It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Probing Ivanka Trump Brands In China Arrested Missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

SHANGHAI (AP) — A man investigating working conditions at a Chinese company that produces Ivanka Trump-brand shoes has been arrested and two others are missing, the arrested man’s wife and an advocacy group said Tuesday. Hua Haifeng was accused of illegal surveillance, according to his wife, Deng Guilian, who said the police called her Tuesday afternoon. Deng said the caller told her she didn’t need to know the details, only that she would not be able to see, speak with or receive money from her husband, the family’s breadwinner.

China Labor Watch Executive Director Li Qiang said he lost contact with Hua Haifeng and the other two men, Li Zhao and Su Heng, over the weekend. By Tuesday, after dozens of unanswered calls, he had concluded: “They must be held either by the factory or the police to be unreachable.”

For 17 years, China Labor Watch has investigated working conditions at suppliers to some of the world’s best-known companies, but Li said his work has never before attracted this level of scrutiny from China’s state security apparatus. “Our plan was to investigate the factory to improve the labor situation,” Li said. “But now it has become more political.”

This has never happened to these workers before. They were told to stop investigating the factory and now they are missing.

The White House referred reporters to the Ivanka Trump brand for comments but they also declined to comment. I hope these men make it back home to their families.

Li Zhao and Hua Haifeng were blocked from leaving mainland China for Hong Kong in April and May — something that had never happened to his colleagues before, Li said. Hua Haifeng was stopped at the border May 25 and later questioned by police, Li said. During their final phone conversation on Saturday, Hua told Li that police had asked him to stop investigating the Huajian factory — another turn of events that Li said was unprecedented.

apnews.com...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

China knows how to handle people who are trying to cause trouble.

Not surprised.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Popcorn time. Here comes the far left jumpin the gun...

+3 more 
posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The plight of workers in China is nothing new and it appears that it will never change.
Talk to Apple and all the other large companies that outsource their manufacturing there.
Don't pin this bull crap on Trump's daughter.
edit on 30-5-2017 by RazorV66 because: Trouble reading today!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm waiting for CNN to report they are in Russia after the KGB arrested them.

COLLUSION COLLUSION COLLUSION!!

Or do you have to say it five times in a row so it seems real?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Not surprised.

Wow....

How can you support that?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Don't pin this bull crap on Trump's wife.

Ewww dude!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'll wait for the official story on MSNBC later.

Nothing else can be trusted at this time.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

He wishes! LOL!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
The plight of workers in China is nothing new and it appears that it will never change.
Talk to Apple and all the other large companies that outsource their manufacturing there.

Ivanka is Trumps daughter.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: RazorV66

Ivanka is Trumps daughter.

Lol
My apologies...I read the story twice too and still got it wrong.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'd like to probe Ivanka Trump.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

3 quarters of America is Made in China so if Ivanka goes down, pretty much America burns as there will be MUCH bigger fish than Ivanka involved in these government approved shenanigans. - there will be no more Walmart or McDonalds or clothing shops (unless you have $50K to spend on coats etc).

Oh, did I mention that this is US government approved? The exporting offshore of American businesses? The USA approves of sweatshops.

Hillary Clinton

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
This has never happened to these workers before. They were told to stop investigating the factory and now they are missing.

When in China, do not, repeat: DO NOT investigate anything that could potentially be disruptive to the government. Trump and China now have a thing, and so any issues with Trump is now a issue with China, and China will make you disappear quickly.

I expect they wont be seen again, but their organs might come up for auction.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

3 quarters of America is Made in China so if Ivanka goes down, pretty much America burns as there will be MUCH bigger fish than Ivanka involved in these government approved shenanigans. - there will be no more Walmart or McDonalds or clothing shops (unless you have $50K to spend on coats etc).

Oh, did I mention that this is US government approved? The exporting offshore of American businesses? The USA approves of sweatshops.

Hillary Clinton

Hyperbole
If China became a 1st world nation with sensible wages, corporations would simply find a new slave market.
India, Many SE asian nations, south america, Africa, etc. Never a shortage of dirt cheap manufacturing.

But it wont happen. Chinas government doesn't just turn a blind eye, they actively support this practice.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Metallicus

Not surprised.

Wow....

How can you support that?

I am sure they will have their organs recycled giving life in the process.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Hyperbole
If China became a 1st world nation with sensible wages, corporations would simply find a new slave market.
India, Many SE asian nations, south america, Africa, etc. Never a shortage of dirt cheap manufacturing.

But it wont happen. Chinas government doesn't just turn a blind eye, they actively support this practice.

Most US companies already moved to India, Vietnam, Africa or other places.

Wages in major Chinese cities are enough for housing, decent clothing, electronics, motorcycles or car pooling. This is light years progress from the life most of these people's parents endured.

Chinese State run factories might be considered to support harsh conditions. Compared to the farmers living on rice and Malaria I'm not sure it's even considered a bad option to them.

I don't know if people think Americans just showed up here and everything was great. I know my family and most others toiled for generations in third world conditions to build the communities we take for granted.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I expect this is totally because the Chinese to want this to get back to the Trump adm and ruin their relationship. Would love to see just the question get to Ivanka and see what she does. Here Trump should intervene.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
Wages in major Chinese cities are enough for housing, decent clothing, electronics, motorcycles or car pooling. This is light years progress from the life most of these people's parents endured.

The lost generation had basically nothing. Now, since the takeover of HK, capitalism is flourishing in China. Things are absolutely improving, but that doesn't mean for everyone, nor by comparison it is acceptable.

Simple things like plumbing, housing standards, food and drug standards, Environmental standards, etc.
Hell, you can't even drink tap water without at the very least boiling it

But also, lets keep in mind the real reason China is on a upswing still is for the endless building (of ghost cities) that will inevitably implode in a very big way one day

top topics

<<   2 >>

join