It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN cuts ties with Reza Aslan following anti-Trump tweets

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Xcathdra

It is about time networks start getting rid of these people who act like anything other than a civilized person.

So much for the Free Speech the right wingers constantly cry about huh? It's ok to stifle Free Speech as long as it fits your parties agenda right?
The guy tells the truth and gets canned for it that sucks.

CNN is under no obligation to continue employment for anyone.

Free speech as outlined in the constitution is not a free pass to embarrass your employer. What you say can have consequences in your private life and often does. Let me know when I or the government make a concerted effort to stifle his free speech by discussing his ignorance and the consequences of that ignorance.
edit on 10 6 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Calling Trump a POS shouldn't get you fired.

He was probably just liquored up at the time, having a bad week.

This isn't even remotely in the same category as what's her name and self shrinking head gimmick.

The news shouldn't be viewed as a circus act, no holds barred verbal vomit contest. News needs to be more professional, and presented with facts. It shouldn't be a platform for people to just act like idiots to appeal to the baser instincts of their viewers.

Imagine if half of this kind of crap happened when Obama was in office. Everybody would be labelled racist, and if Kathy Griffin or some other actor had pulled the same stunt, they would probably have the secret service all over them, then be audited by the IRS immediately after.

The point is, people are just acting like children. When they don't get their way, they just scream louder.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Id wager some advertiser mentioned that if the crazy town attacks continued they would have to start pulling their AD money from CNN.

Not many bosses on the planet would choose a fringe employee over money in pocket.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It is about time networks start getting rid of these people who act like anything other than a civilized person.

So much for the Free Speech the right wingers constantly cry about huh? It's ok to stifle Free Speech as long as it fits your parties agenda right?

It was his "free speech" that got him fired. As a matter of fact it was his free speech over the years that resulted in his termination.
edit on 10-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
It is about time networks start getting rid of these people who act like anything other than a civilized person. Now MSNBC needs to get with the program and deal with some of their problem children.

If you're fine with this, I take it you're fine with what happened to O'Reiley and nearly Hannity? Seeing as how it's the exact same thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Not even close to the same thing... Hannity was targeted by the left over Seth Rich conspiracy and O'reilly was let go over sexual harassment issues that were settled.

I dont recall O'reilly nor Hannity calling the president a "piece of sh*t" or advocating the rape of individuals.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

They were fired, and nearly fired over their personal and professional conduct. Same thing as what CNN fired this guy over.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

He can stay as far as I care, I don't watch Commie News Network. But you may want to take your tissues and puppy over to CNN, see if they have a safe space for you, and you can ask them why they canned him. Perhaps it is about advertising $.

hey hey....you forgot to use the word "triggered".....you're slipping up....for your punishment,go to the back of the room, turn on your radio, and listen to Hannity for 6 hours, that'll get you back on the insult wagon....geez, that was a close one

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

They were fired, and nearly fired over their personal and professional conduct. Same thing as what CNN fired this guy over.

Not quite but whatever works for ya.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

As other posters have stated already, he was fired for representing CNN in a bad light. Like someone pointed out, a AD sponsor could have told CNN execs to get "their stuff together" or they would start pulling money. In the end of the day he is suppose to be a reporter and report the news or "fake news" however you view it. He used his 1st amendment right to free speech and that ultimately cost him his job. A private employer can let you go for any reason or reasons they deem, example...if you tell your boss to "F*** off" even though you are exercising your 1st amendment right i'm quite certain you will still not have a job come the next day.

i actually applaud CNN for this move, they don't need people who will keep dividing this country, but they need people who will help try to make it come back as one again. Not saying they are going to help it all that much but at least this is a step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

I wasn't disagreeing with the firing. I have no problem with it. I'm just pointing out to several people who seem to hold inconsistent standards based on political ideology that we just had the same thing happen at Fox and people were singing a very different tune with unjust firings and freedom of speech being trampled on.

Part of being a public persona is representing your company in a public capacity. In effect, your personal conduct is on the clock at all times. In an ideal world that wouldn't be the case, but in the world we have right now it's something that one should always keep in mind.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join