It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Look at Puma Punku and the H-Block Mystery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: micpsi
The implication of the latter is that buildings once existed that exhibited a level of civilisation far higher that what orthodox archaeology is willing to admit. Let us not ignore the following vital point in the secondary question of whether H-blocks were meant to fit together and in similar technical questions about their function: the official history of ancient South American sites like Pumu Punku is bunk.

What higher intelligence? What higher advancement? We are still only talking about masonry and basic stool. Humans in the past were very good with stone all over the world. It wasn't like they were less intelligent than today, just less advance, but the intelligence was there.

I agree.

It is important not to discount the power of specialization. If all your society is putting its mental assets into is stone work, you would probably think of some pretty novel methods of working with that medium.

The modern world has many materials to work with, and so our collective intellect goes in thousands of directions, instead of being focused on just the one.

The people who would have studied stone work in their world, in our world they choose instead of put their efforts into working with iron, because that is the most useful medium we have now. But stone was their most useful medium.

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: ChrisM101
Why megalithic construction at all though? If you have the technology to precisely cut large stones, why would you not cut hundreds of smaller stones that could be moved by one person at a time at approximately 100# each As the rest of the construction was.

Because the quarrying and shaping of stones is what took the longest time and most work to accomplish.
It's easier to cut large stones and drag them than it is to cut 10 times as many smaller stones and carry them.

Harte

That is an interesting possibility. Although it requires them to have possessed a good means of transporting it.

Which seems to be the part that has been lost to the ages.

originally posted by: Wolfenz
what gets me is the Complex Work of the Stones in Puma Punku

to me and a few other here on ATS way back when on a few thread s

Look as if the H Blocks were Manufactured in assembly line

were placed in a mold and Poured. all Perfect & Accurate

and Interlocking Pieces ,

but what I noticed the Stonework looks as if its closely related to the ruins of Axum Ethiopia

If they were building smaller scale models, then perhaps they were incredibly skilled at measuring, and able to precisely follow a blue print?

They must have had a way of accurately expanding the model to a larger scale, maybe..... drawing the larger scale onto paper or animal skin and then holding the paper/skin over the stone as they cut it?

Of course the skins would decompose, but the stone scale model remains.

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

Let's not ignore one very fundamental principle about moving large stones.

Moving them was EASY! We simply lost the simple tech (which science is bringing back in labs after so much time has passed) of sound.

Sounding a shofar in Jericho brought walls down but it can also levitate objects if the proper note is sounded whether heard or simply a vibratory tool...

Some legends also speak of powder being used.

Look at the type of stone quarried... if they used levitation sound tech then the hardest part was cutting the stone.

If our ancestors learned this technique, it was lost but there are legends that speak of floating stones.

One old guy figured it out in Fl.

Even if sound couldn't make something actually float in the air, it could conceivably remove all, or most, of the friction between surfaces, so you can slide the stone along a flat plane.

I've seen large machines moved in a Microprocessor factory by pumping a small amount of air under them. They slid around on the flat floor as easily as if they had had a wheels under them.

But also if something is vibrating, it might build up packets of air under it.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm seeing 9 foot giants using a version of Tibetan chanting and using giant 30 foot horns to levitate and move stones....
edit on 10-3-2019 by Sahasrara because: didn't finish sentence.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The implication of the latter is that buildings once existed that exhibited a level of civilisation far higher that what orthodox archaeology is willing to admit. Let us not ignore the following vital point in the secondary question of whether H-blocks were meant to fit together and in similar technical questions about their function: the official history of ancient South American sites like Pumu Punku is bunk.

What higher intelligence? What higher advancement? We are still only talking about masonry and basic stool. Humans in the past were very good with stone all over the world. It wasn't like they were less intelligent than today, just less advance, but the intelligence was there.

Higher intelligence than that displayed by archaeologists when they absurdly believe that such feats of machine-cut H-blocks were carved with bronze or copper chisels and simple hammers. You beg the point that those responsible for Pumu Punku were less advanced than us when it comes to carving andasite. The actual evidence contradicts what you want to believe. I have heard highly experienced engineers say that the level of precision displayed in some of the artifacts at Pumu Punku could only have been achieved with power-operated machines. Not only were these people just as intelligent as us (If not more so), they were just as advanced AS WELL (if not more so). Such a shame it does not fit your myopic view of history based upon the false premise that humans advance steadily over time. Evolution is spiky, not smooth.
edit on 10-3-2019 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Higher intelligence than that displayed by archaeologists when they absurdly believe that such feats of machine-cut H-blocks were carved with bronze or copper chisels and simple hammers. You beg the point that those responsible for Pumu Punku were less advanced than us when it comes to carving andasite. The actual evidence contradicts what you want to believe. I have heard highly experienced engineers say that the level of precision displayed in some of the artifacts at Pumu Punku could only have been achieved with power-operated machines. Not only were these people just as intelligent as us (If not more so), they were just as advanced AS WELL (if not more so). Such a shame it does not fit your myopic view of history based upon the false premise that humans advance steadily over time. Evolution is spiky, not smooth.

It is your "myopic view" that doesn't fit with any known facts or evidence.
Let's not pretend that you've examined these stones like Protzen has. As I said earlier in this thread - there is evidence of the use of punches and chisels in the way the insets are undercut.
And many of the stones still show marks like scrapes and gouges from being dragged to the site. That's not exactly high tech is it? Also, partially finished stones have been found in the quarry that demonstrate how they quarried and shaped the stones. Maybe you should read the link I gave before you talk about how other people have low intelligence. I'd wager that you are far more ignorant concerning Tiwanaku than even the average curious person.

What method they used to smooth those inset surfaces is what is not known. The large exterior surfaces being flat is easily explainable.

Harte
edit on 3/10/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

edit on 3/10/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Apparently it appears that the volcanic basalt has some sort of pollen and vegetation in it. Which seems to make it look like a geopolymer, as it would be impossible for volcanic basalt to have it inside.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Higher intelligence than that displayed by archaeologists when they absurdly believe that such feats of machine-cut H-blocks were carved with bronze or copper chisels and simple hammers. You beg the point that those responsible for Pumu Punku were less advanced than us when it comes to carving andasite. The actual evidence contradicts what you want to believe. I have heard highly experienced engineers say that the level of precision displayed in some of the artifacts at Pumu Punku could only have been achieved with power-operated machines.

Power operated machines would probably be LESS precise than a skilled artisan, painstaking carving with chisel and hammer, one gentle knick at a time.

The willingness to conform so strictly to straight lines is interesting, though. They would only know for sure that they had gotten it right when it came time to fit the parts together.

Consider that along side the Nasca lines, and we get a picture of a society that was very comfortable using measuring devices, and putting their faith in the outcome. (Since they had no way to check and see if the shapes they were drawing for the Gods were actually going to look like they were supposed to.)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Harte

Apparently it appears that the volcanic basalt has some sort of pollen and vegetation in it. Which seems to make it look like a geopolymer, as it would be impossible for volcanic basalt to have it inside.

The stones are andesite and sandstone (vast majority is sandstone.) Why are you on about basalt?

Harte

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

What about the Unidentified Human Species that may have Created it ? ......Hmm........

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
there are only 4 H blocks, i hate that ancient aliens add extra ones to suit them

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212
there are only 4 H blocks, i hate that ancient aliens add extra ones to suit them

I count 8 but I think there is one more. Go to 3:26

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join