It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Presidient Trump Pardon Ex-Sheriif Joe Arpaio?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
According to FOX News, President Trump is seriously considering pardoning Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has been convicted of criminal contempt for racial profiling.

“I am seriously considering a pardon for Sheriff Arpaio,” the president said Sunday, during a conversation with Fox News at his club in Bedminster, N.J. “He has done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration. He’s a great American patriot and I hate to see what has happened to him.”
www.foxnews.com...

To the bitter end, Arpaio was Trump's "partner in crime" in the racist birther movement, meant to undermine and delegitimize a sitting president. Arpaio campaigned hard for Trump and much of Trump's base sympathizes with Arpaio and his controversial methods. Trump owes him loyalty, doesn't he? It's the least he can do for such a "patriot", right?
www.cbsnews.com...

On one hand, if Trump pardons Arpaio, it will elate his voter base. On the other hand, because of this past weekend's events, Trump's former ethics officer considers that pardoning the ex-sheriff will encourage White Supremacist groups to believe that the President supports them and is on their side, emboldening them towards more violence.
thehill.com...

What say you ATS? Should Trump just go ahead, critics be damned and pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Or should he be sensitive to the political climate, given the recent events, and allow Arpaio to made an example to law enforcement, that they are NOT above the law, and must respect not only the courts, but the US Constitution as well?

Personally, I say put Arpaio in a pink jump suit and make him work for his bread and water!

edit on 14-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What say you ATS? Should Trump just go ahead, critics be damned and pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Or should he be sensitive to the political climate, given the recent events, and allow Arpaio to made an example to aw enforcement, that they are NOT above the law, and must respect not only the courts, but the US Constitution as well?

Personally, I say put Arpaio in a pink jump suit and make him work for his bread and water!

Pink would look good on him.

Apraio started off okay, then he got a full head of himself and it just snowballed from there. He broke the law, he should be punished by the law.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No, I don't think he should, but I won't be surprised if he does

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I really don't care if he does or not. I don't know anything about it and don't care to know. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. I still have a job and a family to take care of at the end of the day.

I imagine he will use his best judgement.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If it would cause liberal media and left-wing heads to explode, I'm sure trump will pardon him.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Serious question, was Joe's birth certificate info ever disproved? The video I saw with evidence he presented at that news conference was pretty damning of Obama's birth certificate being a fraud. I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone ever actually debunking it.

I doubt Trump would pardon him now... maybe at end of term. One wonders if he was went after politically.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Well, Trump himself admitted, publically, that Barack Obama was born in the Untied States and is a natural born citizen.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

He's always been a proponent of don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Forgiving Arpaio would be an insult to everything the ex-sheriff stood for. He'd resent being granted favours that he wouldn't grant to others.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well, Trump himself admitted, publically, that Barack Obama was born in the Untied States and is a natural born citizen.

That isn't debunking the evidence though. That is Trump's opinion. I'd encourage you to watch the presser and see the evidence. If anyone has debunked this evidence, I'd love to see it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes, Trump should never pass on an opportunity to trigger progressives.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

One would think that Sheriff Arpaio would stand by his principles, but alas........
Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio: I'd take a pardon from President Donald Trump

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hm. Would the Sheriff have pardoned any of his abused prisoners?

Therein lies the answer.

I knew Trump might consider doing this as a stick in the eye, especially since they were on Team Birther together.

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The argument is moot. Just like Ted Cruz, who was deemed eligible to be president, even though he was born in Canada, his mother was an American citizen, making him a natural born citizen, Obama's mother's citizenship clenches the deal.

Cruz was born a citizen of the United States
Even though Cruz was born in Canada, he was American from the moment of his birth.
Cruz' mother, Eleanor Darragh, was a US citizen from Delaware.
www.msn.com...

So, even if Barack Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, his mother was a US citizen, making him eligible for the office of the Presidency. Talk about a witch hunt!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
send arpaio down the river... the old fart has it coming

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The argument is moot. Just like Ted Cruz, who was deemed eligible to be president, even though he was born in Canada, his mother was an American citizen, making him a natural born citizen, Obama's mother's citizenship clenches the deal.

Cruz was born a citizen of the United States
Even though Cruz was born in Canada, he was American from the moment of his birth.
Cruz' mother, Eleanor Darragh, was a US citizen from Delaware.
www.msn.com...

So, even if Barack Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, his mother was a US citizen, making him eligible for the office of the Presidency. Talk about a witch hunt!

Stay focused. The question is if the birth certificate is fraudulent or not. Sheriff Joe presented evidence and I haven't seen it debunked.

Whether he is a natural born citizen, mother a citizen and dad not a citizen, etc is totally irrelevant to the question.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

No, that's not the question. The question is whether or not President Trump should pardon the racist/birther, ex sheriff Joe Arpaio, for criminal racial profiling, or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No surprises there.

He's spent a working lifetime listening to prisoners saying they didn't know they'd broken the law. Probably shrugged at the excuses of letters that didn't arrive and blaming poor counsel for their sentences. Here he is playing the same cards and praying for a pardon.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What was he really convicted of? profiling illegal immigrants? I did a quick search and it seems contempt of court, something about illegals though.

Because in my opinion, if he was convicted of profiling, a lot of cops are in trouble and we have it on film.

Lets say the local police want to do a prostitution sting, do they send the undercovers to local church's after Sunday service and solicit women or do they go to the seedy sections and "profile" hookers?

If they want to bust drunk drivers do they stake out the parking lots of fortune 500 companies at 5 pm or "profile" locals at a bar at 10 pm?

If it is all about profiling, then it would seem ok to ask a scantily clad woman in heels if she will suck your @#$% for 20 bucks but not if she is in the country legally...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

In simple summary, Sheriff Arpaio was told by a judge, under no uncertain circumstances, that his practices of racial profiling were illegal and violated the civil rights of those being profiled. He was order to stop enforcing those illegal practices. He refused, and was found guilty of "criminal contempt", not for inaction like "failure to appear", but for the action of continuing illegal activity, disregarding the court order telling him to stop breaking the law.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If it would cause liberal media and left-wing heads to explode, I'm sure trump will pardon him.

Fascist usually do support each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join