It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More On DU (Two Graphic Images Linked)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Awesome posts and thread, one flag and stars scattered liberally. Such a shame you got called on the part about the US being the only ones still using it... I was thinking, no, surely the UK does too... and then you got unfairly flamed for one assumption in an otherwise airtight thread.

Mind you, that's what ATS is about.

It's an important issue that is continually swept under the rug. The attempts at debunking have been swatted away by yourself and other good folk.

I didn't need to look at any of the pictures... I've seen enough of them already. What the military medic said bears out everything people like Rokke have been saying for years.

Those who would deny this are refusing to face reality. And have their science wrong, hee hee.

I loved that comment about "what does DU have to do with Agent Orange?" There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Edited to add: DU (like fluoride) is a harmful substance that's a by-product of the nuclear industry. I used to work for EDF, who have the contract from the UK government to build new nuclear reactors here. A rather interesting incident occurred during training that I recount in this thread:

a little light corporate disinfo

The reasoning behind EDF's assertion that "nuclear power is renewable" is every bit, if not more entertaining, than some of the bunk we've seen here.

I thought I'd link it as another example of self-serving BS in the nuclear industry. These are, after all, the people who produce DU and who have, somehow, to dispose of it.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by rich23]

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
DU is not a radiation hazard.

I stopped reading your post right there. If you are going to contribute to this thread, for god's sake, at least humor us a little and do some research. I have provided a wealth of documents and other information here, for that purpose. Yes DU is a radiation hazard. Yes it can particulate and can be breathed in to your lung tissue. I'm sorry man, your entire post is complete bunk.

lol
i'm a bit more tolerant

i stopped reading when he claimed it's been in use 2000 yrs:shk:

either he doesn't know the difference between DU and ordinary uranium [or what he's talking about, for that matter]

or we should try be kind to him, as he is suffering from brain cancer
or radioactively induced senility

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DerepentLEstranger

I think it's just a case of minimization, we caught so much international flack from using it as projectiles that they spent a lot of time and effort suppressing the information and minimalizing the dangers to save face.

Source
Minimisation is a type of deception involving denial coupled with rationalisation in situations where complete denial is implausible. It is the opposite of exaggeration. Minimization—downplaying the significance of an event or emotion—is a common strategy in dealing with feelings of guilt.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join