It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didn't believe MSM and now I am blind.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well they told me not to look but I don't believe fake news and now I am blind!
Only kidding of course, the eclipse was one of the biggest let downs, I am north of San Francisco and it was so overcast that I wouldn't have known anything was amiss if it wasn't for the news hyping this thing up. It didn't even get dark, did it even happen, I am sure, but not for meeeeeee!

Well back to business at hand.

Anyone else letdown yet?
edit on 21-8-2017 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Looking at the map it looks like only the northern part of California would be able to see it and even then it would only be partial given the path of the total eclipse runs north of the state.
edit on 8/21/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What a bummer!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

You have to watch the Eclipse on the MSM so you can find out what's in it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Sonoma Coma?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I thought you have to stare at the eclipse for a long while to burn your retinas? I saw a clip of the event and it looked just like in Heroes minus the super powers of course. The portal to hell did not open and no motherships decloaked. Bummer.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Bummer that it was cloudy for you. For the rest of us, we saw Nibiru swing past and damn near hit us. Sorry you missed it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was in NYC battery park day drinking and it was great. No real cloud problems and I scored a seat with my girlfriend on a couple Adirondacks facing the Hudson by a kiosk selling booze. It was fun.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

In So Cali, I couldn't really tell. The marine layer had burned off, much earlier than I expected, but the sky just looked a little off, here. At least to the naked eye.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I managed to get off work early, so I could enjoy some of this.

It wasn't full where I am, but it's not too often you get a crescent sun...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Well they told me not to look but I don't believe fake news and now I am blind!
Only kidding of course, the eclipse was one of the biggest let downs, I am north of San Francisco and it was so overcast that I wouldn't have known anything was amiss if it wasn't for the news hyping this thing up. It didn't even get dark, did it even happen, I am sure, but not for meeeeeee!

Well back to business at hand.

Anyone else letdown yet?

How was it a let down when every source everywhere that had been talking about the eclipse for weeks now clearly stated that the path would not bring it near San Fran?

eclipse2017.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I was out for a ride on the Harley. 97% where I'm at. Saw some crows go to roost on the power lines.

No photos worth posting unfortunately. 97% is still too bright without a lens cover.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It said I would see 75% so booma reply to: opethPA

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I live in a small town just outside Salem, OR and wasn't quite sure what to expect, especially with all of the hype surrounding it. It was truly an amazing experience. The videos and pics that I've seen so far do not come anywhere near the experience in person. Seeing the corona and flares coming from the sun was honestly breathtaking. There was some coloring or a certain hue that the corona had that I've yet to see in a picture or video.

Our neighbors were having a three day long party that at times included a live band along with karaoke on a pretty loud sound system. They started playing music around 8am and I didn't give it much attention. Around 9:30 my wife and I headed out to the backyard to watch the show. As the moment of totality approached, I noticed that the neighbors music had changed and they were playing Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" as it became dark. Once Pink Floyd finished up, they played Smash Mouth's "Steal my Sunshine".

The eclipse experience itself was amazing, but add in some Floyd while things are going dark, and it gave the event an eerie feeling that made it soooo much better. Overall it was far better than I was expecting, easily the best two minutes I've ever had(insert "that's what she said" joke here)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Was at 99% totality here in Oregon.

I didn't go blind but I punched someone in the eye because they had a Nazi hair cut.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Trump looked directly at the sun also without safety glasses guess he still doesn't believe the MSN

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Not everything good happens in San Francisco.

new topics

top topics

join