It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Printed clothing that reacts to your environment and 3D Printed helmet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is interesting.

Imagine if your clothes became an extension of your skin able to respond to the environment around you.

Behnaz Farahi, an architect and interaction designer at the University of Southern California has created a 3D-printed garment, Caress of the Gaze, which detects when you are being stared at and moves in response.

www.bbc.com...

These clothes respond when people are staring at you and has the possibility to do a lot of other things. Here's a longer video.

The same person also made a 3D Printed helmet that changes shape according to your brain waves.

This is the clothing of the future. As Dr. Kaku says, computing power will get cheaper and cheaper and just about everything will be computational. Your clothes, appliances, cars and more.
edit on 31-5-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
I could print clothes that will disolve in water if I want, so they react with their environment

Well basically it´s not too hard. You just need a filler material that disolve in water and mix it with something like ninjaflex inside the extruder-head or by switching the head every x mm to use both materials in different heads. It´s all doable.

3D printers are awesome and a technologic field in it self. It´s by far not a new technic but now it get´s a roll in public. By time you get to know each printer and settings, it´s a little art, there are at least 200 major software parameters to be learned, understood and mastered.

Let alone calibrating the axis, steppers etc. I myself built two fused filament 3D printers. The first one was a Prusa i3 Hephestos kit for self montage (I stopped time and did it in 4hours, with smoke breaks). The second one is my own design, similar to the prusa i3 but I can print endless lenghts if I want, some more extras like auto-leveling and 4 print heads, trapezoids, bigger steppers, more print surface.

My current project is a selfmade pick and place 4axis arm that can place objects inside the print. The proof of concept is running and now I´m working on the rotation mechanism for switching tools on the arm.

I´m basically able run prints with hidden basic electronic circuits inside, and I´m trying to market this printer in Germany.

little edit, sforgot to write "react with environment".
edit on 31-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
well that creeped me out i can tell you

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'd love to have one of those baseball caps with a little propeller on the top that started spinning whenever you were thinking. Maybe have some LED lights that flash when you are daydreaming or concentrating. Teachers would love that.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Goes invisible when you have a brain fart... I like it!

Your extended brain exists so why not clothing?

Mine would be tie-dyed when ______, have goggles when drinking, probably a middle finger the rest of time! LOL.

Sorry Neo! But this is both cool and the "mood ring" of the future. So funny has to happen.

Hey, why wasn't this in Star Wars?

top topics

join