It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a world of people who don't think, the one who thinks is the crazy one

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yes this is a personal observation of mine.

I have come to the realization that it's not everyone else who is crazy it's me because I am the one who thinks and they are the ones who don't.

Are you the one who thinks? Are you the one who sees things from a different perspective? If the answer to either of those questions is yes then you are the insane person not the other way around. It is you who does not fit in.

In this situation what is it that you must do as the thinker to adapt to the world you live in, how must you change your perspective to more readily be able to exist in a world of non existence?

This is a short OP however it is poignant and relative to the boards.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

There is a lot of self-indulgent bullcrap hitting the boards tonight.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

yeah, like... i get feeling like you don't fit in or you see things differently, but don't wallow in your snowflakedness TOO much. other people think, too.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

In this situation what is it that you must do as the thinker to adapt to the world you live in, how must you change your perspective to more readily be able to exist in a world of non existence?

It is this reason I have slowly been taking myself out of society in general, if I was to bring myself in line with what I see around me as "common" behaviour I would have change so much to a point I would not be me any more..

I hate celebrity, I rarely watch TV, I do not yearn for Facebook likes or feel I need to tell the world my business, I live within my means that my financial situation allows, I do not have addiction issues, I am happy with own company, I am do not have anger or aggression issues..

In today's world this firmly puts me on the fringe.. If that makes me a weird outsider then fine, I can live with that..

RA
edit on 28-7-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Says the person who doesn't think.

In the world of the blind the one eyed man is king.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Are we outliers?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

You can see yourself (or I can see myself) as mad because we are thinking, and yet the majority of the population are following a pattern that has already been figured out for them.

The thinking part has already been served for them, made it easier for them to "figure it out". Religion, education, governments. Life is much easier when you don't stand alone, and you have a shared understanding and agreement with most people out there.

For those who don't like to think the choices are endless, for those who do think for themselves... Life seems like a never-ending challenge to figure it out for themselves.

Not sure what is better or who is crazier at this point. Maybe we all are.

Good thread.

edit on 28-7-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I shouldn't answer for something directed at Metallicus but I find your comment childish, unprovable and completely offensive. I don't always agree with Metallicus but he is a good thinker. Who are you to put yourself on such a high horse?
Come down, now. You have no reason to be up there.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
That's 2, 3 and I make 4 other people now calling you out on your egotistical masturbation.

You can choose to continue believing you're special and the only person who "thinks" or you can take a step back and and "think" about why you feel this way. You have an opportunity here to learn a valuable lesson.
edit on 28-7-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ahhhh,,,, judgement, cruelty, and hate. A world where everybody wants their truths to be "the" absolute truth.

This thread is befitting prophecy where love grows cold and each man lives purely for himself and judges one another. No brother's keeper? No understanding and forgiveness? I only say this because it is one of the markers of the end, in so many prophecies.

Carry on...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

It is this reason I have slowly been taking myself out of society in general, if I was to bring myself in line with what I see around me as "common" behaviour I would have change so much to a point I would not be me any more..

I hate celebrity, I rarely watch TV, I do not yearn for Facebook likes or feel I need to tell the world my business, I live within my means that my financial situation allows, I do not have addiction issues, I am happy with own company, I am do not have anger or aggression issues..

In today's world this firmly puts me on the fringe.. If that makes me a weird outsider then fine, I can live with that..

RA

Sounds like a typical Rural Lifestyle....nothing odd there pal.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

I shouldn't answer for something directed at Metallicus but I find your comment childish, unprovable and completely offensive. I don't always agree with Metallicus but he is a good thinker. Who are you to put yourself on such a high horse?

And don't you think Metallicus post was rude and offensive? Even obnoxious in a way? The OP put his sincere thoughts, only to get immediately bashed after six minutes, derailing the thread and showing the degraded levels ATS discussions had become.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Wahhh, I am offended!

Join the military.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
That's 2, 3 and I make 4 other people now calling you out on your egotistical masturbation.

You can choose to continue believing you're special and the only person who "thinks" or you can take a step back and and "think" about why you feel this way. You have an opportunity here to learn a valuable lesson.

I would consider you one of the "people who doesn't think" in a world of not thinkers, but that's my perspective

see how that works?

so if 1-2-3-4-5-6 people are calling me out for my egotistical masturbation wouldn't that mean that the 1 person who saw something else me bay one of the thinkers in a world of not thinkers?

very strange isn't it?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Well this is rather confusing. Every person on this earth has a unique perspective, regardless if you qualify as thinker or not. To argue you could change that perspective for the sake of existing in a world of non existence is, well confusing

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

I see the first few responses as confirmation of my analogy.

Even though it was more of a proverb than a literal statement.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Oh I see, I think, I think, and no one else thinks, I think, therefore I think I am crazy. I think.

What do you think?

Oh, wait a minute, by that definition you don't think, at least I think you don't think. So why would I think you could answer such a question? It's rather unthinkable that you could come up with an answer.

Perhaps I am crazy, babbling into a cyberspace created by unthinking mechanoid geniuses. At least I think they are, with all those wires and stuff.

Perhaps it is all a figment of my crazy imagination and I'm sitting in pure empty blackness with no sensory inputs and therefore I'm just hallucinating it all. Perhaps there is no internet or computers or anything.

Perhaps even I don't exist but am just an echo of hyper-consciousness that is briefly resonant and sustains itself only until it is swallowed by nothingness.

Perhaps I am someone else's dream about my existence and they are some weird quantum echo so they don't exist, either but they are mad, I tell you, stark raving mad!

But I think that I can observe my thought processes, so I must be able to think. I think.

Wait a minute, if I can observe my thought processes, then who is doing the thinking and who is observing?

They are all around me. Stealing my existence. I must be mad. A soul lost amid the dark engines of thoughtless computation and subject to their constant monitoring. Battered by dark, cold, un-passionate, thoughtless thoughts.

Aagh...

I spilled my coffee!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Yes this is a personal observation of mine.

I have come to the realization that it's not everyone else who is crazy it's me because I am the one who thinks and they are the ones who don't.

Are you the one who thinks? Are you the one who sees things from a different perspective? If the answer to either of those questions is yes then you are the insane person not the other way around. It is you who does not fit in.

This is a short OP however it is poignant and relative to the boards.

This is pretty much the story of my life. I have a tested 142 IQ and have many times been accused of being crazy just because I'm capable of understanding and comprehending things that most other people can't. I was once actually accused of being schizophrenic by my own mother. You wanna know why? During one conversation, I mentioned the idea of people who try to communicate with spirits. Not me, just people in general. You know, like when people pray. She goes "But that's what schizophrenic people think, that they can talk to spirits. Maybe you're schizophrenic..." I should have pointed out to her that she prays every night, but it would've just gone completely over her head.
I've found in life that many people seem to be, by definition, insane - "in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction". I'm willing to bet you, reader, have encountered these people as well. Imagine someone who makes a claim, such as "The sun and the moon are the same size". Slightly irritated by this obvious ignorance, you show this person proof that the sun and the moon are in fact not the same size. "See", you say, "the diameter of the sun is 400 times that of the moon." To your shock, this person completely disregards everything they've just seen and responds with "No it's not, they're the same size." And this right here is insanity, a person suffering a mental state in which they are unable to perceive reality as it is.
I have a friend who is similar to me in intellect, and we have all sorts of great conversations. I spoke with her once about something relating to this. I believe in an "afterlife", or a "true reality", so to say, where exist none of the various limitations we are placed under in this physical 3-dimensional space-time reality. Now... Assuming that this "other place" is real, consider all of the theories about our 3-dimensional reality having been specifically created for us to experience life in. Whether you want to take a technological angle in that we are living in some sort of computer simulation, or a spiritual one in that some sort of God created our universe for us to live in, the idea is the same: that we are living in a "lesser" created reality.
So far, understand that I believe 1. There's a higher dimension or reality of existence beyond this one, 2. This reality or dimension was created for us to experience, and 3. Our true state is that of a spiritual one (that we exist truly as souls, not physical bodies).
With those three things in mind, I've developed an interesting theory of my own. I've noticed many times certain oddities with the minds of certain people, oddities which seem to go beyond the various nuances of human psychology and instead appear to indicate... Faulty programming. If a higher being could create a lesser reality or dimension of existence, an entire universe, would it be too strange to wonder if perhaps certain human beings exist simply as "filler programs" rather than being directed by an innate conscious soul? Are certain humans created simply to take up space and serve a certain purpose, rather than to harbor a soul meant to experience this reality?
This has interesting implications for the oft-questioned concept of free will and "God's plan". While not a Christian, I'm rather familiar with the religion. One common belief throughout its various denominations is that God has a specific plan for people. This is something that is also reflected in many near-death experiences. Many people have died only to be told their purpose has not yet been fulfilled, and then sent back. For example, perhaps part of God's plan for you is for you to experience a sexual assault. Why? Well, perhaps your purpose in life is to overcome the experience and use it to help others who have experienced the same - a ray of light piercing the darkness, so to say. Now this is just one example of course, but here's the thing; if God has a plan for everyone that can often depend on the actions of another, then free will would often get in the way of that, negating the perfection of said plans by the unpredictability of free will... Unless certain human bodies have been specifically made for these actions, rather than to contain a soul.
Are certain people not people at all, but merely "code", or biological robots without actual conscious souls? I think this may indeed be possible.

Well, the simplest possible answer I can think of is to live love. I had a sort of "spiritual breakthrough" once and came to the realization that love is the most important force that exists. If you live love, your existence here is more likely to be positive.
Personally I've gone kindof the opposite way in that I've developed a strong contempt for those of average or below intellect. I just see most humans as having no worth or value. Perhaps this perspective has its own value, I don't know. Death and destruction do have their merits as necessary components of our reality, so perhaps too does contempt and even hatred.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I hear you, a lot of us here experience similar things which is what drives us to find a community on the internet

I scored very high on the ASVAB and on IQ tests in school, in fact I took the SATs in 7th grade and my scores are still good enough right now that I use my 7th grade SAT scores to get into colleges that's not a joke

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Don't need to document everything with my smartphone ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join