It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The DOJ’s New Marijuana Task Force Kill Legal Weed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: underwerks

I would keep an eye on it, but it looks like his stance has always been leave it to the states.

It was however used extensively to manipulate the millennials into voting against Trump by the liberal media.

With Jeff Session's as AG, it looks like they were correct about who to vote against.

That is a ridiculous comment.

Hillary is about as liberal as a pitbull on meth.

Nothing the "liberals" do has anything to do with liberation, it is quite to opposite.
Try and remove yourself from your "team" for once and think objectively.

The Clintons have a know record of causing damage to superpredators and filling prisons with their legislation.

A person outside, or appearing to, will always be a better choice, especially if they know how to do the math and balance a budget.

Anyone who has Sessions opinion needs to be removed from power immediately.

Ridiculous, how so? Was Jeff Sessions not nominated by Donald Trump?

I don't remember any liberals nominating him for AG..

Trump did say he's only getting the "best" people, right? So obviously that includes Sessions, seeing as how Trump personally nominated him..

Quit with the circle jerk word games.

"With Jeff Session's as AG, it looks like they were correct about who to vote against."
-Followed by a smiley face
Could you get any more arrogant?
It is supposed to be a discussion, not your echo chamber here.

So you think Trump knew his death to potheads stance?
I highly doubt it.
It sounds like he is done with him, so it will be sorted out soon enough.

The ridiculousness I am stating is that you actually believe Hillary would have a better stance on the subject.

And p.s. cutting your roommates basement weed doesn't qualify you for the medical MJ industry.

I don't believe Hillary would have had a better stance on cannabis, with her it would have been just more of the same. Which isn't a bad thing given how good everything is working in states that chose to legalize under Obama and the Comey memo.

As to the first part, really? Your argument is that Trump didn't know who Jeff Sessions was or his positions when he nominated him? That's bad no matter how you look at it.

And please, keep the personal attacks in the mud pit.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I would keep an eye on it, but it looks like his stance has always been leave it to the states.

It was however used extensively to manipulate the millennials into voting against Trump by the liberal media.

With Jeff Session's as AG, it looks like they were correct about who to vote against.

That is a ridiculous comment.

Hillary is about as liberal as a pitbull on meth.

Nothing the "liberals" do has anything to do with liberation, it is quite to opposite.
Try and remove yourself from your "team" for once and think objectively.

The Clintons have a know record of causing damage to superpredators and filling prisons with their legislation.

A person outside, or appearing to, will always be a better choice, especially if they know how to do the math and balance a budget.

Anyone who has Sessions opinion needs to be removed from power immediately.

Ridiculous, how so? Was Jeff Sessions not nominated by Donald Trump?

I don't remember any liberals nominating him for AG..

Trump did say he's only getting the "best" people, right? So obviously that includes Sessions, seeing as how Trump personally nominated him..

Quit with the circle jerk word games.

"With Jeff Session's as AG, it looks like they were correct about who to vote against."
-Followed by a smiley face
Could you get any more arrogant?
It is supposed to be a discussion, not your echo chamber here.

So you think Trump knew his death to potheads stance?
I highly doubt it.
It sounds like he is done with him, so it will be sorted out soon enough.

The ridiculousness I am stating is that you actually believe Hillary would have a better stance on the subject.

And p.s. cutting your roommates basement weed doesn't qualify you for the medical MJ industry.

So...your argument is that Trump didn't know the major positions of the guy he was nominating to be America's "Top Cop" now?

That's astounding to me. Simply astounding. Either Trump is so wildly ignorant that he didn't bother to vet Sessions at all about major issues, or he was completely blind-sided by Sessions' position on drugs after Sessions took the post.

That's preposterous. I think it's far more likely that Trump thought Sessions would fall in line and now that Sessions isn't, the rift is opening. But to suggest that Trump either didn't vet him or did vet him and Sessions snowballed him on the topic is beyond fanciful, imho.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Good point. I might add, that all these legal growers should think twice about shipping flower and other goodies across state lines to states where it is still illegal. Even if they have a cuz that needs some fire.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Sessions stance on marijuana being very public shouldn't quite cause a huge alarm. He was going after traffickers and smugglers. He's not worried about you medicating IMO.

So knowing this, wouldn't it be safe to say that keeping any marijuana at bay from foreign places be a boon to the ever growing pot market, including the one in the OP?

Sessions has expressed the same level of contempt and support for punishment of dealers and users. Most of the time, users are dealers as well.

Nothing keeps cannabis from coming in from outside the country as well as there being no market for it. As we're finding out as more states start to legalize..

The latest data from the U.S. Border Patrol shows that last year, marijuana seizures along the southwest border tumbled to their lowest level in at least a decade. Agents snagged roughly 1.5 million pounds of marijuana at the border, down from a peak of nearly 4 million pounds in 2009.

Link

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I've only seen the dealer/trafficker push. Not user/grower. If I'm wrong, I'll happily concede.

It is refreshing to see that the biggest win in the "war on drugs" is the people handling it themselves by state. Beautiful thing....as the founders would have outlined.

Imagine of we could treat everything in the same manner, what would we need so much government for?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I've only seen the dealer/trafficker push. Not user/grower. If I'm wrong, I'll happily concede.

It is refreshing to see that the biggest win in the "war on drugs" is the people handling it themselves by state. Beautiful thing....as the founders would have outlined.

Imagine of we could treat everything in the same manner, what would we need so much government for?

I agree. I think drug legalization is something that should be left up to the states. When enough people are behind something, what can government really do?

I feel like the cannabis issue will be the one to push the states rights issue into the spotlight.
edit on 7-6-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Completely agree. The MJ argument transcends politics and most religions. The people are behind this. The statistics agree.

As long as it stays a state matter, this will be a good things. When/if/should it become recognized under the federal system, it very well may crumble. I hope you and other folks that work in the industry can understand that.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
He wants to execute drug dealers and Trump said Duterte was doing an amazing job killing all his drug dealers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems to me like we are steps away from executing drug dealers here. Trump die hards will find a way to make this a good idea just so they wont be wrong about him.

They will say stupid sht like "its a gateway drug" and "we do have a real drug problem here" so Im onboard with it.

It will be the same as the Obama puppets. Might be a good time to quit partaking if you do.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Could this be task force possibly be used to protect the states with legal mj laws? There's still tons of cartel mj flooding in the country. That doesn't help our economy. If mj is going to be legal on a federal level, there needs to be system still in place to keep the cartel drugs out of the country.

I have this crazy idea that Trumps going to EO the end of MJ prohibition, leaving it up to the states(like he said he wanted to do) right before reelection time. This task force could be useful to protect and enforce the booming legal MJ economy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Odd thing is that this is an argument point in favor of lifting prohibition on all drugs. One of the biggest problems caused by illegal drugs is the black market. Remove prohibition and remove the black market. I know it's not as simple as that but it does look encouraging.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Could this be task force possibly be used to protect the states with legal mj laws? There's still tons of cartel mj flooding in the country. That doesn't help our economy. If mj is going to be legal on a federal level, there needs to be system still in place to keep the cartel drugs out of the country.
How about offering a high quality, low cost product consistently to your local stores all grown and manufactured in the USA? If you want to end the illegal importing of Cannabis to the US by the evil drug cartels then remove prohibition.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
More smoke no fire(pun intended).

The OP is just fear mongering!
Cannabis is so widely consumed there really is no stopping it anymore. Sessions knows this. If you actually read into what the new AG intends to do is target the illegal aspects. Like black market interstate trade, unlicensed grows, etc. But don't let that stop people on the left from freaking out because this administration is doing the same thing every other administration has done before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join