It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Free Speech Rally: What The News did NOT Cover

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I hope all Americans are paying very close attention to what is happening to free speech in their Country.

Somehow the exercise of, or support for, the concept of free speech has been conflated with the heinous ideals and actions of fringe actors like the KKK and neo-Nazis. That is, if you are right of center and you wish to address people about the ideas and principles that should apply (in your opinion) in American politics and society, you are a racist xenophobic nazi - and therefore should have no right to speak or be heard.

Here is what was actually being said by the tiny free speech "rally" in Boston, while tens of thousands of people gathered to protest their First Amendment right to speak.

According to one of the interviewees in the following video, up to 40,000 people attended the counter protest...and as you can see, people amongst this throng literally drive the "free speachers" out of the park.

Something very stange - and quite scary - is happening in America. Any dissent about the far-left rhetoric or agenda...even just saying that some of those on the far left (Antifa and Black Lives Matters for example), are acting out violently and should stop...instantly brands the dissenter as a Nazi or Nazi sympathizer.

Antifa in particular uses fascist tactics to try to silence anyone to the right of them...while ironically calling themselves anti-fascists.

It is high time, I think, that people in the mainstream left denounce and disavow the fringe left, as hard and as instantly as those in the mainstream right are expected to denounce and disavow the fringe right.

Come toward the middle America - band together to oppose violent extremism in all its forms!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

the masses are so easily swayed by the MSM. Emotions are high on both sides. It's a powderkeg... there may be no coming back from this

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Check out Boston Antifa's Twitter page!

Keep in mind this is just what they put out there for the public to see.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Irrelevant - whitey MUST pay. Truth and reality be damned.

Whitey
Must
Pay

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Oh god, are you right wing idiots this desperate?

First, the public found out about who was planning to attend this "free speech" rally and it was a collection of deplorables racists that cancelled once they found out that the rally would be protested.

Second, the person speaking to the small group in the video is a GOP candidate who seized the opportunity to get attention and provide a completely different narrative than what was planned trying to troll the protestors. Of course, you right wingers eat this completely false narrative up and post this on your right wing websites for your fellow deplorables to believe in something that was simply an attempt to troll.

Third, despite the small right wing attendance at the gazebo, the other deplorables and racists were at other parts of the march causing trouble as they usually do. Don't believe me, just look at the pictures with the march. Most were peaceful except when the right wingers decided to F things up.

Why do you think Trump hasn't re-tweeted this yet? He knows that this was politically grandstanding by the guy speaking in the video. If he would have re-tweeted this, people would have ripped him to shreds for not seeing the obvious regarding this video.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, right wingers.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

This excerpt from your link about says it all...

No room for capitalists, conservatives, libertarians, "classical liberals" or supporters of the US constitution in our city.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: seeker1963

This excerpt from your link about says it all...

No room for capitalists, conservatives, libertarians, "classical liberals" or supporters of the US constitution in our city.

Yep! I pretty much just refer to them as George Soros Communists.

They hate everybody who isn't one of them! For those of us who studied history, their whole shtick of being anti fascist is utterly delusional.

edit on 21-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Thank you for so eloquently proving my point.

Certain (unnamed) "deplorable racists" were supposed to speak about free speech, and so they were prevented from speaking...as was their right under the First Amendment...by an angry mob.

And anyone who thinks it is improper to deny people their constitutional rights, by threat of bodily harm (as opposed to due process, if they are speaking outside of the limits of free speech) is him/herself also a deplorable racist.

Well done.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Certain (unnamed) "deplorable racists" were supposed to speak about free speech, and so they were prevented from speaking...as was their right under the First Amendment...by an angry mob.

They chose not to show up.

They were not denied by the gevernment the ability to hold their gathering.

How was their first amendment right violated?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

They chose not to show up.

They were not denied by the gevernment the ability to hold their gathering.

How was their first amendment right violated?

Oh I don't know.................umm perhaps knowing the threat of violence from people who DON'T believe in the Constitution and Freedom of Assembly?

Just guessin here.....

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

. That is, if you are right of center and you wish to address people about the ideas and principles that should apply (in your opinion) in American politics and society, you are a racist xenophobic nazi

This isn't true.
Republicans or conservatives are not being put into the same camp as those hate groups.

If you do belong in those groups, generally you know it and are not bothered by people knowing you are.
If you're not part of that group you have no worries of anyone putting you in one. Your own behaviours is your conscience in this case.

This is divisive talk.
Actually against progressives because you're accusing all of us of profiling.

And that's not true either.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Nothing says tolerance like intimidation and the threat of violence.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

PS there were thousands not tens of thousands of people there.
What is it with republicans and exaggerated crowd size?
That's a joke people.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So ... let me get this straight ...

The thousands of folks who chose to 1) assemble and 2) speak their minds are against the Constitutional rights of 1) assembly and 2) speaking publicly?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This is your leftist posting history right up to and including any future posts you will ever make....

Far too bitter and angry that Hillikileaks couldn't shaft enough yanks into voting for her, therefore 'Nazi' if opinions trigger.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Tolerance for intolerance is not acceptable. No apology needed.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Tolerance for intolerance is not acceptable. No apology needed.

So you are for the mob mentality and against the Constitution?

No wonder you guys are getting scared. The pendulum is swinging back and ya'll are so scared you are willing to burn the country to the ground rather than think logically and stop the insanity.

Gotcha!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Don't be a drama queen. Of course there a way back. It requires lots of speeches about acceptance and equality.
And not hating someone because of their skin color.
God how stupid and archaic is that idea?

Does anyone remember the poem by Theodore Giesel aka Dr. Seuss called The Sneeches?
www.barnabasministry.com...

It's a poem for children but it teaches a powerful lesson about acceptance of people who are different from you.

Maybe someone should read this on tv. It's not long.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is inflammatory speech.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

PS there were thousands not tens of thousands of people there.
What is it with republicans and exaggerated crowd size?
That's a joke people.

Watch the videos in the Op...a gentleman says that 40,000 people took part in the counter-protest, not me.

Most media reports that I have seen said at least 15,000 people took part. Here's one...

The Associated Press estimated the counter protester crowd size at 15,000 people, according to ABC News

Crowd Estimate

I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure personally.
edit on 21-8-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join