It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian officials say resort knife attacker tasked by IS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

CAIRO – Security officials say that the Egyptian man who stabbed to death three tourists and wounded three others earlier this month in the Red Sea resort of Hurghada, was tasked by the Islamic State group to carry out the attack.

The officials said Sunday that investigations revealed that 29-year old Abdel-Rahman Shaaban had communicated with two leaders in the group. They added that he was asked to carry out the attack to prove his allegiance to the group.

Egyptian officials say resort knife attacker tasked by IS

This is an news story another attack, similar to the one posted at ATS in January (Gunmen attack tourist hotel in Hurghada on Egyptian Red Sea coast, reportedly carrying ISIS flags.). Does this area has a problem with ISIS converts?
At least he was taken alive, and seems to be talking about his connections to ISIS.

SMH

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Does this area has a problem with ISIS converts?

Yes they do . And have for a while , with little to no MSM coverage.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Thanks for the input, as I am unfamiliar with this area. And it seems the ATS community doesn't give a rats little butt either (considering the lack of discussion in this thread). Too bad, since I feel this is one area that is "on the front lines" so to speak of this type of occurrence.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Thanks for the input, as I am unfamiliar with this area. And it seems the ATS community doesn't give a rats little butt either (considering the lack of discussion in this thread). Too bad, since I feel this is one area that is "on the front lines" so to speak of this type of occurrence.

I have several friends there .
Even saw a video posted here on ATS with a tank running over a suicide bomber's car to try and stop it.

edit on 7/30/17 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I have several friends there .
Even saw a video posted here on ATS with a tank running over a suicide bomber's car to try and stop it.

Well I hope your friends there stay safe.

edit on 7/30/2017 by Krakatoa because: Removed itlalian referwnce. different story

top topics

join