It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temp Readings Plunge After Australia’s Bureau Of Meteorology Orders End To ‘tampering’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Temps are coming down in the land of OZ. The problem has been corrected.

Recorded temperatures at the Bureau­ of Meteorology’s Thredbo Top automatic weather station have dropped below -10C in the past week, after action was taken to make the facility “fit for ­purpose”.

A record of the Thredbo Top station for 3am on Wednesday shows a temperature reading of -10.6C. This compares with the BoM’s monthly highlights for June and July, both showing a low of -9.6C.
www.climatedepot.com...

Couple of different reasons for the temp variations, wonder if we have the truth now?

BoM initially claimed the adjustments were part of its quality control procedures. But bureau chief executive Andrew Johnson later told Environment Minister Josh­ Frydenberg that investigations had found a number of cold-weather stations were not “fit for purpose” and would be replaced.

Looks like electronic smart cards were not allowing the temps that were too low to be recorded.

It has been reported online that electronic smart cards were allegedly fitted to the BoM’s automatic weather stations, which put a limit on how low temperatures could be recorded in official weather data. The BoM declined to comment ahead of the internal review.

edit on Sat Aug 5 2017 by Jbird because: converted all caps title

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
maybe thats why the reef died

our society is entering a dark notice how similar it is to the medevil cooling period

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Maybe all those sky sounds reported
was the Sun yawning letting us know
it's crashing out for the next
30 years, 400 years
or 100,000 years.
No Sunspots for you !

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I bet this is all cyclical and there is very little we are going to do. Like standing under Niagara falls with an umbrella.

Don't tell Al Gore-he has money to make.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
With everyone exploiting the test results to show what they want, we can't even know for sure what is really happening. It is profitable to distort interpretations of evidence and design tests to show what is wanted these days. I think that science has become corrupted in some fields, it always was but now the people misinterpretting it on purpose has increased a real lot

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

All for the purpose of furthering the agenda.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Tampering. Whodathunkit?

Nice find ... S&F!!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
maybe thats why the reef died

our society is entering a dark notice how similar it is to the medevil cooling period

The GBR is dying because of the agricultural run-off of pesticides and fertilisers not from global warming. Fearing backlash, Monsanto commissioned a study and flew their own scientists to Australia to "investigate climate change's" effect on the Great Barrier Reef. They found that the sea temp had risen some 0.0003% and then postulated that was the "real" cause of the coral bleaching. Meanwhile the farmland along the coast keeps spraying their crops with pesticide that keeps leaching into the sea with every downpour and Monsanto is still making their millions when they should be banned.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Compared to the snow fields of New Zealand, Japan and the Swiss Alps; Australia's handful of ski resorts aren't that snowy. Threadbo and the ilk have to set up snow machines every year to make enough snow to ski and snowboard down. It wouldn't surprise me if the resort owners (I believe one of the Murdochs owns Mt Buller) ordered the equipment to read, or be reported to read lower temps than actuality.

This way Mike Freakin' Larkin can declare a "fantastic ski season!" and more tourists will be encouraged to pay $60 to drive their cars up the mountain and fork out $650 per night to stay there

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
Compared to the snow fields of New Zealand, Japan and the Swiss Alps; Australia's handful of ski resorts aren't that snowy. Threadbo and the ilk have to set up snow machines every year to make enough snow to ski and snowboard down. It wouldn't surprise me if the resort owners (I believe one of the Murdochs owns Mt Buller) ordered the equipment to read, or be reported to read lower temps than actuality.

This way Mike Freakin' Larkin can declare a "fantastic ski season!" and more tourists will be encouraged to pay $60 to drive their cars up the mountain and fork out $650 per night to stay there

But.... this is not the case... the equipement was NOT allowing the lowest temps to be read...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

You obviously didn't read the snow report this morning....

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

But.... this is not the case... the equipement was NOT allowing the lowest temps to be read...

So ... who programmed the smart card? While we are at it ... why.

It didn't just happen ... someone made it happen either in error or deliberately. Choose?

P

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This is from an Australian outlet, The Age. From 6th August.

What a joke. They can't even make up their minds on what lie to tell these days.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
This is from an Australian outlet, The Age. From 6th August.

What a joke. They can't even make up their minds on what lie to tell these days.

Oh wow an Australian outlet?

Here's a fun fact, we just had summer that was colder than I can remember. There was a time when summer here, was more than unbearable, but deadly. And now we're having a winter that is one day severe storm, then fine the next day. And it's been changing every year. We used to get the little 'storm' we had that would go on for days.

But I'm sure your image from some 'outlet' says all that needs to be said. Evidence they're manipulating the readings, I mean, 1 degree is really .. well, bom, weather apps, even google, or a local thermometer all have different readings, some by more than 1 degree. It's a conspirassah I tells ya !!!11

PS: You do realise that Australia is not one big continent that has the same weather all over it, right? I mean, I heard there was a tornado in the US just the other week, and yet also read that it was really hot and humid somewhere else... they just can't get their lies right, huh..

edit on 6/8/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
*rolls eyes* All this "adjustment" data is BS.

It either is, or it isn't. Stop making stuff up to fit an agenda.(not you OP XD )
edit on 8/6/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Most of that was utter sht but since you brought up the size of the place you might like to have a quick look at the area where our ski fields are - were you under the impression they were all over? Because they're not. They're pretty well clustered together.

Do you have any other total gibberish that you felt the desperate need to type out?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sorry those readings are too low to push our agenda, make sure they don't get recorded!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Did you read the actual source article? OR did you just read the anti-climate-change I-Hate-Al-Gore bloggers 'report' on the original article?

If you read the original article you find that there was a problem at one recording station where one recording vanished from the system:

"Later independent monitoring of the Thredbo Top station by scientist Jennifer Marohasy showed a recording of -10.6C ­vanish from the record."

With a possibility that 5 other stations would be looked at, but apparently nothing was found that was untoward.

One data point from one station amongst the hundreds of millions of data points, is not significant.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
With everyone exploiting the test results to show what they want, we can't even know for sure what is really happening. It is profitable to distort interpretations of evidence and design tests to show what is wanted these days. I think that science has become corrupted in some fields, it always was but now the people misinterpretting it on purpose has increased a real lot

And I think this is the standard procedure not with just global warming or climate change but vitamins, political poles, foods we eat and the list goes on and on.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I find it incredibly hard to believe that someone (the programmer) would not have the local info to program the card to allow enough variation in the scale to allow low and high temps to be expressed and recorded.

This was a deliberate politically charged action and those responsible should be brought up on fraud charges.
edit on 6-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join