It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans in Breach of Contract? A new political standard?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Now that is the coolest thing Ive seen in years! I hope he wins his suit. He probably won't because of the politicalization of the courts however.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Not necessarily. It would cause lawmakers to have to actually work for a change *gasp* or let laws expire. Think about their job now:
  • They go home whenever they feel like it.
  • They get the best benefits in the nation.
  • They have the best retirement in the nation.
  • They have no 'boss.'
  • They stand around and chat while at 'work.'
  • They hire people to do any work their job requires, and their employees are paid by someone else (taxpayers).
  • They do not stand to lose their job or have their pay docked for not doing the job they promised to do.
  • They get to decide what their job duties entail.
  • They get to give themselves a raise when they want one.
  • They get book deals and ceremonial positions with more lucrative benefits and compensation after they 'retire.'

That ranks right up there with "beer taste-tester at a couch factory in the lobby of the Playboy Hotel.' It beats the heck out of the next two best positions: Jersey barrier anchor (the guy on the road crew who sits on the Jersey barriers all day to keep them from floating away) and bridge height estimator (the guy on the road crew who looks over bridges all day to figure out how high he thinks they are).

I kinda like his idea. And a Constitutional Amendment, unlike a Federal law, can be implemented over the wishes of Congress.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Holding politicians accountable? wow. who would of thunk it.

But don't worry. They'll just write a law exempting them from it.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It is still the fault of Democrats that we are in the is mess to begin with

NO, it's business people's (capitalists) fault that we are in this mess to begin with.

Obama at least tried to address a severe problem that Republicans were happy to ignore forever.
edit on 5-8-2017 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Just guns, 20,000 laws. Anyone who thinks these laws should be up for debate every 5 years has to rethink this approach.

There are about 20,000 laws just governing the use and ownership of guns. New laws mean new crimes. From the start of 2000 through 2007, Congress had created at least 452 new crimes, so that at that time the total number of Federal crimes exceeded 4,450.

Perhaps a different option such as a concerted effort to remove redundant laws. I really think voting or renewing laws every 5 would be undo-able for obvious reasons.

edit on 5-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That's the point. Why do we need 20,000 laws concerning guns? By putting them up for renewal every 5 years, something will be done about the useless laws.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That's the point. Why do we need 20,000 laws concerning guns? By putting them up for renewal every 5 years, something will be done about the useless laws.

TheRedneck

Yep, remove redundant laws. There would be a line forever, literally. There would have to be a special committee formed to deem what should be removed as a redundant law, and they would have to judge what is or isn't redundant. Then have congress do their business. Of course this opens another can of worms.

Simplistically saying get rid of the laws is anything but.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It is still the fault of Democrats that we are in the is mess to begin with, but now Republicans have put themselves in an awkward position where they have let down the voters.

Nice way to try and shift the blame. The Republicans are in control but still can't repeal and replace and it's the Democrats fault. Once again the accept personal responsibility party looks for others to blame for their failures.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Obamacare was the democrats pooping on a large plate and forcing it on America.

We voted in republicans to remove the plate and all they want to do is replace the contents with their poo.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe we who approve of this should send him a group letter stating something to that effect.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

It is still the fault of Democrats that we are in the is mess to begin with

NO, it's business people's (capitalists) fault that we are in this mess to begin with.

Obama at least tried to address a severe problem that Republicans were happy to ignore forever.

Yeah !!

Democrat donating business people.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What really upsets me is that you always hear republicans talking about "repeal and replace".

They were elected to repeal.

NOT replace.

Which is why it's time to do away with our representative form of government.

It's 2017 and we have the internet now.

Why are we still voting for people who have no legal obligation whatsoever to fulfill their campaign promises?

We should be voting directly on individual issues such as...

Repeal Obamacare? -Yes

Replace Obamacare with another bill introduced and agreed upon by the insurance lobby? -Hell No

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: TheRedneck I don't blame Trump for this, but the Republican party who has essentially give a big screw you to their supporters.

Of course you don't. Despite the fact that Trump said over, and over, ad nauseum that HE was going to deliver a better, less expensive, healthcare plan for EVERYONE. Not once did he say anything about the GOP or Congress. He kept saying HE was going to deliver it. So sorry... Trump made the promise (probably made one he could never keep). So either he was an idiot and a fool or a con man. Take your pick.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: CranialSponge

Politics: Default

If I were to bet, that's where I'd place my wager. Time and time again history shows exactly that.

I've been following politics online since 1999.

Almost nothing comes of anything - - either side.

But, the Trump era - - it's just damn crazy.

Still, will wait for actual happenings (IF).

edit on 5-8-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The C.O.T.U.S. is a "contract". "They can't even understand that kind of a "contract law". How do you figure, your nonsense even applies? The "Republican Party" didn't even exist when the C.O.T.U.S. was written. Historically speaking,.. there was a "Wig" party and then a "Democrats" party. The Dems and "wigs" believed a "social justice"..just happens,.. without any sort of a concrete "standards" or "compass bearing "... America is relatively young. We don't even require "imagrents" to speak our language. Your BS will be nullified, in time. Don't hurt yourself over it. You're a campfire extinguished with piss. But don't berate yourself, your kind have been around for thousands of years! Asking dumb questions at irrelevant times. ..Meh! ..Such is history! The Soldier's will clean up the mess. Freedom will have to be "paid for",.. just like yesterday. There's no "new standards". That phrase in, and of itself, implies that! A "standard", is a "standard"... "New STANDARDS"? Really? Lol! Idiots.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Nice way to try and shift the blame.

There's only one way to tick off the voters worse than implementing a disastrous legal spider web that infiltrates and tries to control a major part of their lives... that's trying to blame someone else for it because they voted you out.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well now, this is not too dissimilar to the current law suit against the DNC - money is being claimed back for what amounts to campaign fraud because they never intended to allow Bernie to win.

I think they should go for it. The RNC campaigned hard for 7 years. I believe personal law suits are also in order against the 2 Senators who voted yes in 2015 for a repeal bill and then voted no on the same bill.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: buster2010

Nice way to try and shift the blame.

There's only one way to tick off the voters worse than implementing a disastrous legal spider web that infiltrates and tries to control a major part of their lives... that's trying to blame someone else for it because they voted you out.

TheRedneck

Amen. I didn't think that even the democrats would have hard enough necks to try and blame others for Obamacare. But, I guess I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wish they made it a class-action suit.

I'd like to join!

They need to sue people liek john mccain for his voting against party wishes. If you do not vote with your party you should not be allowed to be a part of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am so very thankful that voters spoke and this misguided effort to repeal, failed.

Healthcare is too important to be a campaign slogan.

I am hopeful that Americans can come together as human beings now and work together to build a better vision for the future.

Having a healthy and economically stable population is a good thing, for everyone.

As for the lawsuit, it's a bit like seeking quid quo pro, isn't it? Regardless, repeal is not the answer and people are learning that it won't help the vast majority of our family, neighbors, friends, co-workers or communities. Let it be.

Hope all is well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join