It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micky Dees now has FRESH BEEF - As Opposed to What?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
[snipped]... you guys forgot about a little thing called "THE CONSPIRACIES!"

So I thought, for your Friday night enjoyment, a review.. of the NEW McDonalds Quarter Pounder® with Cheese... NOW FEATURING FRESH BEEF!!! (more on that later)

With this new regime, my first observation is that the food is no longer fast. The waiting spots adjacent to the drive thru, built some years ago, are now being put to good use. There must have been 3 or 4 cars waiting for a Quarter Pounder®.

"Could you please pull forward, we're cooking the beef".

My second observation... inside the newly branded "FRESH BEEF" cardboard box.. the burger came wrapped in a little wax paper! HOW FANCY! As I held the burger in my hand, I thought, this looks great. It was hot. It was mildly juicy. It had great flavor.

Let's face it, McDonalds is derishush

The meat tasted fine... not incredibly different from the previous generation of Quarter Pounder®. The taste resembled that of another "non frozen all fresh propagandized beef product" from a competitor who may or may not remind you of MOM.

So really... no complaints... I'm not sure it was MUCH better than the previous Quarter Pounder® that required no waiting but I applaud their efforts to improve existing menu items rather than bloating the #$@# out of it with stuff no one wanted or asked for.

And yet... I sit here... digesting... and my brain is the one that starts churning.

When it comes to our burgers, we mean business. 100% real beef patties that have no fillers, additives or preservatives are the foundation for every Hamburger and Cheeseburger we proudly serve.

...if the famed Quarter Pounder® now features fresh beef with no fillers, additives, or preservatives... what uh... what was in it before?

I expect results from you ATSers. Dig. Find out what they were serving us before. I'm the guinea pig, I did my job, I ate the friggin thing.

Anyway... hope you enjoyed this diversion... now back to your regularly scheduled boring ass political programming.

ps... has anyone ever had a Quarter Pounder® WITHOUT cheese? What... what would that be like?
edit on Fri Jun 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Fresh as opposed to frozen.

Also its still probably not all beef, some filler.

As for cook time, it will be faster. Not that it matters as they cook a batch and put it in warmers.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Test that theory, buy a new QP, let it set for weeks or even months. If it doesnt rot, then they lied.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Did that with a Krispy Kreme donut one time... left it in the back of my van. Forgot about it and found it 6 months later.

It hadn't changed a bit. Still looked edible.

I didn't eat it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

fresh beef

thats it ??? the entire point of your thread

FFS - thats scraping the bottom of a bottomless barrel

people use pointless adjectives all the time

go for a walk - and count the number of cafes // restreraunts // take-aways that proclaim to offer " good food " etc etc etc

as opposed to " bad food " ????????????????

its just a word - and as stated in reply one - they may be attempting to claim that no frozen meat is used

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Fresh, in this case, means never frozen. Like Wendy's.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I expect results from you ATSers. Dig. Find out what they were serving us before. I'm the guinea pig, I did my job, I ate the friggin thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I wonder what kind of chemical preservative they are using to keep it "Fresh". You realize that they could get sued if they ever served something that was medically proven as the cause of injury or death.

I have put a lot of thought into how they preserve foods for so long these days.

It has been proven that many of the larger food producers use irradiation to prevent shelf degradation. I even figured out that the "Organic" lettuce in many of the larger retailers is irradiated. There's one example I can think of off hand. If you have a Sam's membership, there are those "Organic" lettuces in rectangular plastic clear containers (I don't remember the specific brand name). Go there and buy one of those and leave it in the fridge for a month! I found some I forgot about on the bottom shelf of the fridge that had been there for a month, and I noticed how fresh it STILL looked! I opened it, and only 2 of the leaves were browned. Those 2 leaves were also beginning to rot- getting slimy, like lettuce does after it browns, but NOTHING else in the container was rotting. I suppose those 2 leaves didn't get irradiated enough to prevent them from rotting! The reason I post this here is because if someone else can try the experiment themselves and verify it on this thread, or make a thread if they find what I found-that would be fantastic!

My hypothesis is that they probably use irradiation to serve "Fresh Beef" at Mickey D's. Most types of the food irradiation that I have read about is beamed (through light I believe). The FDA says it is in quantities that are "safe" for human consumption. All I know is that I don't think I have ever seen irradiation help any plant. I think it would work as an extreme preservative, while at the same time killing all of the nutrition and or nutrients OR converting the nutrients into irradiated particles!
edit on 6/16/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/16/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

I wonder what kind of chemical preservative they are using to keep it "Fresh".

It's called 'refrigeration'.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Excellent post my friend! Thank you!

This might be one of those things where we don't really WANT to know? I mean we do but jesus, the consequences could be dire.

I'm fairly certain sausage links from Sams/Costco are SERIOUSLY contaminated. I remember puking some at a memorial day party and it tasted like Acetaminophen. I kid you not.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Big Macs changed as well a little while back, they are even better now if thats even possible. When the new ones came out, i ordered and ate 6 at one sitting lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

I wonder what kind of chemical preservative they are using to keep it "Fresh".

It's called 'refrigeration'.

Yup.

My Auntie manages her own McDonalds franchise, when I went to visit her at her store I helped her out in the cold room, many many boxes of frozen Big Mac burgers, fillet of fishes etc etc.

Now it gets delivered fresh daily by trucks, just like KFC Chicken.

That is all.

Cold room before - Delivered Daily by truck fresh Now.

Side Note - Has anyone ever had pure Coke syrup before the water is added? I almost had a seizure.

edit on 16-6-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

You know that's not all there is to the equation. The preservative game is still being played long after it's put in the bag and out the door.

How do you account for the 6 month old Krispy Kreme that looked identical?

Has anyone ever had pure Coke syrup before the water is added? I almost had a seizure.

Haven't tasted it, but I was always surprised at how f-ing heavy those bags were!

edit on 16-6-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It has a preservative in it, probably? Doesn't bother me.

A lot of things are preservatives - Salt, artificial sugars, herbs and spices, many common ingredients can act as preservatives.

Difference in "artificial" and "Natural" - They only usually state that it has no artificial ones, not naturally occurring.
edit on 16-6-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Ok... the point we're making is this...

If you made a sandwich at home... and then left it in the back of your car for a month... you can bet it would mold and get really raunchy.

If you put a burger from a restaurant in the back of your car for a month... and it looked the same...

... that wouldn't bother you? Doesn't that kind of prove that there might be something in there that could potentially be toxic or less than desirable?

edit on 16-6-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Actually its just a variation of pink slime , I believe they refer to as pastel goo.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I think the solution is to grow your own food - Until it becomes contaminated with your neighbors spraying chemicals if you care about that. They want more and more to make that kind of thing illegal.

I agree with you about contaminated meats in marketplaces like the biggies you mentioned. They also inject red 40 food dye into meat to give it that nice bloody red look! Meat really doesn't look THAT red when is cut fresh. Ever cooked a steak that looked nice raw, and cooked down to something MUCH smaller? They are also allowed to inject meat with water and saline, and a number of other ingredients. The food industry these days is scary if you dig deep!

The REAL meat contamination you have to worry about is Prions. Those are protein fragments that can have all sorts of negative (and permanent in some cases) medical conditions. One example that you have heard of in the last few years is MAD COW DISEASE! I remember hearing about that a BUNCH during the Clinton administration.

You don't seem to hear about those sorts of things very often these days, but I assure you that there are farmers that feed pigs to pigs and beef to beef! That's how prions in the harvested meat end up in the food chain! I went through a SIGNIFICANT reduction in meat and dairy products (milk, etc.), and I've felt better since then! Best wishes to you friend!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I understand what you mean.

Think of a mass made consumer product like milk - they super heat it beyond the temps required to make sure that a product that goes out to 10s of million of people daily does not make anyone sick, as if it did there would be MANY deaths involved.

It is similar to large fast food stores and them finding the balance of preservatives (natural or not) and different techniques during production to make the food sterile for large consumption.

Most of the meat no longer contains any of the normal bacteria responsible for causing rot and degradation that you would see with normal at home in your fridge foods.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Wow... never heard that word before. Looked it up...

Prions are infectious agents composed entirely of a protein material that can fold in multiple, structurally abstract ways, at least one of which is transmissible to other prion proteins, leading to disease in a manner that is epidemiologically comparable to the spread of viral infection.

WIKI - PRION

As for growing your own food... man... I wish. I know that's the solution but modern society and values make it damn near impossible. I've got family in the country that grows a lot and it's an ENORMOUS amount of work on top of climbing the corporate ladder and making that moola.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join