoria is a recognized mental disorder--there's no need to beat around the bush about that reality.

And to the OP: You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Perhaps you should learn the terminology before trying to argue this point.

Gender dysphoria is only when a person is experiencing distress regarding their gender identity, it is not the experience of feeling like they are a gender other than their assigned gender.

For instance, not all transgender or pangender people have gender dysphoria. Again, it's only the state of distress that causes dysphoria.

If someone is feeling distressed by their gender identity, then of course they should see a psychologist or therapist for help releasing that distress.

They should NOT go to a psychologist or therapist simply because they identify as a different gender as It has perfectly natural biological ties, and isn't pure psychological issues.

The more you know...
edit on 23/8/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Things wont change until people do, and i hope it's within my lifetime.

you are a person, right?

Things wont change unless people change, its true.

However, its almost a crime to say this and not realize what it means.

If you want to see things change its starts from within.

The people that need to see change to change things are the ones saying others need to change when in fact the only real change can be done to themselves, then they will see the changes in the world when they change themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join