It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Rejects Ban on Transition-Related Health Coverage for Transgender Troops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The struggle with integrating the transgender troops continues. A bill that would not cover the cost of transition related care was voted down today.

The House of Representatives voted down a measure on Thursday that would have banned the coverage of transition-related health care for transgender troops.

Rep. Vicky Hartzler, a Republican from Missouri, had proposed the measure as an amendment to the defense authorization bill, arguing that taxpayers should not foot the bill for procedures such as gender reassignment surgery because that would divert the funds from more important priorities. "This is different from somebody going in and having a cold," she said during debate on the floor.
time.com...

Gender reassignment surgery has usually not been covered by private insurance and govt programs due to it being experimental, cosmetic and elective. But those people with gender dysphoria may have a medical necessity to have the surgery. So who knows?

In the past, gender reassignment surgery has often been banned from coverage — by both private insurance and government programs — because it was viewed as experimental or cosmetic. While Hartzler argued that there is still a "lack of medical consensus on the effectiveness of gender transition treatments," organizations such as the American Medical Association have in the last decade released statements saying that research supports the effectiveness and "medical necessity" of treatments such as surgery for individuals with gender dysphoria. That is the official diagnosis for individuals who experience "a marked difference between the individual’s expressed/experienced gender and the gender others would assign him or her."

Medicare covers it. So again who knows?

Medicare started covering gender reassignment surgery in 2014, after a decades-long ban, in response to a lawsuit filed by a transgender woman who was also a veteran. The Department of Health and Human Services board found that given advances in research and practice, the exclusion was "not reasonable" anymore.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Way to waste more tax dollars in the name of voter pandering, DC.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm active duty military, and I don't know how I feel about it.

I've seen the military pay for women to get breast enlargement surgery, and I've seen it pay for guys to get liposuction. So I don't see how they could now deny trans people getting transition surgery.

I think they either have to cover all that kind of stuff or none of it. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Ah good on them they are putting their lives on the line and like all serving folk and Vets they desearve the best healthcare possible.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I think If those surgery's improve the mental state and moral of the serving person the better at their job they will be don't you?.
edit on 13-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I've seen the military pay for women to get breast enlargement surgery, and I've seen it pay for guys to get liposuction. So I don't see how they could now deny trans people getting transition surgery.

I think they either have to cover all that kind of stuff or none of it. You can't have it both ways.

What?

Things must have changed, in my days they wouldn't even pay for braces, crowns, anything cosmetic.

Motrin was the cure for everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm torn on this.
One one hand I think plastic surgery is not something someone needs, unless they are a burn victim or something like that.
If your body is undamaged than tax payers should not have to pay for something you want but don't need. Whats next ugly women
using our tax dollars because without their new nose they can't be happy in life?

On the other hand I would rather my tax dollars go to making people happy than it going to buy more bullets and bombs that just create misery in this world.

I'll just go ahead and stay out of this one.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How embarrassing for the US military - to be electronically paraded through the streets as the global laughing-stock relating to all things 'war'.

Irrespective of the little details - the message is clear - the US military can no longer claim the high ground when it comes to possessing the worlds most ruthless Alpha males. This could be the decline of American military might.

and to the tards who are triggered by that, #-in deal with it - you cannot be transgender and Alpha at the same time so if the military does not want Alpha males in their ranks - they are doomed to eventual destruction.

This sort of slop is exactly what is causing the decline in American respect across the planet.

edit on 13/7/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

How embarrassing for the US military - to be electronically paraded through the streets as the global laughing-stock relating to all things 'war'.

Irrespective of the little details - the message is clear - the US military can no longer claim the high ground when it comes to possessing the worlds most ruthless Alpha males. This could be the decline of American military might.

and to the tards who are triggered by that, #-in deal with it - you cannot be transgender and Alpha at the same time so if the military does not want Alpha males in their ranks - they are doomed to eventual destruction.

This sort of slop is exactly what is causing the decline in American respect across the planet.

Yeah because .6% of the population is going to suddenly overwhelm the ranks of the most advanced military in the world and emasculate the whole of it overnight...OH NOEZ!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Right?

Russia and China are just sitting there rubbing there hands together. It took the Zionists over 100 years and a whole lot of patience, I am sure our enemies can wait just a little longer.....

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Don't look up the surgery procedure that is needed for mtf. It's pure nightmare fuel and not for the feint of heart and it's highly inconvenient and it takes ages to recover from. Especially the dialation part is just wrong. Don't google that either. I think the military shouldn't be involved at all. If you need/want a plastic surgery pay for it yourself and that goes for every gender.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Yeah because .6% of the population is going to suddenly overwhelm the ranks of the most advanced military in the world and emasculate the whole of it overnight...OH NOEZ!!!

As you are no doubt aware - it only takes ONE (1) to ruin the reputation of ALL.

Case in point - Donald J Trump - according to leftists and other tards, has single-handedly destroyed America. - single handedly.

By himself - 1 person - 1.

1 person can destroy the reputation of all.

Same with the US military - allow (even one single) transgender(s) into active service = deal with the new global reputation as capitulating pu**ys to political pressure.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Agreed. All of your anecdotes are ridiculous. The only procedures that active duty personnel should get should contribute to the mission, not to social engineering or superficial enhancement.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: watchitburn

I think If those surgery's improve the mental state and moral of the serving person the better at their job they will be don't you?.

If those soldiers had problems with their mental state and morale, they should not have been enlisted in the first place.

(post by XStraw removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

(post by XStraw removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: XStraw
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I really don't care who wants to sign up to fight for our country. Gay, Trans etc etc..... but our military has a culture a heritage and as a vet, I see the social conditioning that is being imposed to ACCEPT these individuals, that is what disturbs me.

Why can't they join grit their teeth and deal with the snip as I did years ago? Oh NO! We want to be a part but YOU need to change to accommodate us?

Hell no!

This is an army/military, not a damn daycare!

They sure as hell didn't give a damn about my feelings when I served, what makes these people so special?
edit on 13-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jul 13 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join