It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The hardware/software issue is one of the reasons so many trans suicide after transitioning. They think removing the offending genitalia would solve the problem but in some it really really doesn't. They are left with a "man brain" they still think like a man but without the genitalia. They expect to feel some life changing earth shattering "oneness" with their new body but many actually find it quite alien and they don't have the rush of feeling complete or "correct". Altering the body is only one part of the process and until the brain can be "altered" they will always inherently be a "man" in some way or another. The brains software deals with emotions and sadly for many these emotions or feelings if you like, take over and override the hardware

The conversations I've had with trans that go along the lines of "Tell me how women think" ! Many of the trans men (I haven't met a trans woman) had plenty of other issues such as low self esteem many felt they couldn't compete with other men, weren't manly enough. One of my exes' is now a trans and a prostitute and so very unhappy and yes regrets having the op. He realises that no amount of operations has made him a woman in any way except physically and because he's so gorgeous but still totally screwed up, he chose to be a prostitute because he says it lets him get one over on men. THAT is mental issues

Many alleged transgenders were transvestites but decided to go all the way and were left very very unhappy as it wasn't the utopian dream they thought it would be.Tranvestitism and transgender are not the same but it seems can lead down the same path which often proves the wrong one. My last ex was also a tranny yes I had a thing for them at the time lol (I had issues too)....he kept dabbling with hormones bought online because he wanted boobs....but he didn't think about the consequences of a)non prescribed drugs and the dosage b) how he was going to live his daily life and work life at Tesco with a pair of boobs but the rest of him a man and c) I didn't want a bloke with tits! I tried to support him all I could, got him into the first stages of transitioning counselling but he only went twice. He prefers the fantasy of dressing up in his mothers attic and taking pictures and spreading them all over the net for likes and comments. You can't say he doesn't have issues but its not gender its mental.He gets a massive buzz from comments on his pictures and even bigger buzz from fooling other men. Its taken him the last 10 yrs to finally admit that he's gay. He believed that having sex with men dressed as women didn't make him gay as they were women! Again THAT indicates mental issues

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

We don't know for certain until we get more information. So why start a thread saying "oh my god, these school programs are turning kids trans!" ?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Because I don't need to see anymore to recognize the disturbing direction this is going?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Anecdotes... I got 'em too. I know a young trans woman who went through the whole process as a kid/young adult (hormone blockers, then hormones and surgery) who is at university studying to be an astrophysicist and has absolutely no regrets.

I know another trans woman who had the surgery when a young adult who is now in her 6o's - successfully self-employed and no regrets. Neither ever considered prostitution.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Here's the thing -- Teachers aren't even able to properly tell when a child has a learning disability, but we expect them be able to tell us when a kid a trans with any real degree of certainty? Don't you think, given a teacher's actual function and apparent professional expertise, that she/he ought to be taught about learning to recognize learning issues properly *before* she/he starts learning to tell if the little darlins have psychological issues?

And yes, given that trans is solely a psychological issue comprising one's mental state not matching one's physical, it *is* a matter of psychology, not something teachers are professionally suited to diagnose or instruct about.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Uh no, no one said teachers should be diagnosing gender disphoria - don't know where that came from.

You don't have to have a degree in psychology to say gender dysphoria exists.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

But this isn't about whether dysphoria exists or not..

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Uh no, no one said teachers should be diagnosing gender disphoria - don't know where that came from.

You don't have to have a degree in psychology to say gender dysphoria exists.

Why are they teaching about it then? Generally, teachers are expected to have some qualification in the subjects they teach about. Why would I want someone who doesn't really understand it teaching my kid about it?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I know what it's about. It's about keeping it hidden because trans people are baaaaaaad.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Wow.. really? Now you're just going to troll me?

Or do you truly believe that?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It's not part of the core curriculum - It's one small part of the health and wellness subjects. I guess you think a teacher has to have a PhD in sex to teach sex ed? Oh I forgot, sex ed is baaaaad.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

*snort*

Sex ed is about learning where babies come from, not about learning psychology.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If you think there is no psychology in sexual feelings, maybe you need to take a class.

*snort*
edit on 9-7-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If you think there is no psychology in sexual feelings, maybe you need to take a class.

We aren't teaching children how to have the best orgasms ever, we're teaching them where babies come from. If you want to teach the psychology behind good sex, then you need to take that on as a parent.
edit on 9-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

*snort*

Sex ed is about learning where babies come from, not about learning psychology.

...and certainly not about learning 'dysfunctional' psychology, and why to accept it as normal behavior!!
edit on 7/9/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Suicide is a common subject discussed in middle school and high school health classes.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Without sexual feelings, no one would be motivated to make babies. That's part of how it works.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yeah...as in "DON'T DO IT!! WRONG!! BAD JU-JU!!"

...and that should be the exact same message here!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

As in "your feelings are valid and you are worthy of getting help".

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Without sexual feelings, no one would be motivated to make babies. That's part of how it works.

Sex ed is not a "Joy of Sex" class. It is a health class. Generally the topic is covered during the endocrine system when they talk about the penis and vagina and what they are for along with how the uterus and ovaries work.

In later years, this comes with discussions of pregnancy and how to prevent it. It also comes with discussions of STDs.

There doesn't need to be discussions of things like how to hit the G-Spot, how to have different types of sex, or anything else. That stuff is parental.

Or are you afraid to cover that with your kid?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join