It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Sheriff Declares “THIS IS WAR!” Tells Americans To Arm Up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

He is admitting that in his area people may be sitting ducks if they just wait for the police to respond. Some people live in areas where a large, speedy police presence is not available. I think his honesty, though not politically correct, is commendable.

Well yah, sure...

...except like I said, they attack places they know people aren't allowed to have guns, like movie theaters, nightclubs, airports, rehab hospitals, the friggin world trade center, the friggin boston marathon... just a few.

But think of it, what can your measly pistol in your concealed holster do to a two ton truck driving 60 mph? Or a jet liner doing 400?

Further: Attacks wth explosives are over before anyone can react as well.

Still...what would you have him rather do ? Be silent ? Its the best he can do...is offer sound advice. Im not usually pro gun person myself...but some of it makes.sense...depending on where you live. All the while im perfectly aware of the dangers...i think your angst is misplaced with this well meaning sheriff.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I am perfectly safe. No criminal would dare ignore this.

You do know thats enticement to come in right? And you can be charged for it if you have that up and kill a criminal who comes in after seeing it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Can I be charged for this?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Do you even really need to ask?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Dam stimpy

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Then don't go into a gay club and get drunk defenseless. Duh.

I don't live my life in fear but i also don't exist in wreckless abandon.

So you go to gay clubs... Was everyone drunk in the one with the Florida attack?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

HAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry while I laugh til I CRY!

That guy is a tool! I lived in Brevard and hated it! The people for the most part are idiots. Lots and LOTS of drugs there. They are still trying to recoup from the space program going under and the crash of 2008. I despised that area and every time I have to go there my body shivers!

If you knew the kind of people who live in Brevard you would see why this guy said what he said. They are idiots. I'm saying this from personal living experience in the hell hole known as Brevard. What a joke.

This made me laugh and I had to reply! Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

My neighbor is British and they do not believe in guns, so one night we debated it since I'm retired military and have lots. At the end all I asked was if the SHTF where are you going, and they smiled and said my house...lol

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

If you knew the kind of people who live in Brevard you would see why this guy said what he said.

I had to laugh at your post, mainly because a lot of it is true.

Brevard County probably got hit the hardest with the housing bubble than most other counties. The unemployment rate there is very high, and recovery has been extremely slow. It is a community made up largely of older White men, a large number of them being Veterans.

The Sheriff does not have to make a call to purchase arms, his community is likely well armed enough, his biggest problem if something did go down would be control.

While on some level you have to laugh, on another level it makes you want to cry.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: face23785

My neighbor is British and they do not believe in guns, so one night we debated it since I'm retired military and have lots. At the end all I asked was if the SHTF where are you going, and they smiled and said my house...lol

Had that exact conversation with my artsy, ballet studio owning friends - got the exact same reply. They don't seem to see the irony or hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Si vis pacem, para bellum

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprimevoyager
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Reminds me of what my mother used to always say.

"If you want a clean house, you have to be prepared to make a mess."

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I heard his next appearance is at Cal Berkley.

Just kidding, everyone knows that mass murders stay away from Berkley because of the insanity.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You are a damned fool if you are not armed anyway. I even bought my ex-wives guns to keep and carry. EVERY American (save for maybe violent felons) HAVE the right to bear arms and should absolutely exercise this right everyday they draw breath.
I have had to defend myself with a firearm in the past and might not be here to make this statement if I had tried to "talk things out". Force begets force, or here is another platitude for ya, an armed society is a polite society. (If everyone has a gun and nobody wants to get shot, a##holes start minding their manners with a quickness)
edit on 13-6-2017 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Then don't go into a gay club and get drunk defenseless. Duh.

I don't live my life in fear but i also don't exist in wreckless abandon.

So you go to gay clubs... Was everyone drunk in the one with the Florida attack?

I used to DJ many moons ago and yes some of them were gay clubs. Yes most were drunk among other things.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

A Florida Sheriff’s video, which urges civilians to arm themselves and prepare for war, is quickly making the rounds on social media. But he has a point when one listens logically. He warns that when a mass murderer strikes, the government won’t immediately be there to save you; it’ll be your job to save yourself.

The tone in Europe seems to be that everyone should just go on with their lives and embrace the multi-cultural diversity of trucks slamming into groups of people every now and then. Meanwhile, the Elites need to continue their resource grab in the 3rd world, and filling Europe with a new, cheap, ungrateful labour force.

And let's not forget the Evil Internet! Filled with pipes that are clogged with hate speech, trolls and every other offense that should be shut down or in the very least be punishable with law.

"Let's turn the Western World into a two-layer composite of a slum with cheap slave labour, and our blessed selves on top. Enjoy your insects, slaves! We'll just shut our bullet proof windows and keep eating our steaks."

Instead on looking closer at the problem - what's causing the violence, and realizing that maybe, just maybe this whole "cultural enrichment" is a bastard child of futility - the situation is being used for all it's worth to slowly but surely shut down our liberties. Free speech? Leads to hate speech! Can't have that. Internet? Leads to terrorism. Can't have that without serious censorship of content.

There's all this talk of "Net Neutrality", but in reality it's just a smoke screen for getting control with someting that has allowed the general population to scrutinize, critizise and talk about anything and everything we want and need to.

No matter if the perpetrators are self-radicalized, mass-brainwashed religious nut jobs or Mk-Ultra style programmed robots, I think a population damn well ought to fight back - defend itself and make a statement against the shaping of society into what surely fits into a New World Order style nightmare for anyone but the Elites.

S+F

edit on 13-6-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Claning up quote.

edit on 13-6-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Personally I think this guy sounds like he needs a different job or a long vacation. First of all he's the LEO and it's his job to handle attacks on innocent people. If we're all doing that ourselves WTF do we need him for??? We need to stop paying this guy for doing a job he obviously can't handle.

Second of all, he's too vague about what he's talking about. Mass Murderers and killers have always been here and doing what they do. This isn't anything new. In fact, it's why we hire guys like him to protect us and stop such people in the first place.

Third, I've never met any sane LEO who openly would suggest the idea that all citizens arm up and get ready to attack whatever would be killers they believe are just outside their door. That is just asking for innocent people to get hurt in the process including officers who are out doing their jobs. The last thing most cops want is for every single citizen they come across to be armed and scared and looking for some enemy that might be around every corner.

This guy is saying some really dumb stuff IMO. He's just going to get a lot of people worked up about some unknown alleged threat which may or may not ever happen. He should be calming people down not making them more scared and suggesting they get ready for Urban War at any time.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If we're all doing that ourselves WTF do we need him for???

I knew you were a smart cookie!!

Third, I've never met any sane LEO who openly would suggest the idea that all citizens arm up and get ready to attack whatever would be killers they believe are just outside their door.

I could offer anecdotal evidence to the contrary. For sake of argument, I'll just disagree.

The last thing most cops want is for every single citizen they come across to be armed and scared and looking for some enemy that might be around every corner.

I don't disagree. However I would wager that they would like to be able to know and not have it be a surprise.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

No anecdotal evidence needed. Just go ask a cop if he likes the idea of all citizens being armed all time. He'll tell you hell no. Because he interacts with citizens every day and knows how irresponsible and stupid most of them are.

Now if you're talking about responsible people, sure, we wouldn't need cops anymore and society would be completely different. But that's not how things are.

I mean I see dozens of idiots every day who'd just be way more dangerous if they were walking around town armed all the time. I'd be more afraid of them tripping on a shoelace and shooting me on accident than some killer getting me.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

No anecdotal evidence needed. Just go ask a cop if he likes the idea of all citizens being armed all time. He'll tell you hell no. Because he interacts with citizens every day and knows how irresponsible and stupid most of them are.

Like I said, I disagree and the only proof I have is anecdotal. I know a few.

I mean I see dozens of idiots every day who'd just be way more dangerous if they were walking around town armed all the time. I'd be more afraid of them tripping on a shoelace and shooting me on accident than some killer getting me.

*Looks at your location...chuckles*

Well the the argument to that would be how dangerous would they be if they were inclined to believe everyone else was armed. I'd be fine knowing plenty of them couldn't afford the firearms themselves let alone the ammunition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join