It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Monday For The Climatistas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

And what is your theory based on? Fossil fuel propaganda?

The excess CO2 is indeed coming from human activity, mostly burning fossil fuels. This has been discussed over and over on here in many threads you have particated in. No need for me to waste my time to provide the information that proves excess CO2 is from human activity, as you will simply ignore it.

Anyone who claims the excess CO2 is not from human activity, with the amount of information available, is either pushing an agenda or just too dense to understand basic science.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

And what is your theory based on? Fossil fuel propaganda?

The excess CO2 is indeed coming from human activity, mostly burning fossil fuels. This has been discussed over and over on here in many threads you have particated in. No need for me to waste my time to provide the information that proves excess CO2 is from human activity, as you will simply ignore it.

Anyone who claims the excess CO2 is not from human activity, with the amount of information available, is either pushing an agenda or just too dense to understand basic science.

this is simply not being honest. The excess CO2, if there is an excess, is PARTLY coming from human activity. Claiming it is all from humans is an absolute falsehood. Using your same accusation, to claim it is ALL from human activity is either pushing an agenda or too dense to understand basic science.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bronco73

You are simply being willfully ignorant.

280ppm to 405ppm is a significant increase.

There are thousands of published works that conclude human activity is the root cause of the excess CO2 we are observing.

whatsyourimpact.org...

Due to human activities, the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide has been rising extensively since the Industrial Revolution and has now reached dangerous levels not seen in the last 3 million years.1 2 3 Human sources of carbon dioxide emissions are much smaller than natural emissions but they have upset the natural balance that existed for many thousands of years before the influence of humans.

This is because natural sinks remove around the same quantity of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere than are produced by natural sources.4 This had kept carbon dioxide levels balanced and in a safe range. But human sources of emissions have upset the natural balance by adding extra carbon dioxide to the atmosphere without removing any.

Sources:
1. Le Quéré, C., A. K. Jain, M. R. Raupach, J. Schwinger, S. Sitch, B. D. Stocker, N. Viovy, S. Zaehle, C. Huntingford, P. Friedlingstein, R. J. Andres, T. Boden, C. Jourdain, T. Conway, R. A. Houghton, J. I. House, G. Marland, G. P. Peters, G. Van Der Werf, A. Ahlström, R. M. Andrew, L. Bopp, J. G. Canadell, E. Kato, P. Ciais, S. C. Doney, C. Enright, N. Zeng, R. F. Keeling, K. Klein Goldewijk, S. Levis, P. Levy, M. Lomas, and B. Poulter. "The global carbon budget 1959–2011." Earth System Science Data Discussions 5, no. 2 (2012): 1107-1157.

2. "What Does 400 ppm Look Like?" Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego. scripps.ucsd.edu... (accessed August 5, 2014).

3. R. S. W. Van De Wal, B. De Boer, L. J. Lourens, P. Köhler, and R. Bintanja. "Reconstruction of a continuous high-resolution CO2 record over the past 20 million years." Climate of the Past 7, no. 4 (2011): 1459-1469.

4.a. b. c. d. e. f. Denman, K.L., G. Brasseur, A. Chidthaisong, P. Ciais, P.M. Cox, R.E. Dickinson, D. Hauglustaine, C. Heinze, E. Holland, D. Jacob, U. Lohmann, S Ramachandran, P.L. da Silva Dias, S.C. Wofsy and X. Zhang. Couplings Between Changes in the Climate System and Biogeochemistry. In: Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA, 2007.

5.a. b. c. d. e. f. International Energy Agency. CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion 2012. Paris: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, 2012.

edit on 29-6-2017 by jrod because: Messed up tag

edit on 29-6-2017 by jrod because: A

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

no, willfully ignorant is reading this: " Due to human activities, the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide has been rising extensively since the Industrial Revolution and has now reached dangerous levels not seen in the last 3 million years.", and from that inferring that all increases in carbon dioxide are due solely and completely to man.

Especially when your own cite, the link that YOU posted says this:

"Apart from being created by human activities, carbon dioxide is also released into the atmosphere by natural processes. The Earth's oceans, soil, plants, animals and volcanoes are all natural sources of carbon dioxide emissions."

"Human sources of carbon dioxide are much smaller than natural emissions but they upset the balance in the carbon cycle that existed before the Industrial Revolution."

"There are both natural and human sources of carbon dioxide emissions. Natural sources include decomposition, ocean release and respiration. Human sources come from activities like cement production, deforestation as well as the burning of fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas."

Your own cite is virtually littered with information that proves that any increases in carbon dioxide are due to BOTH man and nature. You've disproved yourself with your own cite.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Not inferring all the excess CO2 is from human activity, but most, over 90%.

To deny this reality, with all the information available is embracing ignorance.
edit on 4-7-2017 by jrod because: Idiots

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Not inferring all the excess CO2 is from human activity, but most, over 90%.

To deny this reality, with all the information available is embracing ignorance.

I wouldn't even agree to that, but that is not what you said. You said it ALL was due to humans. not 90 percent, not 50 percent, but all of it. Just a few replies up you said this:

"The excess CO2 is indeed coming from human activity, mostly burning fossil fuels. This has been discussed over and over on here in many threads you have particated in. No need for me to waste my time to provide the information that proves excess CO2 is from human activity, as you will simply ignore it.

Anyone who claims the excess CO2 is not from human activity, with the amount of information available, is either pushing an agenda or just too dense to understand basic science. "

When I replied that it was partly due to humans, not all of it you replied with another post calling me "willfully ignorant". It is you who is attempting to push an agenda, not the others.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You are making a strawman argument instead of addressing facts.

Good night!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join