It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Just Held a Fake Signing Ceremony For a Letter To Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Has this ever happened before? Maybe I missed something in my years of following politics. Presidents signing bills, laws that haven't even been created or produced. Why don't you actually do the work in developing a plan first before signing anything Don:

No matter your opinion on Donald Trump, one thing that everybody who is paying attention should know is that virtually nothing has gotten done during his first 4.5 months in office. That means the presidential photo ops that accompany signing of major legislation have been few and far between. In fact, they have been almost non-existent.

It was a pathetic spectacle to many when Republican members of the House loaded up on buses and trekked to the White House like a bunch of drunken frat boys heading for spring break to celebrate their vote on Obamacare repeal. But that was nothing compared to what happened on June 5.

thedailybanter.com...

He hasn't achieved much anything in the 5 or so months he's held office. He holds the Whitehouse, the GOP holds majorities in congress, he's getting his own in the supreme court, yet he can't seem to achieve much of anything. Just talk. Now we're reduced to him signing non-existing bills and watching him and his avid supporters blame others for his inaction.

Being president is not an easy job. This is we go through a year+ long process of vetting presidential candidates, listing to what they have to offer, watching their achievements. To be fit for the job you have to be able to lead, you have to be able to take charge, you need to be pro-active. Nobody is perfect but in the least there has to be an indication of effort to produce something. Trump doesn't appear to be doing any of these. He has all the support in the world, all the aids, GOP politicians, the experts at his disposal, yet he's reduced to signing non-existing bills.

Our standards have really gone down.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

All the support in the world? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLcopter..... in a Trump bash thread you talk about how much support he has.
edit on 6/7/17 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What a moronic thread.

President Trump has signed more bills into law in his first 100 days than any President since Truman.

Looking at the number of bills, Trump had signed 28 as of late April 2017, just before his 100 day mark in office. Spicer and McClintock are correct that this is more than every president going back about 70 years. Trump signed 31 executive orders during his first 100 days, also more than any president since Truman, according to calculations in a CNN.com article. Many of those rolled back orders signed by President Obama.

OP - you are drenched in fake news propaganda and wilfully and mindlessly pushing it.

edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What facts?

That article from politifact makes no mention of this infrastructure bill being real at all. It's from April 26th.

Politifact confirms he's signed executive orders, presidential memorandums etc. We're all well aware of this.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
He signed a non-existent infrastructure bill boys and girls. It's not real. He did a fake signing for the cameras.

Get that through your heads then come back to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

What facts?

That article from politifact makes no mention of this infrastructure bill being real at all. It's from April 26th.

Politifact confirms he's signed executive orders, presidential memorandums etc. We're all well aware of this.

What about the fact he's signed more Bills into law in his first 100 days than any President since Truman - and also more EO's since Truman?
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

He hasn't achieved much anything in the 5 or so months he's held office.

Sorry sport, I didn't think you had forgotten your OP so quickly.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Its not the dems filibustering or dragging their heels kicking and screaming into confirmation hearings over people that are squeaky clean? I mean they said thats what they will do just to stop him from getting anything done.

You need to put credit to where credit is due, the Dems continue to screw over US citizens with this yuuge nothing burger Russia narrative.

thehill.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.rawstory.com...

thetylt.com...

www.lifezette.com...

Please feel free to avoid these links and keep your head in the sand when it comes to who is doing the failing on purpose.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

As I said, I'm well aware of him signing executive orders and other bills, this doesn't equate to action.

I love it how you're trying to focus on one part of the OP in order to derail the main point, that he did a fake signing ceremony for a non-existent infrastructure bill.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

is this an impeachable offence?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Jokes and Puns right ?

It's funny enough.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
WOW! We should impeach him over this ASAP.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is this an impeachable offence?

Of course not but it does show Trumps character in that photo ops are more important than the truth.

What a clown playing for the cameras; thinks the White house is somekind of *****ing reality show.
edit on 7-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm sorry I'm not more enthusiastic. Part of your heavily biased article in the OP is bull# and the meat and potatoes isn't very exciting. Trump is a lot of things, narcissistic being one of them. Perhaps he just got lonely and wanted some company, I don't know. But this is kind of like reporting on the pimple on his ass, I just don't care. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The article you linked said he signed a letter outlining his

"principles" for overhauling the ATC system.
so why are you and the linked "news" source pushing a false narrative about signing "bills, laws that haven't even been created or produced."?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No matter your opinion on Donald Trump, one thing that everybody who is paying attention should know is that virtually nothing has gotten done during his first 4.5 months in office

Ahhhhh hahahaha. You lost me right there.

I'll post a vid so you don't have to read.

Maybe I'll post anyway, lol. Hmmm, lets see. So many to choose from.

HERE IT IS=> Complete List of President Trump’s Major Accomplishments in First 100 Days

Guest post by Joe Hoft

Presidential candidate Donald Trump held his final campaign rally at 1am on election day November 8th, 2016 in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

At the end of his final speech candidate Trump said this –

Just imagine what our country could accomplish if we started working together as one people, under one God, saluting one American flag. I’m asking you to dream big because with your vote we are just hours away from the change you’ve been waiting for your entire life. So to every parent who dreams for their child and to every child who dreams for their future I say these words to you tonight. I am with you. I will fight for you and I will win for you. I promise.

To all Americans tonight in all of our cities and in all of our towns, I pledge to you one more time. Together we will make American wealthy again. We will make America strong again. We will make America safe again and we will make America great again!

President Trump started off as aggressive as any President ever in working for the American people as he promised. Now as President Trump’s first 100 days in office come to an end, here is a complete list of his accomplishments and his resulting impact on the economy and world affairs in this very short period of time:

The US Stock Markets are at record highs and millions of Americans are benefitting in their retirement savings accounts.

* The DOW daily closing stock market average rose more than 15% since the election on November 8th. (On November 9th the DOW closed at 18,332 – on March 1st the DOW closed at 21,115).
* Since the Inauguration on January 20th the DOW rose 6.5%. (It was at 19,827 at January 20th and reached 21,115 on March 1st.)
* The DOW took just 66 days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The DOW closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd and closed above 21,000 on March 1st.
* The DOW closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the DOW at 24 days.
* The US Stock Market gained $2 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* The S&P 500 broke $20 Trillion for the first time in its history.
* In the history of the DOW, going back to January 1901, the DOW record for most continuous closing high trading days was set in January of 1987 when Ronald Reagan was President. The DOW set closing highs an amazing 12 times in a row that month. On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan when the DOW reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!

President Trump decreased the US Debt in his first 100 days by $100 Billion. (President Obama increased the US debt in his first 100 days by more than $560 Billion.)

The US Manufacturing Index soared to a 33 year high in this period which were the best numbers since 1983 under President Reagan.

President Trump added 298,000 jobs in his first month alone (after President Obama said jobs were not coming back!).

Housing sales are red-hot. In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.

Illegal immigration is down 67% since President Trump’s Inauguration.

NATO announced Allied spending is up $10 Billion because of President Trump.

After being nominated by President Trump, Constitutionalist Judge Neil Gorsuch was confirmed and sworn in as Supreme Court Justice in early April.

The President has signed 66 executive orders, memoranda and proclamations as of April 19th, including:

* Notifying Congress of a strike on Syria after it was reported that the country used gas on its citizens.
* Dismantling Obama’s climate change initiatives.
* Travel bans for individuals from a select number of countries embroiled in terrorist atrocities.
* Enforcing regulatory reform.
* Protecting Law enforcement.
* Mandating for every new regulation to eliminate two.
* Defeating ISIS.
* Rebuilding the military.
* Building a border wall.
* Cutting funding for sanctuary cities.
* Approving pipelines.
* Reducing regulations on manufacturers.
* Placing a hiring freeze on federal employees.
* Exiting the US from the TPP.

In addition to all this, the President has met with many foreign leaders from across the globe including Xi from China, Abe from Japan, etc.

The President also pointed out numerous times that the MSM (Main Stream Media) reports only on a made up Russia conspiracy story and ignores these accomplishments. These actions are making the majority of Americans aware of the tremendous bias in the media in the US and abroad. This too is another major Trump accomplishment.
source

The only reason he's not gotten more done is all the crybaby Dems who would rather block him treasonously IMO than cooperate. Bunch a nancies.

peace

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Never in the recorded history of mankind have so many people gotten so amazingly riled up over a man who has allegedly achieved "nothing."

Y'all cannot have it both ways... pick an insult path and stick to it for a change.
Either Trump is a fool or he's devious... can't be both.
Either Trump is turning America into the 3rd Reich or he's achieved nothing... can't be both.
Either Trump is an antisemite or he's a Zionist puppet... can't be both.
Either Trump is a dictator or he's not running anything... can't be both.

Trump is doing fine.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
LOL

I read about this last night... what a clown! and, the jackasses looking over his shoulder like he's signing something important - it's total and absolute comedy!!

not to mention it reeks of desperation!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

It reeks of accountability. Each individual in that image will be held accountable if COngress fails to push this infrastructure bill through. There is a certain upstaging effort by Trump in this, but if it leads to action then it is a useful managerial tool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join