It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP issues first-ever travel advisory for a state: Missouri

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

if your a true educator and work in the school system you can answer this question yourself. first of all the school system is broken. You do the rest

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

Incomplete answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
a reply to: riiver

well saying they basically shouldnt give people the heads up based on past actions of others sounds like you dont care if there is a threat or not. your just complaining for whatever reason

So you'd be ok with an organization officially saying, "Travel advisory: White people should avoid travelling in the area of Kansas City bordered by Troost Ave, 39th St., Jackson Ave., and the Missouri river," right?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

so basically the naacp should not have warned that people of color may find trouble when they travel to a particular place. ok makes sense LOL. Such a horrible thing to do

Basically, the NAACP should warn people that they may have trouble all over the country. The law here is now the exact same discrimination standard as the Federal Law.

Basically, the law now says that if you are going to sue for wrongful termination based on discrimination, you have to prove it was the explicit reason for your termination and not just a contributing factor like it used to be.

So it's to stop people who are crappy employees but who also happen to be part of a "protected" class from getting fired for being crappy employees and then suing for discrimination claiming that was a big part of why they got fired and not because they came to work 20+ minutes late every morning, always had a crap attitude, spent more time on their smartphone than working, etc.
edit on 2-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

if your a true educator and work in the school system you can answer this question yourself. first of all the school system is broken. You do the rest

Well, duh, the crap system is broken if you pay any attention to my posts you know I know this, but so are the kids. The schools didn't create kids who attack adults. Their family life or lack thereof did that.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I don't know if it still is, but yeah it used to be the meth capital of the country. Tweekers and cookers are a danger to folks of ALL colors.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So it's to stop people who are crappy employees but who also happen to be part of a "protected" class from getting fired for being crappy employees and then suing for discrimination claiming that was a big part of why they got fired and not because they came to work 20+ minutes late every morning, always had a crap attitude, spent more time on their smartphone than working, etc.

Or it is to protect businesses.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Why haven't they given travel advisories for Chicago?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yes, it is business friendly to make it easier for businesses to dump problem employees, I admit.

It doesn't change the fact they can't dump them for being black or gay or whatever else is legally protected because that law is still in place.

Or do you think a business should feel like they have to keep on an employee who is a bad employee because that employee could claim that discrimination is factor and sue?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Why haven't they given travel advisories for Chicago?

Exactly!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Every time we change a law that protects a worker there are ripples that open workers to abuses.

But I am a pro union nut who likes contracted pay and defined benefits.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

LOL, I knew I would find someone to act as if black peoples concerns were some sort of fairyland tale. what do you know, it was the original post. Let me list a few things white people have done to me over the years:

pissed on me
jumped me
accuse me of theft
follow me around stores
ask what im doing here
ask white people why their with me
call the police on me for breaking into my own car
call me 'n-word'
threaten me

could go on. BTW. F the naacp and blm. They do not represent 99.9 percent of black people.

Your speechless but most likely dont do anything to make america great again for all of us

Got any good photographs?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If the NAACP are so worried about the safety of black people, why the hell are they not doing something about Chicago?

Stout beat me to it!

edit on 2-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

If the NAACP are so worried about the safety of black people, why the hell are they not doing something about Chicago?

Stout beat me to it!

I was taught respect the Police for trying to keep peace and protect innocent people from criminals. No doubt we need both peace and protection from the criminal elements.

The NAACP and other SJW organizations want to blame the cops who are the thin line of help in a world full of fools who hurt others, rob and destroy things. Cops get little thanks for trying to save the lives of the truly innocent who have done nothing wrong and happen to live to close to criminals. IMHO, I think if the gov would just legalize weed I think a lot of this would go away.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sounds awfully political, and anti Trump to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sucks when your own country places illegals and refugees as a higher priority than its own citizens.

Regardless of color, or anything else for that matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

You beat me to it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I understand your point. But it seems that the NAACP is being disingenuous with this, their first ever travel warning. How many African Americans have been shot and killed in Chicago in the last 12 months? Hundreds? And yet no travel warning that I'm aware of.

The problem is that NAACP are the self-proclaimed leaders of the African-American Civil Rights Movement and yet everything they do is politically motivated, quite frequently for their leadership's wallets. Now this is exactly like most white-lead NGO's as well. However, if someone disagrees with one of the white-lead NGO's they are not branded racists etc..

Certainly there will be responses to this post that are motivated by racism. However, to believe that anyone who disagrees with this position of the NAACP is motivated by racism is unfair.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

calling bs, you got jumped and pissed on because you are black?

highly doubt it

what state do you live in?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I understand your point. But it seems that the NAACP is being disingenuous with this, their first ever travel warning. How many African Americans have been shot and killed in Chicago in the last 12 months? Hundreds? And yet no travel warning that I'm aware of.

The problem is that NAACP are the self-proclaimed leaders of the African-American Civil Rights Movement and yet everything they do is politically motivated, quite frequently for their leadership's wallets. Now this is exactly like most white-lead NGO's as well. However, if someone disagrees with one of the white-lead NGO's they are not branded racists etc..

Certainly there will be responses to this post that are motivated by racism. However, to believe that anyone who disagrees with this position of the NAACP is motivated by racism is unfair.

Thank you. This is exactly what I wanted to say, but was too robbed of speech to articulate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join