It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man loses job, after attending Charlottesvile Rally Went Viral.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So I although I do not agree with these White Supremacist or what they stand for, I am not sure if this guy should lose his job, Or should he? I hate what his group stands for, but does that mean he should lose his job? I am torn, I mean they don't say anything about his demeanor at the rally, just that he was there.

Top Dog, a hot-dog restaurant in Berkeley, California, said it fired Cole White on Saturday after the man was named by a Twitter account devoted to outing rally participants.

www.yahoo.com...

I am curious, do you all think he should be fired, just on the fact he attended?

edit on 14-8-2017 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 14-8-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

If I was his employer, I would fire him.

That doesn't mean that I think he should be fired by anyone else though.... that would be up to the individual employer.

If I was a customer there and they did not fire him, I probably wouldn't be a customer any more.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I could see a lot of members here sypathizing with him.
*cough*

I am not one of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Depends on the state, if its a right to work then who knows?

If its legal, then go ahead I guess.

Employment should be on the basis of skills, socially ostracizing people is legal though. Firing someone because of morals is akin to firing gayfolk, or single mothers.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If I was a customer there and they did not fire him, I probably wouldn't be a customer any more.

And, that's the bottom line. I'm not too worried for him. It's not like a job at a hot dog stand took 4 years of college and now his entire career is shattered, or anything!

He'll wind up on his feet, I have no doubt. Probably get an even better job working for someone who sympathizes with him and his politics. Maybe Trump will hire him! He's as qualified as any of Trump's lackeys!

edit on 14-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
yes, he should have been fired. i hope more of those little punks get outed and fired as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'm glad these snowflakes are being called on the carpet due to their ignorance and hatred. I hope they all get exposed and get fired.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
He should have. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Xuenchen posted
edit on 14-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I believe all employers should have the right to hire and fire as they see fit. I wouldn't want this guy associated with my business. That said, if I heard there was a "unite the right" rally I would have attended not knowing that it was a radical right-wing supremacy event. I wonder how many people went there and was like "wtf is going on here!?".

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I believe all employers should have the right to hire and fire as they see fit. I wouldn't want this guy associated with my business. That said, if I heard there was a "unite the right" rally I would have attended not knowing that it was a radical right-wing supremacy event. I wonder how many people went there and was like "wtf is going on here!?".

Good point. I'm sure there were a few. They should have gotten a clue though when someone handed them the torch and all the Nazi flags. That's our que to leave!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If I know a business hires racist and nazis, I wouldn't go there if they made the best damn hotdogs in California.

Life sucks, and it really sucks when you're stupid!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Company policy.

Don't like it?

Shouldn't have signed on the dotted line or perhaps should've started his own business.

Really, really, really not sure why I should be upset over a Nazi who got canned after being exposed as a Nazi.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

maybe some, but the gentleman in question was grinning in the middle of a torch-wielding, chanting mob. and it's not his first go-round at this type of white power event, either...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I would hope they would first verify the "outing" was correct. But if it was, than they have every right to fire the man. Employees have an obligation to protect the company image.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Firing someone because of morals is akin to firing gayfolk, or single mothers.

I would agree; and a company should get to decide if they support (or not) single mothers or white supremacists.

"Gayfolk" is a bit different not everyone agrees that it's a moral issue, many believe it's a biological issue.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
So I although I do not agree with these White Supremacist or what they stand for, I am not sure if this guy should lose his job, Or should he? I hate what his group stands for, but does that mean he should lose his job? I am torn, I mean they don't say anything about his demeanor at the rally, just that he was there.

Top Dog, a hot-dog restaurant in Berkeley, California, said it fired Cole White on Saturday after the man was named by a Twitter account devoted to outing rally participants.

www.yahoo.com...

I am curious, do you all think he should be fired, just on the fact he attended?

the problem is that not everyone who attends the protest is a "white supremacist."
not everyone attending the protest wants to hurt anyone.
not everyone attending the protest wants to take away any rights from anyone.

blanket statements being thrown around can be used to control the narrative of the events. it takes away from free thinking and turns people reading the articles and watching the videos into a mob with mob thinking.

each person should be judged by their individual actions.

if laws are broken then those people should be taken to court and tried by a judge and their peers. let the evidence speak for itself. not some talking head who gets paid to scare people to drum up "likes" or website views.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

I'm glad these snowflakes are being called on the carpet due to their ignorance and hatred. I hope they all get exposed and get fired.

I in no way sympathize with this cause. I guess I am saying, we don't know why, he was there exactly. It was just a pic of him there. I am wondering what the guys story is. Is it exactly what it looks like and he is a white supremacist as it appears? I am sure it is, but if there was a story behind it, I would want to know.

If so, yes he would be fired.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Firing someone because of morals is akin to firing gayfolk, or single mothers.

That was a pretty scumbag comment. You equate nazi's with single mothers(not always a choice), and gays(not a choice).

Pretty telling on *your* morals.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Let me guess most of you agree with schools suspending kids for things they say or do off school grounds, including comments they make on facebook etc. Did that person express his views while working or on the business property, no he didn't. Did he say the business he works for has the same views as he does, no he didn't.

Where's the which hunt for all the Black Lives Matters protesters who burned down private property. Where are all the SJW trying to find out if they have a job or not to shame them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join