It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting changes behavior

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Several years ago, I posted in a supernatural thread, that I have a ghost in my house. This is a residual haunting, meaning that the spirit/ghost/energy does the same thing over and over. We still see it on occasion, but it's kind of sporadic. We may see it a couple of times a week for 2 or 3 weeks and then not see it again for months. The frequency of sightings doesn't seem to be tied to anything specific, like time of year or who is in the house at the time.

This is what I posted in that thread :

We have all seen this, my wife,son, daughter and myself. This past summer I came in through the front door, walked into the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye, down the hallway, saw what I thought was my wife walk from our bedroom, across the hall, to the bathroom. Thinking it was her, I started talking to her about something. Getting no answer, I went to the bathroom to see why she wasn't answering. No one there. I went looking for her and she had been out on the back porch reading. I had been working out front on the roses and she had been out back for at least 20 minutes. This has happened several times to different members of the family.

Now, this is something that does the same thing every. time.. It's like a recording that's played back over and over. It either walks from the bedroom, crosses the hall into the bathroom or from bathroom to bedroom. Nothing about that behavior has changed since we first saw it.

Till now.
A little while ago, I was outside, working on a table I'm building and came in the house to get something to drink. It's hot and humid here, so I just stood in the kitchen drinking some water and when I got done, threw the bottle in the trash and walked into the living room. I brought up the weather on my computer to check the forecast and then turned around to go back through the kitchen and on out the back door. Half way across the kitchen, something grabbed my hair. It wasn't just a tug at a small lock of my hair, it was a grab. I could actually feel fingers as they slid across my head.

It was just for an instant. Whatever it was didn't yank my hair or pull, it just grabbed and then instantly let go. I looked around, trying to see if there was anything that could explain it, maybe one of my cats on top of the refrigerator, but, no cat and I was standing in the middle of my kitchen.
I have no idea why my haunting would change from residual to active.
This is gonna be fun.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't think it can change from residual to active. However I do think something new moved in and got your attention. If I cared about "proofs" an all that I'd be asking you if you recently acquired some used furniture, or a second had book or something of that sort, cause "it's said" stuff latches onto items.

Just curious?
Got a teenager in the home? Heard that stirs stuff up as well.

I'm thinking these are two separate deals and you are lumping them under one umbrella.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Have you done any house construction? You were checking the weather, was it unusual? Have you thrown away any old possessions that were in the house before you moved in? I have doubts about the distinction between residual and active haunting, but that's partly because my haunted house has all types of activity
My grandpa built the house and he walks down to the basement the exact same way (as a shadow) whenever we do construction on the area of his old work bench (which is now a finished room). My grandma sits on the bed next to you at completely random, unpredictable intervals, but it seems to only happen to her loved ones, not strangers or roommates. My brother moves objects around when he's trying to tell me something (he did it really often right after he died but it's become more and more rare as time has gone on, now he only gives me messages if it's something REALLY important). I can tell which ghost does what based on when the phenomena started vs death dates. It's weird that each is so different.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Probably a chimp in an invisibility suit.
They made them in a lab and some got loose.
Lock up your bananas.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

No used furniture, books or anything new or used. I have a 19 year old son, but nothing like this has ever happened before.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's either not the same entity you're used to...
Or someone unwittingly interacted with it and now it's getting comfortable.

But something tells me the original spirit wouldn't go from non-threatening behaviour straight into physical connection.

This sounds like something different. Something more aggressive.

I hesitate pressing post because I don't want to seem like I'm trying to alarm you...
But then if I didn't tell you what I thought, I'd feel guilty.

Good luck, David.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

No construction of any kind. The only thing I've built in years is new furniture. We remodeled about 10 years ago and I haven't changed anything. No, nothing unusual about the weather, I was just checking the forecast to see if we were going to get some rain or maybe cooler temps in the next few days.

....................You know....now that I think of it....I've been building some nice tables, night stands and such from oak, that I got from an old barn that was being torn down. Old wood. This barn had been standing for a long time and parts of it had started to rot and collapse, so they just tore it down and let my ex father in law have some of the wood and I got some boards and beams, along with sme very nice 3 x 12 boards. Rough sawn, but a hand plane cleans it up very nicely and turns it into furniture grade lumber.
Hmm.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I already ate them.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The odd things is, I didn't feel threatened. It felt more like "Hey I'm here". Whatever it was didn't yank or pull or cause any pain, just an attention getter, if you know what I mean. Things like this have never scared me, they just make me curious.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I call them Imps.
Little bastards like playing with keys and wallets.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The odd things is, I didn't feel threatened. It felt more like "Hey I'm here". Whatever it was didn't yank or pull or cause any pain, just an attention getter, if you know what I mean. Things like this have never scared me, they just make me curious.

Yeah I didn't take you for the frightened type which is why I wasn't too reluctant to post.
I hear what you're saying, that it didn't hurt or anything...

My point towards aggression was the fact this entity decided it was fine to put its physical presence onto you.

In my book, that's a transgression. Kind of where I draw the line on interactions with spirits.
Maybe that's just me.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nope, definitely not just you!

I'm a big believer in boundaries and respecting them. Seeing stuff, hearing stuff all kind of normal. Things that get grabby? nope, nope, nope.

I know the OP saw it as a "hey I'm here" but in reality something that can do that much is usually capable of much more. Too many times people are lulled by "the soft approach" until things get out of hand. I'm not saying be fearful, but ask yourself, if another human snatched your head to get your attention how would you react?

Probably you wouldn't need to ask ATS-ers what they thought.
am I right?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Something has disturbed the force and it is not happy with you.

Any old furniture wood being used in that table you are making that could connect to a spirit?

What about the work you were doing with the roses? Your plantings or some that came with the house and planted and tended by someone before you came there?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We had a similar problem in a loft over our barn. My mother in law came to the house and burned sage. After she did that the scratches we would get stopped. I really don't believe in it but the wife and mother in law did. Apparently this is some ritual from the middle east. But I will say that I no longer get scratches on my arms and back but I don't know I'm reluctant to say it was because of the sage. But try it it might work the wife swears it removed an evil spirit.

I won't go into details because no one would believe me any way.

www.movingtowardspeace.com...

edit on 7/11/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I had written this long reply and then somehow ended up on the main page before I could post it, but the meat of it was that perhaps whatever caused the residual haunt that you see is still around. Usually when a place is haunted you have both residual and intelligent energies in the same place.

It takes a massive amount of "emotional" energy/trauma to make a residual haunting.
It puts a permanent hologram of some kind in the environment so usually death is a part of why there is residual, and many times, where there is a bad or weird death, there will be a spirit stuck/attached to the area and to the residual, living in the space around it, as in some weird way it is all connected and said spirit cannot leave.

Not saying this is what it is, but it was a thought about residual and/or intelligent haunting.
Usually there is both with a residual.
Or so I suspect.

No one knows for certain....

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

No old furniture involved, just old barn wood. All the plantings here were done by me when we moved in almost 15 years ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh sh**. My son just made a point.
A little while back, maybe 3 months ago, I got a slab of Black Walnut and made it into a bench. Just judging from the rings on the part that I have [ from the heartwood ] this was an old, old tree. Maybe someone was hung from this tree? Maybe it was where slaves were tied to be whipped? Maybe some of them whipped to death. That would certainly explain a lot.

I feel like I should explain about this. A "slab" is just that. A slab of rough wood, from a tree that's been cut down and then cut into rough, very thick boards, [ this one is 3 inches thick ] then sold or dried and used. This one was/is "live edge" meaning the bark is still on it.
edit on 11-7-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

David,
It actually sounds like something else has moved in.
Old reliable is most likely still doing her same gig.
I'd wager you got a new room mate.

Edit: I should of read the rest of the posts. It seems others have already stated the same thing. 2 spirits, not one becoming more active.

On a side note, when you have this many people giving you roughly the same answer, it should be an indication as to what your dealing with at least.
Either that or were just all nuts.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The burning of sage to clean a house, is a Native American tradition called smudging.
You burn sage in each corner of the house, in all the dark areas of say like a basement, or perhaps your loft.
The sage smoke is said to cleanse the area of evil spirits

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Oh sh**. My son just made a point.
A little while back, maybe 3 months ago, I got a slab of Black Walnut and made it into a bench. Just judging from the rings on the part that I have [ from the heartwood ] this was an old, old tree. Maybe someone was hung from this tree? Maybe it was where slaves were tied to be whipped? Maybe some of them whipped to death. That would certainly explain a lot.

I feel like I should explain about this. A "slab" is just that. A slab of rough wood, from a tree that's been cut down and then cut into rough, very thick boards, [ this one is 3 inches thick ] then sold or dried and used. This one was/is "live edge" meaning the bark is still on it.

This old tree was just cut down recently -3 months ago? or came from somewhere else? It could be some prior land owner spirit's favorite tree or something. Plant a new tree beside the old spot of the same type. Was there a special reason the tree was cut down? I'm not sure if speaking aloud to any spirit is always a good idea, but I have had to do it on a few occasions, and haven't had any bad consequences, but those can happen just from connecting to whatever it is, which can become an spiritual attachment. (From what I have read about).
edit on 11-7-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join