It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Wrote The Bible? On TV @ 8 ET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I haven't checked to see if this has been posted...no time...popped in to let you guys know.....will get moved no doubt...busy with granddaughter...be back later...

History Channel, Eastern Standard tTme 8PM

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If you watch this, be sure to note from who's perspective this is coming.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see if fair coverage of all sides is given. FoxNews is doing something about Christ at 9 ET, too, and the History channel is playing something now on the Bible Code. (I'm watching the gambling thing on History West, though. If God wanted to hide a code in the Bible, he would have told us
)

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
If you watch this, be sure to note from who's perspective this is coming.

Excellent advice. Every show I see from the History channel seems to come from an anti-Christian perspective.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've actually noticed the History channel is pretty hit or miss. Some of their documentaries are pretty fair, though most have a planned agenda and get some real crackpots defending the faith while well respected, elequant, inteligent people argue against it. That's just one of the tactics, there are many moore (
) ways to skew the evidence to make you feel one way or the other while appearing to be fair and balanced. Hehe, two jabs in one sentance

[edit on 2-6-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the same programme that was shown in the UK on Christmas day? If it is, it was pretty good from what I remember, though I don't remember it all as I was bit drunk by the time it finished.

The presenter is Dr Robert Beckford, director of the Centre for Black Theology at the University of Birmingham who is himself a Christian. His presenting stlye leaves a bit to be desired but to be fair to him presenting isn't his day job. The documentary itself has that unfortunate style most documentaries have these days, tending to assume its viewers know nothing about the subject from the offset. Apart from that it was a pretty good show, with some info I hadn't heard before.

This is, if it is the same show we're talking about!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I just switched over to this during the final cannonization discussion of Constantine.

They glossed entirely over the fact he was still a pagan while ordering the final versions of the bible to spread throughout the Empire.

This special isn't much into controversy, eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It got better.

Makes me want to learn ancient Hebrew.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
lol Rant, we agree on something! I wanna learn Hebrew and Greek.

I didn't know that improviser improvised his way into being a stargate symbiote...

EDIT: correction for mistaken identity

[edit on 2-6-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, I found it it extremely interesting and I learned a bit too!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i was too busy watching the superbowl.. so i will have to catch it when it repeats later in the week

new topics

top topics

join