It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Aquarium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I've had tanks for most of my life. Love them. Look at them for hours. This tank is the best one I've cultivated. The water is pristine. Just got my test kit and the water could be better but you would need magic to get it there. That good. Live plants help. It's a 29 gallon tank. I'm keeping "sharks". Red tails, Balas, ID's, Appolos. Also Catfish, Gouramis, White Clouds, Mollys, Rams, Penguins, an Angel, a Loach and a Siamese Algae Eater. The glass is as clean as the water. I keep the water temp closer to 80F to keep them active. I can still watch them for hours.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
(I just edited this, why did it double post?)
edit on 22-8-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
cool, i'm planning on building a very large dry tank for a couple poisonous snakes. I can keep them as long as there indigenous to my area. Was wanting to catch an eastern diamondback, but they get so big they could break the glass if they struck. So probably a timber or a couple copperheads.
edit on 22-8-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

If its a dry tank, use plexi-glass. Then you wont have to worry about them striking and breaking the glass.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
All my fish are mean, they drink all my beer and have a nasty addiction to L5D =(.

We have an outdoor pond too and they are so much nicer, we have turtles, frogs, big gold fish, some sort of catfish looking thing and a water snake.
edit on 22-8-2017 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues Was wanting to catch an eastern diamondback, but they get so big they could break the glass if they struck.

They can break a man's leg. Seen it.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Very nice Aqurepid, oops: Intrepid.

Another pic with some of the varieties would be nice.

Since nobody has called you on the penguins yet, had to go a searchin'.
Thankfully found a member of the Tetra family, called the Penguin Tetra.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
dont know how to post photos but i have 8 tanks 5 of which that are in use currently, 180gallon tank with pretty much a little bit of everything in it ,2 75 gallon tanks w ciclids from south america, a 55 gallon with mixed ciclids and angel fish (breeding electric blue jack Dempsey) 47 gallon tank where i breed guppies of all types and colors, and 3 empty 10 gallon tanks i use as hospital/isolation/breeding tanks when required . had no idea how much effort went into maintaining them when i got into fish about a year ago but now its mostly down to routine

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I love white clouds...such a cool little school fish. Sounds like a really fun project. Watch out when those Bala sharks get bigger...they'll terrorize the tank.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I am reef keeper. 1500l tank. Again.. can't post pic for dome reason

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Another pic with some of the varieties would be nice.

OK:

edit on 23-8-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Awesome! I used to have five tanks of various sizes, but I've dropped back to just one 55 gallon tank now. Mainly various tetras in it. If I remember, I'll take a photo of it tonight and post it tomorrow. I may add a second tank at some point, but I keep talking myself out of it. I wouldn't mind digging out a small pond in the backyard at some point.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Lovely. I've always wanted one but hear they are a lot of trouble and will "nickel and dime" you to death. How old is your oldest fish? Do they drop like flies?

But yours is beautiful.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Once set up properly it costs little to maintain. I just started this one 4 months ago so the fish are young. I've only lost 2 fish. One to aggression and another when I was in the hospital and forgot to tell my daughter about it's eating requirements.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What are those fish in that last pict?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Dinner...

originally posted by: angeldoll

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Rams.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Getting better with the phone:

Well, I got 6 species with that one. The Rams on the left. Loach next with a Dalmatian Molly above it. On the right Apollo and Red Tail sharks with a Gourami on top.
edit on 23-8-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Beautiful! I just love fish! It is so peaceful having tanks, decorating them and filling them with lovely fish. Thanks for sharing your pics!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Lovely. I've always wanted one but hear they are a lot of trouble and will "nickel and dime" you to death. How old is your oldest fish? Do they drop like flies?

But yours is beautiful.

Once you have the hang of tank maintenance, fish will live surprisingly long. There are a few fish in my current setup that are several years old. You have to know which types of fish will get along with each other, but honestly, as long as you have that down, and keep up with tank maintenance, it's relatively easy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join