It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Hover Board Video Seems Real To Me

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

Williams X Jet.

I still think this Flyboard is a clever viral marketing campaign.

Jetman uses the same jets as the flyboard uses.

edit on 31-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The difference between yours and mine is model jet engines exist. Quad copter controllers exist. If the thrust from the model jet engines is strong enough and I think it is the video I am showing may be an engineering reality. Where as yours requires anti gravity technology is compact form which doesn't exist in any form. At least the components that go into the hover craft I showed actually exist.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The problem would inevitably be the power source.

The levitation effect may be achievable using some kind of room temperature superconductor but for it to be able to carry the weight of a passenger whilst maintaining flight it would still have to consume and enormous amount of energy and our batteries are simply not that efficient.

If it did do what it says on the tin, it would not just be skateboards that changed. The whole modern day aviation industry would probobly change overnight.

So i have to call fake on this video, although i do see us being able to achieve something similar in the not to distant future.
edit on 31-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hover boards/jet packs/iron man suits will never truly be a thing that's useable on a 24/7 basis. Until we have an unlimited power source then these machines that have to run on gas or batteries are pointless in my eyes you'll either have to carry a big pack of batteries with you or a large amount of gas

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Those back packs could be distributed for easy drop-off and pick-up. It's just jet fuel.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Looks like they were testing that hover board here in Miami.

My wifes cousin got video of a guy flying around on one this weekend.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Tell him to post it on YouTube and post a link. At some point people are going to think this is real. I can't wait to see one flying over the Hudson between Hoboken and NYC!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This does look like a real video. Lots of people are around watching this too, I think it is real. Notice these guys seem to be doing this over water a lot, I suppose if you crash it won't hurt as much hitting the water. Lots of boats out there waiting to pick him up if something happens too. I'm pretty sure it is real footage. Looks sort of fun, if I was younger, maybe in my forties, I might like one of those. You don't heal as fast when you are over sixty.

I don't guess you have ever hit the water at a high velocity. It is kind of like hitting concrete; water does not compress very well. I would say he just wants them to find most of the body parts.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily
a reply to: frenchfries

You're full of it.

How is it any different than this?

This was made several decades ago. The gyroscopic effect makes it very easy to maneuver.

But scrapped because of the vulnerability of the soldier. Weight to lift ratio precludes armor to protect them. The same will hold true for any 'hover platform' (why helicopters still rule).

Development testing over water to prevent injuries on landing... they still have to 'land', right?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

If I see him again before he goes back to ecuador I'll ask.

He also wouldn't of believed it if he didn't see it with his own eyes. He said it was something out of a movie. The guy on that board flying around.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

... hmmm full of it , wasn't aware that the ATS hivemind was into Zappata. ha... now i'm getting it. Drones cool , one droneman is real so they are all real. Case closed.

edit on 5312017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: intrptr

... hmmm full of it , wasn't aware that the ATS hivemind was into Zappata. ha... now i'm getting it. Drones cool , one droneman is real so they are all real. Case closed.

He meant full of love and compassion.

I appreciate your skepticism. With the Franky Zapata's FlyBoard however, I do think it is real. Not many people have movie level budgets for FX effects just for making a hoax. There are lots of videos too. I think it's real.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

ah... then I misinterpreted that. English not my native language... I thought full of it meant... full of BS

Well if it comes to FX effects they are actually quite cheap these days. It used to be like a whole software package costed like $6000 dollar but now there is open source that can do the same for a very small budget (see link). That' s why I'm sceptic hoaxing is quite easy and I really tried to rent the thing (I'm into model airplanes for a long time )but it came down that I had to buy a waterjet first? So well Zappata can be real , but hoaxing is not that difficult , amateurs can do it nowadays. That said I think there are many dronemen that are real but just not so specular. to accelerate at 250 with 3 g well ... legs+pressure go figure . Add on top on that that pixeldensity ambientcolor and suspicious trackmarkers and it might be CGI. Waterdistortion from the airjets is also not that diffcult to fake. Well just my opinion , I just want to see the guy in action with my own eyes , footage cant be trusted.

btw remember those sinkholes now click the link...

www.youtube.com...

But that doesn't mean that all the sinkholes are fake (inverse logic). So Zappata fake , doesn't mean that all dronemen are fake...

oh... I just want to believe that Zapata is real , but my gut tells me the capacities of the flyboard are overexaggerated.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
if geniesis has it as a record it must be real

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

originally posted by: rickymouse
This does look like a real video. Lots of people are around watching this too, I think it is real. Notice these guys seem to be doing this over water a lot, I suppose if you crash it won't hurt as much hitting the water. Lots of boats out there waiting to pick him up if something happens too. I'm pretty sure it is real footage. Looks sort of fun, if I was younger, maybe in my forties, I might like one of those. You don't heal as fast when you are over sixty.

I don't guess you have ever hit the water at a high velocity. It is kind of like hitting concrete; water does not compress very well. I would say he just wants them to find most of the body parts.

I have dived off of bridges and cliffs years ago, when I was young and dumb. I dove off a bridge and got entangled in a tree moving downstream under water one day, I got back up and yelled to my friends not to jump, the tree flipped up about that time and a big branch flipped out of the water. Last time I jumped of that bridge, there were sturgeon in that river too, I would hate to dive into a hundred pound sturgeon....It is called the Sturgeon river for a reason. I caught a couple little sturgeon out of that river, they are weird looking when they are small. Powerful little fish too. Hard to hold onto when taking the hook out of.

I dived off some cliffs with a friend, we had to jump out, I saw a big rock below the surface and had to switch to a shallow dive, that was very hard on the back, but I did not hit the rock. I found out later that you can't dive off that area, people have hit that rock and a few die every now and then. You would think the city would have signs, but then again, population control can't happen if people do not die. Diving from forty feet isn't bad unless you have to alter the dive, then it really hurts.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not sure why it's being called fake. The tech isn't that advanced. Take a drone that self levels and substitute with RC jet engines.

People have been doing this with electric motors and fans for a while now.

I would probably ride a superbike through traffic at 200 before I rode one though.

I would ride one up in the clouds with a parachute, at a recoverable altitude, but below that is a death sentence.

I don't think it will ever be marketed for that reason.

We aren't even allowed lawn darts, especially human lawn darts.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I dived off some cliffs with a friend

Not to get to far off topic, but I used to "dive" for the Quincy Police Underwater Recovery Team, searching for the remains of those adventurous souls drawn to the cliffs of Quincy's Quarries, before they were finally filled in.
Then as now, we knew there was nothing we can say that would stop you from jumping off cliffs, all we ask is that you wear bright colors so we can find your bodies, have a nice summer

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Here's the full story from the Guinness World Records website.

www.guinnessworldrecords.com...

If Franky used special effects to fool the assembled multitudes and Guinness, then to heck with the world record, he deserves an Academy Award.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

This one looks safer, doesn't come with 90 mph specs and a 10,000 foot ceiling....

It's my personal opinion that both are hoaxes, and before you throw the Guinness World Record at me, yes, I'm aware of that.

btw your video is not that recent, there are many that are newer.

Dude, the video you just posted is absolutely fake and was never purported to be real; the OP's vid is 100% real, 100%. I've seen it with my own eyes in person.
edit on 31-5-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

A lot of people thought the Flyboard air vids were fake when it came out, is there a Snopes article on the Flyboard Air?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join