It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spinners

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
These "spinner" things are all the rage now. I just don't know how the Universe existed before these things, and I totally don't understand their popularity. I mean, what gives? They spin around...big deal. What do you do with them after the 1st five minutes??? I mean, C'mon!

So, the other day I'm in Walgreens, and I see this sign in big bold letters which says "Spinners back in stock!!!". (I'd gone in there for some "important" stuff like some Twizzlers and this week's National Enquirer). I look down and I see this big box of all these spinners next to the counter. They were only a couple bucks so I grabbed one just to see what they are all about. I couldn't try it out in the store because they were all in a package, so I had to wait to get back to the car to try it out.

Wow...big whoop, it spins around...big freaking deal.

About an hour later I finally managed to start the car, in between spins, still in the Walgreen's parking lot. It was about as hot as the surface of the Sun inside the car by then, in the blazing sun with no air on. I mean it would have been simple enough just to start the car earlier, but NOooooo! This was on Friday afternoon, after a 6 hour drive up to Wyoming. I eventually made it to the hotel I was staying at, not sure how, I don't remember much of the drive. "Checking in kind of late aren't you??" the clerk at the front desk said. "Yeah, whatever; just tell me what room number, huh?" I was in room #222, not far from the front desk...good! At one point I put the spinner thing down, telling myself "I...must...stop...doing...this...spinner...thing!!" That's about the time I noticed you can actually spin these things on the table.

I think it was sometime Sunday morning (it might have been afternoon, I don't know) I realized I was pretty hungry...not having eaten, slept or showered for like 46 hours or something. I hadn't seen the light of day for nearly two days at this point, just hunkered down in room #222, "chasing the tiger" like some junkie on a spinner binge. Maybe when I hit my head on the underside of the bathroom counter it knocked some sense into me, I don't know. I had a moment to take in my sorry situation (in between spins of course), huddled under the bathroom counter spinning away on the tile floor. I'm not really sure how (or when) I made it back from Wyoming. I vaguely remember hanging out in some seedy truck stop somewhere for a while, trying to figure out how to make the spinner work on the dash. I think I left my credit card stuck in the pump because it seems to be missing now...I think...oh wait, time to spin again!

I've decided I really don't feel like going to work anymore, who needs a stinking job when there's spinners to be spun. I can now pretty much surf Amazon seeking out new and better spinners in between spins...I've gotten just that good! I think my wife may have left me, not sure, don't care. I think I used to own some cattle once; I wonder what ever happened to them...ah, don't care.

Did you know, some of the really good spinners come with ceramic rather than steel bearings????
edit on 7/17/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Doesn't take much to captivate the conditioned masses these days...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

These 2 are glass. As you can see one is broke. I bought them out of curiosity, played with the one for a couple minutes and stopped. Been collecting dust for 2 months.

And I'm a simplton...😁

I thought you'd discovered time travel after hitting your head on the sink.😉
edit on 17-7-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That's a lot of text. I'll read it later, I'm involved in something at the moment.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
That's a lot of text. I'll read it later, I'm involved in something at the moment.

You'll get more proficient after a while, it just takes some practice. It took me a while too, to figure out how to take time to breathe and all. Kinda like walking and chewing gum, sorta. I've graduated now to the point where I can read a post and type a partial reply even...in between spins.

Just keep at it.

edit on 7/17/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I feel the same way I feel about this song as I do about spinners.

GIMMICK AF

but this one has goats

These;

Much more annoying than a spinner

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

My 11yo son wanted a fidget spinner so when i saw some at the Chinese shop where i buy some of my clothing,i got him one.And yes,gathering dust after having his attention for about 5 minutes

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I enjoy my spinner because I've always been a fidgeter. I've been kicked out of many classrooms growing up, because I couldn't stop drumming on stuff. Whenever I've worked retail jobs, I've always had something in my hands to fidget with. I've collected small chains, doodads, folding business cards, weird bracelets, all sorts of weird things that are fun to fidget with. Hell, I can't even sit still in a chair for too long, I'm one of those really annoying people in theaters who won't sit still. lol

The fidget spinner isn't really that amazing, but it does it's job for people like me. I have one at work, and I spin it every so often. It keeps me from drumming and annoying my co-workers. lol

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

HA! I remember those! I even had a set once as a kid.

Gawd they made a lot of racket!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Personally, I think that all these things do is encourage hyperactivity.

Stupid idea but, financially speaking, the inventor and producer of this f'ing thing are making millions.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That is TO date! The most painful toy I ever had.... wrist was forever bruised.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Perhaps in some surreal way spinning is analogous to saying the Rosary. Or repeating a mantra, The slackers whirling dervish....

wtf...it's a golden path to Nirvana and cosmic enlightenment; what else could it be?

edit on 17-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

And that's how they get you....

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I smell sarcasm....

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It's a ghetto bola in a bind.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Bought a spinner for a friends birthday, turning 50, it was a flash one with little diamondy things shaped like a ships wheel.
It was a tacky joke gift, wasn't cheap but nothing to flash, can't give a lady a nice gift, they start to think you care more than you do, you know what I mean
Anyway, she loved it,,spent the whole afternoon playing with it, soon as she put it down someone would grab it and play with it

Yeah, not my thing.
Still trying to catch them all...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A child's toy is really not what I was thinking of when I read the title. I was curious how you were going to get by the T&Cs with this, but apparently it was just my dirty mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thank you for the laugh this morning, not just a little chuckle either, a full blown guffaw.

Man I hate those spinners.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My twelve year old son likes these. He isn't like, nuts over them, but he likes to collect them. I think he has three or four now, and they are all different. I don't mind, so long as he spends his own money on them. I figure, he could always be doing worse things than collecting fidget spinners, right?

He keeps them all right next to his knife and machete collection....he is such a boy!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
These are a big thing in Finland too.

At one point they were out of stock everywhere, and i read an article that a man was trying to buy the salesperson's own spinner at a triple price. One time i was at a line to pay for my groceries. A policeman was right behind me. There were these spinners in a box on the counter, and the policeman tried one for a couple of seconds and put it back. I think he was one of the "good cops" for not falling into this mania.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join