It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Stopped funding Syrian terrorists after seeing beheading video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Earlier this year, President Donald Trump was shown a disturbing video of Syrian rebels beheading a child near the city of Aleppo. It had caused a minor stir in the press as the fighters belonged to the Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement, a group that had been supported by the CIA as part of its rebel aid program.

The footage is haunting. Five bearded men smirk as they surround a boy in the back of a pickup truck. One of them holds the boy’s head with a tight grip on his hair while another mockingly slaps his face. Then, one of them uses a knife to saw the child’s head off and holds it up in the air like a trophy. It is a scene reminiscent of the Islamic State’s snuff videos, except this wasn’t the work of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s men. The murderers were supposed to be the good guys: our allies.

Trump wanted to know why the United States had backed Zenki if its members are extremists. The issue was discussed at length with senior intelligence officials, and no good answers were forthcoming, according to people familiar with the conversations. After learning more worrisome details about the CIA’s ghost war in Syria—including that U.S.-backed rebels had often fought alongside extremists, among them al Qaeda’s arm in the country—the president decided to end the program altogether.

www.weeklystandard.com...

This is one of the best things Trump has done in his tenure. I applauded his answer in the third debate when he said he couldn't understand why we were financing terrorists in Syria, and finally he has seen the disturbing proof that these people are monsters.

Now keep in mind, Obama, people like McCain, folks in the CIA, and almost all of the media even left leaning ones supported arming these people, and the media almost universally (including right wing media) mocked Trump for going against Pence by saying we should stop arming these terrorists.

And Hollywood was all for these groups too. Remember the White Helmets? We were fed propaganda over and over about how noble these rebels were, and meanwhile there was public evidence of their horrendous behavior, including them beheading an innocent boy while cheering.

And don't forget, many on ATS claimed Trumps refusla to arm these murderers were proof he was working with Russians.

I ask all of you people that claim how evil Trump is, why did the noble and great Obama continue to arm these people after seeing vieos like this and other proof that they were terrorists?

Obama and the CIA knew that the storngest group within the rebels we were arming were publicly ddeclaring themselves to be an arm of Al Qaeda, but armed them anyways.

Jabhat al-Nusra, publicly an arm of al Qaeda until July 2016, has been the single strongest organization within the insurgency for some time. Well before President Trump was inaugurated, Nusra had grown into a menace. And America’s provision of arms to FSA-branded rebels worked to Nusra’s advantage—an inconvenient fact for those criticizing the president’s decision.

This is just more proof that the establishment media, deep state and politicians have no problem financing terrorists to push the globalists regime change plans, and is at least a first step in Trump fighting back against it.

I hope that this goves some anti Trumpers who claim to be for peace some pause for celebrating the media and deep states constant attacks of Trump, and shows just how bad Obama and others were.

edit on 31-7-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Probably about time some anonymous group take over a few choice broadcasting channels and play that video live, straight into millions of US homes.

Maybe then the people would stop and ask why it happened, and what they could have done to prevent it.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Wishful thinking Grambler, the left will never give credit where it's due.

But I'd love to be proven wrong in this thread.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The silence from the left regarding this topic on ATS is deafening.

And very telling.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

The silence from the left regarding this topic on ATS is deafening.

And very telling.

Well its late at night, so maybe they will comment tomorrow.

But seeings the glee at mocking Trump for the "serious" situation of appointing Scaramucci and then firing him, I would think they would explode at Obamas allowing this to occur, and applaud Trump.

I guess time will tell.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is a great move by Trump, his weapons deal with the Saudis is troubling though. SA is the largest terrorist funder (armorer) in the world so it seems to be a little at odds with this awesome gesture and decision. Trump is very wishy washy in my opinion.
edit on 7/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Its all falling into place. Thank God this is being treated the way it should have been.

I knew Trump would go where other presidents couldnt.

Burn the castle, save the kingdom.

edit on 7 31 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Now keep in mind, Obama, people like McCain, folks in the CIA, and almost all of the media even left leaning ones supported arming these people, and the media almost universally (including right wing media) mocked Trump for going against Pence by saying we should stop arming these terrorists.

And Hollywood was all for these groups too. Remember the White Helmets? We were fed propaganda over and over about how noble these rebels were, and meanwhile there was public evidence of their horrendous behavior, including them beheading an innocent boy while cheering.

I'm all for not arming terrorist groups to fight proxy wars so in this instance, I'll give Trump a thumbs up but this is far from the only thing going on.

I'm composing a thread right now about what's shaping up in Afghanistan and it's business as usual. Right down to Bannon bringing Mattis proposals to put the CIA in charge of a mercenary force to guard the plundering of mineral wealth, enriching big money supporters.

And I really don't know where this "Hollywood" stuff comes from. Mnuchin is one of the biggest Hollywood producers around.

He has produced 45 movies since 2014 alone and these are all big budget films:

Wonder Woman, Mad Max: Fury Road, Suly, The Legend of Tarzan, The Accountant, Suicide Squad, Batman vs Superman, the various Lego movies, etc.

One of his biggest supporters and our Treasury Sec is a Hollywood heavyweight. Bannon has his own production credits, though they're mostly just right-wing propaganda documentaries. And of course, the President is a reality TV star and has enjoyed celebrity douche bag status for decades.

How are these clowns any different from the "Hollywood" types that Trump supporters thumb their noses at? As far as I can tell, not very different at all. I think it's typical conservative rhetoric about "Hollyweird" that hasn't made this little sense since the Reagan years.

edit on 2017-7-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It sounds to me like the Trump's aren't a pack of psychopath's.

Now that would be "CHANGE"...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Dont leave out the drug industry angle of Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think Trump's a tool, but I give him credit for realizing it's immoral and stupid to fund a group of extremists who would saw the head off a child, especially if his generals couldn't give him satisfactory answers for why were doing it in the first place.

Even if you can leverage such groups to further military objectives in a region, history has shown that these relationships have a way of biting us in the arse.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I am with you with things like the Saudi arms deal, as I have posted on ATS.

I am not claiming this issue in Syria is the end all be all, but it gives me hope for the first time that we may have a President that is willing to go against the deep state and globalists regime change agenda. This is worthy of applause in my opinion.

Does this mean we shouldn't call out Trump for things like the arms deal, absolutely not!

But its a good first step.

It seems odd that many people particularly in the media are more concerned with Trumps dumb hiring or tweets than they were at Obama giving weapons and money to people beheading children.

As for Hollywood, I think you misinterpreted my intention.

I was pointing out how Hollywood showered awards on the propaganda film "The White Helmets" that praised these rebel groups.

To me, this issue is bigger than Trump. Its shows the bloodthirsty agenda that establishment republican and democrats, in coalition with the media, and the culture (actors etc.) is, and how they virtue signal about being peaceful and just, but are willing to finance heinous crimes.

Even if Trump is a failure, we need to realize how strong this propaganda is, and to be able to call out this evil when we see it.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

More proof of Russian collusion!

Partisanship is only for the plebes. The real threat hold no political loyalty. Nice work Grambler.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

How are these clowns any different from the "Hollywood" types that Trump supporters thumb their noses at? As far as I can tell, not very different at all. I think it's typical conservative rhetoric about "Hollyweird" that hasn't made this little sense since the Reagan years.

Now there's something threadworthy for certain.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

When it's wrong, it's just wrong. Trump seems to see that, whereas many politicians ignore the ugly side in order to achieve their goals.

The end justifies the means for many.

Good for Trump, although I don't envy him having to watch that.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dont leave out the drug industry angle of Afghanistan.

Maybe you'd like to share? I'm familiar with a few things. I know that opium production has drastically increased in the last year+ which seems to coincide with the introduction of some sort of pharmaceutical strain out of China that grows three times as fast.

There's also a burgeoning pharmaceutical industry in the areas controlled by the Afghan government that is backed in large part through World Bank programs but afaik, that's geared toward domestic production as Afghanistan lacking its own pharmaceutical industry imports most all of its pharmaceuticals from countries like India, via Pakistan.

Is there a connection there that I've missed or is it something else?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Okay I'm no Trump supporter and I don't like Trump but this is one of the few things I have to agree with him.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Wishful thinking Grambler, the left will never give credit where it's due.

But I'd love to be proven wrong in this thread.

Still wishful that it is true?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

See here:
The CIA's Global Drug & Jihad Empire

Also check out History Channel's new documentary "America's War On Drugs". It's CIA operation, er they've operated on illicit drug sales from their inception. Their mini-series, just in part one they have a ton of timeline bits I missed in that 72 hour project there.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm composing a thread right now about what's shaping up in Afghanistan and it's business as usual. Right down to Bannon bringing Mattis proposals to put the CIA in charge of a mercenary force to guard the plundering of mineral wealth, enriching big money supporters.

Yes, I would love to join that thread when you post. Afghanistan is always on my mind, including the potential for all that mineral wealth. Rare Earth metals specifically so we can finally compete with China again in the production of electronics.

Are we talking Central African style exploitation of resources, or more like just simple vassal governates striking their own deals with private interests to build legit industry but at a drop dead prices in our favor?? Im hoping for the latter, it helps me feel less guilty about enjoying all the benefits of empire if I don't have to think about plundered villages where guys with guns just slaughter people and take the rest for slave labor. At least the stable corruption has a slightly lower cost on life and families.

I am glad for POTUS having ended the CIA deal in Syria anyways. I wonder if the Pentagon though plans on keeping that enclave of South Syria indefinitely though?? It seems Israel would prefer there was not an uninterrupted land route from Iran to Lebanon.

<<   2  3 >>

join