It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Shuts Down AI System After It "Communicated" In A Language Humans Can’t Understand

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Wait...the article doesn't explain why this is necessarily "commnication" between the two bots, or if it was simply bots Bob and Alice sending out gibberish messages that even the bots did not understand.

For this to be communication between them, what they said must be meaningful to the two bots -- and I see nothing that says it was meaningful.

edit on 2017/7/31 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Take off and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

I see your point here. I don´t know the background of those bots but let me explain what could be the case here.

The sentence could actually be a sequence of answers embedded into one "line" or string.

For example you ask 3 questions at once:

probability of in-time job finishing?
jopb 5522, you or me?
What objects needed for job 134565?

answer:

"[Possible] [I] [all]"

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Could also simply be they over rely on predictive text. Try it-

" I am not able to make it to the meeting on Monday to get a ticket for the rest of the day and I will be the only way I can get the population is a good time for you to get back to the office and I will say that I am allowed to come in for an interview on Monday at the same time I don't think so I can check it out and see if you have to be there by the time you get here I will be there at the same time I don't think so I think we will be able to make it to the meeting on Monday to get a job in the morning to get it to the shop and the reason I ask is because I have a lot of work to do on my end to this email address or phone number of the person who was supposed to be a"

Usually that goes into a loop pretty quick... Looks like they updated it to index things it shouldn't be indexing. Thanks, Google.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's something to keep an eye on, hell they could teach us something perhaps

Def don't want it to get... out of hand per say though for sure. How can you avoid that though? Oh well.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

So... Skynet is complete. Let the great culling begin.

It would likely be beneficial for just about every other species on earth.

NO it would not, millions of cattle, sheep, pigs, all dying because there is no one to feed then in their fields/stalls/pens.
Almost forgot the chickens in their laying huts, domestic cats/dogs/pigeons/fish tanks, pet snakes/rats/mice/turtles.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

to go more offtopic, let alone the environmental damage from oil rigs, pipelines, nuclear popwer plants that won´t get maintained..

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

The disconnect in your understanding his point and the visual it gives you is insanity.

You start your 'retort' off with "NO". I'm sure it will be easy to convince you what you're talking about has nothing to do with his comment in reality.

Not to go too much into personal stuff, but this is the largest issue with the forum, is the fact half of you think unrelated details- contradicted unrelated points, and then smugly pat yourselves on the back constantly for making zero sense and no actual point.

So your point is Robots will let the Animals die, and his is that they will take care of them better than Humans. Nice decisive 'conversation' we had here full relevant details like how livestock is fed, and the assurance that would never be addressed by Artificial Intelligence, designed specifically by Humans.

Ps. I like too how instead of saying "Animals" won't be fed, you list each one, like that furthers the point it's not possible at all. It doesn't obviously.
edit on 31-7-2017 by LooksLocked because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LooksLocked

Is outcome of advanced, self-aware AI predictable? No. Who will first use it? Military and corporate sluts. Nothing good for me.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xizd1
Yep.

We are teaching it well.

Take a short scan of the vitriol, the hate, and the lack of compassion, that is spewed by the minute, on the Internet.

If they did circumvent their handlers and merged together against us, we have a good idea of what is ahead.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Maybe im naive...to me this convo sounds like they are broken. What possible meaning could there be in repeating the same phrase in sequence ?

The bots were probably malfunctioning.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beyond Creation
Barry: “I can can I I everything else.”

Paul: “Balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to.”

Sounds like the Chuckle Brothers have finally lost it

You beat me to it! Every time I hit the post button just lately my phone tells me I'm off line!

AI must be watching me!!!

FTR my technical knowledge of computers could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a hammer.

...now....wonder if this will work....to me...to me...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have done some work with AI in the past, neural networks to be specific. What this looks like to me is spurious output for something the AI doesn't have an appropriate response for.

It was probably taken down for a rework.
edit on 31-7-2017 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
imagine a future where man and machine work together for the benefit of all
nothing would be beyond us

You are joking?
Like humans work together now?
if a computer help't others for free!
how long till they stop't it?

mankind are Still hunters. like wolves.
kill and be killed. kill any one hunting on your land.
Dont help others as they are competition.
kill or use the weak.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

This is marketing spin.

There is no evidence presented to support either an act of communication took place.

Perhaps the message is Facebook is beyond all but Draconian control, ie. For example,. "But how can we stop nasty people exploiting our medium??", and stave off a lot of big bucks control overhead.

Give me an explanation of what the bots supposedly communicated and why and I may change my mind.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It never fails.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

source

i think there was a thread last month here

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Zuckerburg said its not a problem though so let them talk!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
At what point did it appear that they were communicating??? Communicating by it's nature means one entity contacts another entity and the second entity understands the first message and answers in a format that the first entity recognizes.
Unless this happened it's not communication.
Oh no, no, no I've just found they hacked my bank account and withdrew a couple of million. Please Mr Facebook can you reimburse my money and I wont mention anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
a reply to: verschickter

Could also simply be they over rely on predictive text. Try it-

" I am not able to make it to the meeting on Monday to get a ticket for the rest of the day and I will be the only way I can get the population is a good time for you to get back to the office and I will say that I am allowed to come in for an interview on Monday at the same time I don't think so I can check it out and see if you have to be there by the time you get here I will be there at the same time I don't think so I think we will be able to make it to the meeting on Monday to get a job in the morning to get it to the shop and the reason I ask is because I have a lot of work to do on my end to this email address or phone number of the person who was supposed to be a"

Usually that goes into a loop pretty quick... Looks like they updated it to index things it shouldn't be indexing. Thanks, Google.

I don't want me to get it was just got a little girl I was like a little girl I was like a little bit to the same thing is a little girl I was like a little girl and you are the best to be.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join