It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fido And Fluffy Are Ruining The Environment, UCLA Study Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Our 3 dogs eat real meat.

Beef, chicken, pork. Very rarely I give them processed pet food. Usually it's an emergency meal or two.

I even make them dried beef or ostrich treats in my food dryer.

Yeah, they fart. Especially the pug. So what, so do I, at least you can hear mine and take cover.
Their SBD's can take your breath away and make you think the end is near. So what.

Anyway, what does PETA say?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

They've been on about livestock farts for years and it hasn't made one iota of difference.

I think most people will roll their eyes and tune this out as well. I hope.

If they did manage to implement policy based on this, I'm sure there would simply be some exorbitant tax on meat eating companion animals. So the rich could still have their palaces full of un-housebroken, yappy poop machines. The plebs though, we can make do with the warm companionship of goldfish.

edit on 4-8-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I may be a little biased here but, I no longer have any love for cats. Not quite a hater but... My 10 yr old daughter was scratched by a neighbors cute little cat, she ended up getting cat scratch fever. The way it presented in her case was it looked like pink eye. When she didn't respond to the regular treatments for pink eye the doctors scratched their heads sent her to University of Florida for further tests and after a week in the hospital they concluded what it was and that it had traveled for whatever reason to behind her eye and by now several weeks had gone past and the damage was done. She is now forever blind in one eye from a cat scratch. It was such an unusual case that they asked to do a case study on her and I will say after a week in the hospital consulting with rheumatoid professionals thinking she might have lupus or something and all the crazy might be symptoms and diagnosis it put the scare of our lives in our family. So yeah f cats....

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not to derail but I had a friend who had to put an invisible fence under his fridge because his black lab could open it

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel
I understand your frustration and I understand why you now may fear cats. I too went through the medical maze for years over a condition that the medical community could not find an answer for.

The latest consensus is that I have a condition that only about 1000 people in the world have, so there is very little data on how to treat it. Even if they are right, I have come to accept that doctors don't know everything. They only know what they know. So I don't accept anything that they come up as fact, it is just their latest good guess.

That is why I stress the importance of getting a second, third, fourth, fifth or any other number of extra opinions before accepting their latest guess as fact.

In getting back on topic, I feel the same way about the latest scientific declarations of fact, whether it is about the climate, the universe, or the flora and fauna. We are learning about ourselves and our planet everyday. Every time they think they have learned something new, it becomes a "Eureka!" moment, until they find out they were wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
I may be a little biased here but, I no longer have any love for cats. Not quite a hater but... My 10 yr old daughter was scratched by a neighbors cute little cat, she ended up getting cat scratch fever. The way it presented in her case was it looked like pink eye. When she didn't respond to the regular treatments for pink eye the doctors scratched their heads sent her to University of Florida for further tests and after a week in the hospital they concluded what it was and that it had traveled for whatever reason to behind her eye and by now several weeks had gone past and the damage was done. She is now forever blind in one eye from a cat scratch. It was such an unusual case that they asked to do a case study on her and I will say after a week in the hospital consulting with rheumatoid professionals thinking she might have lupus or something and all the crazy might be symptoms and diagnosis it put the scare of our lives in our family. So yeah f cats....

Your daugher should not have been dumb enough to piss off a cat

edit on 4-8-2017 by InsaneIthorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Our 3 dogs eat real meat.

Anyway, what does PETA say?

PETA says no one should "own" animals ever. We shouldn't even have pets. It's slavery for the sake of our ego. That is what PETA says.

I do so despise animal rights activists.

edit on 4-8-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If we can somehow turn pets into competitors in the oppression olympics it might save them from persecution.

My cat isn't white, it's female and it once tried to mount another female cat therefore it's also homosexual and possibly even trans. It also purrs when I read verses of the qur'an to it.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

My cats black so it is a person colour.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

For PETA sympathizers:

Felis catus domestica life span
Wild: 2-4 years
Outdoor Housecat: 3-7 years
Indoor only: 13-17 years

A friends husband was bitten by their immunized, indoor cat and the bite converted into cat scratch fever...
He went to the OR and had his hand emergently filleted....

On a sidenote: cats share every single bone, tendon, and muscle of their larger apex predator cousin...the only difference being that the panthera line evolved to purr past infancy rather than roar...
So jaguars, panthers, housecats and tigers cannot create the roar of a lion...just a really mean meow

-Chris

-Chris

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My little cousin got done up like a kipper by a cat when he was a lad, he's the same...hates them.

But it was his fault...the cat was walking along the top of a fence that surrounded a high balcony...he was just a boy about 6 or 7 and he ran over and pushed it.

But the cat was quicker and smarter and caught onto his arm...it used his arm as a means to climb back up before getting hold of his face and head which it then used to pull itself out of danger.

He knows now that it was his fault but he still don't like 'em...I've never known a cat to attack anyone unprovoked to be fair, dogs can be volatile that way at times but cats tend to lash out in defense.

I love 'em, they're hilarious. I reckon most of the real, dangerous pollution emits from the mouths of people like Al Gore.
edit on 4/8/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
For PETA sympathizers:

Other than people in PETA is there really such a thing as PETA sympathizers?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

My husband got serious cat scratch fever from my parents' cat. He now hates that cat with a passion.

But at the same time, he loves our cats, and we are going to get another Ragdoll kitten to replace the Ragdoll we recently lost suddenly to a brain tumor and at the same time likely adopt a local domestic kitten to be another pet and companion to the new kitty.

Our resident older tabby will simply have to adjust and make room for the two new babies, but we've always been able to get our resident kitties to accept new additions in the past, and older cats have an easier time accepting kittens than other adults.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For PETA sympathizers:

Oh, I sympathize! I eat tasty animals all the time.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Save mankind and give up my dogs?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
My little cousin got done up like a kipper by a cat when he was a lad, he's the same...hates them.

But it was his fault...the cat was walking along the top of a fence that surrounded a high balcony...he was just a boy about 6 or 7 and he ran over and pushed it.

But the cat was quicker and smarter and caught onto his arm...it used his arm as a means to climb back up before getting hold of his face and head which it then used to pull itself out of danger.

He knows now that it was his fault but he still don't like 'em...I've never known a cat to attack anyone unprovoked to be fair, dogs can be volatile that way at times but cats tend to lash out in defense.

I love 'em, they're hilarious. I reckon most of the real, dangerous pollution emits from the mouths of people like Al Gore.

That gave me a good laugh.

Lesson? Dont piss a cat off, just dont

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

That's not even about pissing a cat off though.

Thing is that cats have their claws, and they will use them. Dogs don't have that advantage.

It's just second nature for a cat to use his claws to gain traction, and if you are in the way when one scrambles, he might scramble over you ... with claws out. And you have to be careful because those claws get used in a lot of places and will have bacteria on them.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For PETA sympathizers:

The occasional 10-16 year old girl who has gotten a pamphlet and decided to Go Vegan in some misguided search for identity.

Sometimes it sticks and then they join PETA. It's a recruitment process that weeds out those that can engage in actual thought.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Now I'm hungry for pita bread and humus.

@$#$@$#$@ing diet!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

wrong, people are ruining the environment

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join