It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old people and new music?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: droid56

Dude, branch out. You mentioned only popular rock music. I saw Hendrix, the Stones and Dylan live back in the day. Not the Beatles.

If you want new music branch out. Get away from the popular stuff and delve into other stuff. Try some Coltrane or Miles Davis. Or you could go big band and check out some old Woody Herman or Maynard Fergison.

Maybe some of the old Womans State Choir of Bulgaria knocked me out when I first heard them. And old favorite group for me was a group called Zap Mama. Oh, and look into Dave Bromberg.

Classical. Some Stravinsky or Respigi. Maybe some celtic music like The Boys of the Lock or Planxty or The Bothy Band.
I'm currently into sonic stuff. Music for the head. Grooving stuff. Try some Michael Sterns or Steve Roach.

There are countless groups and styles over the last fifty years that are still incredible, it's just that most of the never made the big bills because not enough people were turned on to them. And that's the deal. Radios and labels promote popular music because it sells and all the other music that is creative and new and fresh goes by the way because all most people want is exactly what other people are already listening to. That stuff, popular music has always been very limited in it's scope. If a certain style has gotten air play and people have heard it then they back groups that are already established.

Get onto spotify and experiment. Plug in one or two groups and they will offer up others of the same style. Go crazy, you only have a few years left. I'm seventy by the way and am also sick of the whole popular music scene.

Did Miles Davis and Stravinsky many years ago.

Well ok then. Try this. I'ts a bluegrass tribute to CSNY.

I also got to see CSNY back in the day and this cover is one of the best I have ever heard. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
oh hey, me again. As we are just about the same age, here is an old memory from nineteen sixty four. The one hit wonders. The New Beats. Most likely you remember this tune but this video is a real pisser. Have fun.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

and the K rockers have some good material.....

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's a couple of newer ones that many like:

If you like your music harder I can do that too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join