It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP Calling For Boycott Of NFL, Atlanta Falcons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is terrible, I hope the NFL doesn't give in to them.

Goodell is merely the face of NFL management. It's run by the owners. 32 billionaires that are damn near impossible to intimidate. They aren't above collusion either. If they decide Kap ain't playing, he ain't playing.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

His stats weren't too bad, but the one stat that actually matters, wins, the 49'ers went 1-11 with Colin as QB. He could definitely be a serviceable back-up, but why bring in a circus show distraction for a back-up QB? Kap talks about fighting oppression, yet he wore a Fidel Castro in honor of the dictator. How many thousands of people did Castro have imprisoned or murdered? Kap is a fool.
edit on 20-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
a reply to: dragonridr

His stats weren't too bad, but the one stat that actually matters, wins, the 49'ers went 1-11 with Colin as QB. He could definitely be a serviceable back-up, but why bring in a circus show distraction for a back-up QB? Kap talks about fighting oppression, yet he wore a Fidel Castro in honor of the dictator. How many thousands of people did Castro have imprisoned or murdered? Kap is a fool.

I agree he wasn't black balled but with this fuss it may turn out that way. The owners may just decide he's done. He could be an excellent backup and with time may learn to throw from the pocket with a decent couch. But I don't think at this point anyone wants to invest the time in him.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Kap didn't start this protest until after he was benched for inconsistent play.

Man, I'm glad you chimed in. I didn't know that, I don't follow football much and thought he was actually decent when the whole hubub started.

I was irritated with the guy, but hey it's his right and he wasn't hurting anyone.

Attention grab makes A LOT of sense. Really kind of a win-win for him if you think about it. He was doing poorly, maybe thought he could get more publicity, making the team look bad if they did anything. That, and if all this doesn't work out guarantee he could sell some books about all the oppression. I suppose he very well could have the best of intentions and want to take a stand with his knee, but both seem plausible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join