It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France, Italy, Germany 'firmly believe' Paris climate deal can't be renegotiated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And give the bankers trusts 28% of your savings.

Such a deal !!

You should provide evidence to back up this nonsense (lie) you just posted.

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
It costs money. You have yet to tell me the benefits and explain why it's worth it.

And you have yet to tell me how it will cost, and how much, with evidence to back it all up.

And others have yet to back up the elusive (non-existent) bill the US allegedly pays.

But let's reply to you: for me the benefits of this worldwide agreement are all ecological - less deforestation, no fracking, no oil spillage, no killing of whole areas and its fauna and flora, cleaner air, clean renewable energy, less dependence on foreign fossil fuels, etc. Whether you believe global warming is happening or not, a transition to clean energy can only be a good thing.

But you keep on talking about costs, so let's talk about the financial side of it: the future of energy is green, figures back it up.... why do you think China and Russia are on it too?

Oil prices are collapsing and coal is on an irreversible decline.

Gas is now the king (or queen) of fossil fuels but all due to fracking. Do you really wish for companies to keep on fracking and destroying groundwater and the environment?

Solar and wind power are now cheaper than fossil fuels (without subsidies).

Renewable energy investments now beat fossil fuels worldwide. Not taking advantage of this expanding and growing market means that companies and workers in countries investing in renewable energy will dominate the future: The International Energy Agency projects that the global clean energy market will total over $60 trillions in the next 2 decades.

According to the US Eneergy and Employment 2017 Report, solar alone employs more than double as many Americans as coal.

So there you go, my two pennie's worth on the Paris agreement, almost 200 countries from all over the world understand its benefits and have committed to it. I think our planet is worth the effort. I think our children are worth the effort even more.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
How about Germany being firmly in a stance against the free-reign bailouts of Italian corrupt banks and oligarchs using ECB printed money? How about getting rid of Draghi, and replacing him with Jurgen Stark? How about Germany showing how the migrants are landing in southern Italy?
Maybe the names of people and "NGOs" that are bringing them there from Africa. Not a single one of them is a refugee. All economic migrants.
How about Germany explaining the connection of NGOs with intelligence services?
edit on 2-7-2017 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

And you have yet to tell me how it will cost, and how much, with evidence to back it all up.

No I don't. You are the one selling it. If you admit you have no clue then how are you going to tell me it should be done?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Renewable energy investments now beat fossil fuels worldwide.

So what does us not being part of the Paris agreement have to do with anything, are we unable to go green now?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Lol could you please list the countries that didn't sign it. I'll wait. In fact I won't because this is too good. The only countries that didn't sign this "stupid " thing were the United States, Nicaragua, and Syria.
Nicaragua didn't sign it because they believe it was to lenient on the goal requirements and Syria didn't sign... well because it's Syria. The United States didn't sign it because some of us are selfish.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Or because it made no sense and it will have almost zero impact.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
So the great negotiator failed to negotiate again.

The best negotiator will tell you that sometimes you need to walk away from the table. Not every deal is worth making.

It's only the poor negotiators that insist on flogging a dead horse because they're too desperate to get something, anything, no matter if it's a bad deal for them.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

He negotiated a strategic withdrawal. Best possible outcome there was.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Working with other countries to take care of our planet makes no sense?

Reversing the effects of man made climate even by a half a degree. Means that we stopped it from rising further and are stabilising the temperature.

To put this into perspective as some people (maybe not you necessarily) don't seem to understand how the global temperature works. Its an average of every countries average temperature. So a small change of the global temp. Equates to large changes around the world.

In fact during the last ice age the global temp. was only 4-7 degrees colder than it is now. A few degrees warmer and there will be large scale droughts spreading across the planet. Causing even more war and famine.

Reversing the projected 2° increase by 2030 and dropping the current global temp. by 1/2 a degree could end the drought in Syria and could help ensure that California or the rest of the U.S. doesn't have another massive draught.

Not to mention the Paris agreement was also meant to bring lesser developed countries up to code. So basically preventing another China from happening as far as pollution goes.

I would say that is a rather large impact, wouldn't you?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
France better think what's it gonna do the end of this summer when Macron's plans to attack Syria are defused completely, rather than thinking too much about climate scams.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join