It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice President Pence hires outside counsel to deal with Russia inquiries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It APPEARS that this "Russia affair"" isn't going away SOON enough. News today that VP Pence has a NEW lawyer!

Mike Pence has hired McGuireWoods' Richard Cullen as outside legal counsel to handle inquiries related to the special counsel investigation into Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 election, NBC News has confirmed.

Isn't Cullen considered a better lawyer than Trump's "civil attorney" Kasowitz?

Anyway...about him:

Cullen previously served as attorney general of Virginia. He was also appointed as U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia under President George H.W. Bush.
Link

The rumor is that WH staffers are SCRAMBLING to retain council TOO...
edit on 15-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Pretty standard practice, don't see the issue. If the treasonous leftist obstructionist seek to overthrow our democratically elected President, we need all the legal help needed.

Another slanderous piece, clearly you've become triggered at some point and felt the need to be the liberal social voice here and continue your slanderous onslaught. I suppose it was bound to happen what with the former liberal master mouthpieces themselves become wary and too tired to continue on, but you, you on the otherhand relish in taking that torch, get a grip.

No S, No F

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Really people, If all of this Russia stuff is fake, why in the hell are so many lawyers involved. If its fake, you would not need a lawyer. The Russian stuff is REAL, the POTUS should be upset the Russians had ANYTHING to do with our elections at all, instead he tells you its fake, and then tweets about "crooked Hillary" yet AGAIN today. People who still think he is on the up and up, just don't want to see what is RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. In fact his approval rating went down again.

The Russians have no business hacking anything of ours period. This is not okay. Any other U.S. president would have wanted to get to the bottom of it. Seriously people. Nope he would rather just bring up Hillary, who last time I checked lost the election, and he is president. trump will be found out.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Pretty standard practice, don't see the issue. If the treasonous leftist obstructionist seek to overthrow our democratically elected President, we need all the legal help needed.

Agreed standard practice. Don't see the reason for namecalling...Unless you don't care if the entire executive branch are Russian shills. In that case, that would make you the treasonous one, right?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And we have no business interfering with other countries elections, but we do it all the time.
Seems almost like standard practice at this point.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Nice move Pence just keep them all guessing and speculating. It's so satisfying to watch the MSM crash and burn because they have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. No more inside scoops from their beloved ass kisser Obama. Must be really hard for them to do actual journalism again well they fail miserably but at least they are trying kinda.

Please keep it up maybe one day the MSM realizes that they have to hire real neutral journalists with integrity or they will just fade into obscurity. I'm pretty happy with both scenarios.

I know i said i will neither gloat or rub it in peoples faces when all this bs is laid to rest but people like the OP or Kurthall make it very difficult. For now i just stick to laughing my ass off. They are already backtracking from all the impeachment cries well they didn't really think that one through. Too late.

I'm always right and it feels f#cking amazing.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

No one is going to overthrow anyone unless there is a good reason, and then Trump would have to be impeached by both Republicans and Democrats. There is still the possibility that he obstructed justice and the possibility that he or someone else on his campaign colluded with Russia.

At any rate, the only ones trying to overthrow our Democracy are the Russians, who made a grand attempt at rigging our elections in 2016 and will be back in 2018 and 2020.

As I said, Trump is being investigated now, but no one is going to impeach him unless there is a good reason. According to Comey, he wasn't under investigation until he tried to get Comey to shut down the investigation into Flynn. As far as the words "I hope you can let this go" go, they have been used to prosecute people before.

As far as getting legal help goes, it is a good step, even though I don't think Pence has any Russian ties.
edit on 15pmThu, 15 Jun 2017 20:30:02 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
OMG this is an admission of guilt, even though the FBI director just essentially told us there is nothing there.

Damn, Democrip's are thick. Real thick like concrete level thick.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

There is a very great video on YouTube I've posted a couple times on ATS. It's of a college law class lecture. The lecture given is split between the professor and a 25 year veteran detective...Side note my phone just guessed I meant to say detective after I spelled veteran, like why would it be that...Anyway... The gist of the lecture was never talk to police and both lectureers were in agreement with the fact you never talk to police. So I would bet those savy enough to make it in the political world know what's up.

heres the vid
edit on 15-6-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Whats the problem with him hiring lawyers? Seems a rather standard thing to do, the left will hyperventilate over this for a while then move onto some other witch hunt, all the time forgetting that they should be looking at their own party and why it's crumbling down around them, dissolving into a big fat nothingburger. Bannon is correct, 50 year dynasty coming up. The leftist swine will just have to accept it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What do you all think about congressman scalise being airlifted to the same place as Seth rich where trump made sure to visit with his whitehouse doctor.
edit on 15-6-2017 by flyingdutchman2112 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2017 by flyingdutchman2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Standard practice.

You refer everything to your attorney so you can DO YOUR FREAKIN' JOB while your attorney takes care of all the bullspit details thrown at you daily.

The democrats are trying to overwhelm with lawsuits one right after the other. There is basically nothing to this, but it ties up one's time, energy, and money. He has no choice but to hire an attorney to take care of the BS.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

obama also had his own lawyer.... never had too much need for him, but he made sure he had one. maybe if the trump and his administration had lawyered up earlier, they could have avoided quite a few headaches.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
They need lawyers because they cannot spend 37 hours of a 24 hour day where they have to work for up to 16 hours, and sleep for at least five answering ridiculous tabloid news about made up deep state CIA propaganda bull# produced from the global engagement center. Now they can simply defer to counsel, and spend all of their time playing the broken record parrot game, as that is what they are paid to do so others can actually work the job they were hired for.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

As my lawyer once told me, "The government could indict a ham sandwich".

Prudent advice is that if you are being investigated, GET A LAWYER!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Theyre all lawyering up because this article from the other week was NOT fake news
observer.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Yeah.. That article doesn't say anything definitive. Just a bunch of speculation.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Let's be honest....

Most people who are charged in a special council investigation are charged for little tiny things. Anyone in the crosshairs needs a lawyer to make sure this does not happen

Although it sounds stupid, and I am making it up, here is an example...the sc asks the defendant what time he arrived at x location. He replies 6:30pm. Sc says no, the video shows 6:30am. Even though it was a slip of the tongue, prob due to stress, you are now charged with perjury.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Good reason? Lmfao, have you been paying attention? You yourself is politically biased, your word is no different from liberals who try to obstruct.

You even fell for the fake russian collusion narrative. Naw, the leftist liberals are doing everything in their power to get rid of our democratically elected President.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Fake news, qouted WaPo.

top topics

join