It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Texas’: Woman fatally shoots home intruder," with alternate title.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The title of an article on the NY Post reads, That’s just Texas’: Woman fatally shoots home intruder.

May I suggest an alternate title?

"Woman raped and murdered by home Intruders in California."

The title reads like it's mocking Texas as some kind of violent throwback gun culture. Fact is, this woman was able to protect herself and would have likely ended up a victim if she'd been in a place where she had not been allowed to own and use a defensive weapon.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Too bad she didn't get both of them.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

While many perceive it as a gun loving state (it is). It also has strict laws to go with it.

You can't shoot anyone in the back (unless that's changed).

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

A pity that the 20 plus times illegal who raped the two women didn't get shot.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

A proper title would be -
"Texas resident receives Darwin award."

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

in ohio if you are threatened by an intruder aiming a gun or other deadly weapon you are allowed to kill them. But if there is a way to avoid that then you are to avoid it: one because killing is bad, and two you dont want me the media to see that you did that. If the media did see it you would not be trusted by as many people and there is a posibility that they could take you to court.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

First off, it's the Post, which leans right. Secondly it's a story straight from Fox News and thirdly, it's taken from a quote:

Cathy Hanks, a neighbor, said it’s not surprising the woman fired her pistol when she saw a threat in her home, explaining: “That’s really how we are. That’s just Texas.”

I don't think they were mocking Texas. I think you might be a bit... sensitive.
edit on 2017-8-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Did you even read your own article?

It was a quote Her neighbour said

Cathy Hanks, a neighbor, said it’s not surprising the woman fired her pistol when she saw a threat in her home, explaining: “That’s really how we are. That’s just Texas.”

It's not mocking Texas at all. It uses her quote to get the point across that Texas is a place where you're likely to get fired at if you trespass on another persons property.
edit on 2-8-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Yep.

I'm sure my wife would do the same thing.

Don't break into our house. We ain't snowflakes. Violence begets violence. I would say on behalf of my wife that Texas is Texas. Don't touch my wife or family stupid.

my kind regards ballistically,

bally

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
she did the right thing, and thankfully she wasn't harmed.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Who cares how it is labeled, break into someone's house you deserved to get shot, no passing go no collecting 200, just a simple run to the morgue in a Hurst .

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Moral of the story : don't break into houses and you won't get shot .

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
The title of an article on the NY Post reads, That’s just Texas’: Woman fatally shoots home intruder.

May I suggest an alternate title?

"Woman raped and murdered by home Intruders in California."

The title reads like it's mocking Texas as some kind of violent throwback gun culture. Fact is, this woman was able to protect herself and would have likely ended up a victim if she'd been in a place where she had not been allowed to own and use a defensive weapon.

sjw

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

First off, it's the Post, which leans right. Secondly it's a story straight from Fox News and thirdly, it's taken from a quote:

I don't think they were mocking Texas. I think you might be a bit... sensitive.

You are on point.

OP got triggered and didn't comprehend the article fully. It's literally supposed to be taken the opposite way. It does read either way your mind wants you to though. But we here at ATS are not just reading headlines are we? Hehe

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: frost21345

In Michigan it's home invasion, car jacking, rape, robbery and any type assault with deadly weapon. Not if you see them running away, or see them in your house or out in your garage etc.

There are few... very few exceptions...

MS
CPL Holder

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Regardless of who was quoted in the article saying that 'That's just Texas',
I would add this to your alternative title:

" That's just California. Woman raped and murdered by home Intruders in California."

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

another title could read, In Texas, if you ____ around in someones house, you will get a round in your a@@.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here in Texas....now y'all.....we don't shoot unless they didn't smile....

They have to smile at us.....or bhamm.....that's how we tell who to shoot, and it makes for a friendlier state

Everyone I know, their wife has a 44 magnum with a 6 inch barrel in their purse or in their bra holstereditby]edit on 2-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Studies show that less crimes are committed when the criminals are shot.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In North Carolina the criminal bought you the right to shoot them "unannounced" when they decided to come into your home without your consent. I.E.....if you wake at 3:15 am and there's a guy going thru your stuff anywhere within your home, or just standing there smoking a cigarette...you can shoot him "post haste". Unfortunately I know all too well the fear of a home invasion and having to shoot another human being....but shoot & kill him I did. Also shot at the 2nd man that was standing by their car in my driveway. If my state did not have the gun laws we do dealing with your home, business or property. I would damn sure move.

In N.C. within your vehicle you are "expected a degree of safety " while in vehicle with doors locked windows up. If criminal is trying to get to you or say a road rage incident, can't use lethal force until your "expectation of safety has been broken" I.E. window broken, then you can shoot the person after you. IMHO: I wouldn't live in California if it was free and I was treated like royalty.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join