It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs EO and restores the National Space Council

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The National Space Council existed from 1989 till 1993, initially created by the first Bush. Methinks it is a good call. Space is the future. Sooner or later, the Sun will burn out, and people will need to search for another habitable solar system to immigrate to. Space is the forefront of science and technology alongside biotechnology whose main goal is to prolong the human lifespan to at least hundreds of years.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
NASA statement on the EO

www.nasa.gov...

It's interesting a Wang had been appointed to head NASA's communications office. Note this is not the Chinese Wang. It seems to be the Norwegian Wang.

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 30-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Apollo project that put a man on the Moon was directed by the council of aeronautics and space. The restored council will once again direct space exploration and development.
edit on 30-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I personally have seen the Obama destruction of our space program. It had a horrible effect on the space coast Florida economy. This planet will be left for the warring parties, I believe the peaceful ones will head to the stars.

No offense, I hate the word "methinks" I'm not even sure it's proper English, but what do I know, I'm from the Bronx!!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
NASA statement on the EO

www.nasa.gov...

It's interesting a Wang had been appointed to head NASA's communications office. Note this is not the Chinese Wang. It seems to be the Norwegian Wang.

www.nasa.gov...

Lmao I read this and laughed

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Wanna make America great again?

Stop all offensive BS around the world, build your damn wall, beef up domestic security and focus on space exploration from military funding.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

No offense, I hate the word "methinks" I'm not even sure it's proper English

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Anyway this is good news. I don't know about Pence leading it but that's just my opinion.
That would open up to more space exploration.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Trump has done so many great things already, it's a shame it has all been obscured by irrelevant Tweets. Something as potentially important as this will never get mentioned on the news, while countless hours will be spent on Trump's Tweet about a facelift. Sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Good. This is exactly the kind of thing I want my tax dollars to go to.

Humans only survive as a species one of two ways:

1. We learn how to populate other planets

2. Government controlled births.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok, space is cool, but enough, time to get back to Russia.

OT ... this is great news.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Sooner or later, the Sun will burn out, and people will need to search for another habitable solar system to immigrate to.

In a long, long, long time. By that time, we likely could master interstellar travel, or build a habitable world, if we haven't destroyed ourselves by then.

That said, before the sun burns out it will consume the earth as a red giant.

But yeah, "space" is cool.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Sooner or later, the Sun will burn out, and people will need to search for another habitable solar system to immigrate to.

In a long, long, long time. By that time, we likely could master interstellar travel, or build a habitable world, if we haven't destroyed ourselves by then.

That said, before the sun burns out it will consume the earth as a red giant.

But yeah, "space" is cool.

I'd bet the odds of an extinction-level impact coming way sooner than that are pretty good. We will need options sooner or later for sure.

top topics

join