It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vinyl Vs CD? Let the Battle Begin!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Monty Python did this on an album. It essentially had three sides. One side had two entirely different tracks. They thought it would be funny to people trying to make their friends laugh by playing it and the wrong sketches would come up.

Turned out it had been done way back when with horse racing. They would have a race but depending on which groove it caught there was a different winner.

As to the topic, vinyl all the way even though I can't play mine. No turntable. I've got a one sided Megadeth album(also signed by the drummer) and a three sided Spock's Beard V album, maybe thirty picture discs and about 200 albums. I've even got a really weird set, two supposedly looking Judas Priest pic discs. One has Neil Diamond music on it. I still get a chuckle out of that. A record exec somewhere saying "WHAT? You guys printed WHAT???".

Nothing like the 12" art. Iron Maiden's Somewhere in Time cover is one of the all time best. So much on that cover that I've spent many hours tripping on it. Most would be lost on a non-Maiden fan of course but if you can see it in it's original size and not say, on a phone, it makes a difference. People tried to do album art justice in the CD world but those foldouts and what not always ended up getting torn so they never come out when I decide to play it.

The world went and changed.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Wow. Judas Priest.

I remember getting a 7" copy of Breaking the law and the hole wasn't quite central. Dunno how that happened cos they're pressed over a spindle so I'm guessing the problem was with the original plate.
Anyway, it kind of wobbled in a speeding up/slowing down rhythm and sounded weird.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I'm getting a "video is unavailable" message but did a quick search and I think I found the "no holes" clip this referred to.

Never heard of the movie but think I'll have to put it on my watch list .

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It's a great farce. If you have seen This is Spinal Tap, well, it's the same three guys just now a band called The Folksmen. Makes great fun of the folk scene. Great music also.

"There's a mighty wind a blowin', it's blowin you and me".

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Where the cave Tulps................................Tell me its not the Beech Caves

Well, memory failure....chatting with an old friend who says it wasn't Weston Coyney after all. Are Beech Caves at a place called Park Hall?

I can't place it now but the one thing that does stick with me is that the entrance is pretty wide and high and the back of the cave had a natural ledge running across it. Almost like a mini stage.

He also thinks it could've been in Derbyshire somewhere but I swear that was outside at a country park so confusion set in.
I'm sure you'll know that a lot of those days have a tendency to merge. Like the old 60s cliché goes....if you remember, you weren't really there!
It's going to bug me now!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

He also thinks it could've been in Derbyshire somewhere but I swear that was outside at a country park so confusion set in.
I'm sure you'll know that a lot of those days have a tendency to merge. Like the old 60s cliché goes....if you remember, you weren't really there!

Oh yeah totally agree it's all a blur them days in the 80 /90's flip time. It might well be Park Hall, I was more leaning to the Caves on the A34 on the way to Stone. Some bashes there back in the day. Think they still go on but more into cups of tea and biscuits these days
Oh my life they just mentioned the name on the BBC2 traffic news an accident there, Tittensor near the Monkey Forrest
That's where the caves are

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Monkey Forest

Tittensor

Our overseas friends will think we're making this stuff up!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Total classic all the names
Sits next to the Duke of Sutherland too

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join